Octo yellin' at Coz??!!

SkerMin8r

It started the first four plays of the game.

If you have to motivate your players to play against the top team in the country at home. You have serious problems with the players not the coach.

I am not saying Coz is a great coach. But this honestly had nothing to do with coaching. We could not tackle. If they have to be taught how to tackle at this point in their careers they are not going to make it anyway.

Talent beat our butts this weekend. Talent normally wins out. We are nowhere near what they have and a host of other programs. WE are outside the top ten, most likely about where we are ranked now.

Accept where we are and look what is being done to correct the situation. That is all we can do. Steps are being made. But we are not there yet and will not be next year or the year after. A good class this year, but not as good as SC's, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma and a few others. It takes time to save the money, we just started.

Spot on...well said. I don't think Coz is a great coach but he had nothing to do with Sat nights game.

If you have to motivate your players to play against the top team in the country at home. You have serious problems with the players not the coach.

I am not saying Coz is a great coach. But this honestly had nothing to do with coaching. We could not tackle. If they have to be taught how to tackle at this point in their careers they are not going to make it anyway.

Talent beat our butts this weekend. Talent normally wins out. We are nowhere near what they have and a host of other programs. WE are outside the top ten, most likely about where we are ranked now.

Accept where we are and look what is being done to correct the situation. That is all we can do. Steps are being made. But we are not there yet and will not be next year or the year after. A good class this year, but not as good as SC's, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma and a few others. It takes time to save the money, we just started.

Spot on...well said. I don't think Coz is a great coach but he had nothing to do with Sat nights game.

How did he not have anything to do with the game... last I checke he is the defensive coordinator and yes he can't make the plays, but I am pretty sure it is his job to make sure our guys know how to tackle and we did a poor job of that. So yes he had plenty to do with what happened.

How did he not have anything to do with the game... last I checke he is the defensive coordinator and yes he can't make the plays, but I am pretty sure it is his job to make sure our guys know how to tackle and we did a poor job of that. So yes he had plenty to do with what happened.

at least he should have had a clue what might be coming after the WF game. SC saw that game film and decided right then and there that they could run all over the Huskers. pretty obvious (if you were the D coordinator) what you needed to work on coming up to this game.

i read an article where Charlie Weiss said his kids would not even watch the film of the last 2 beatings they took. you know what Charlie said (basically)? "we are going back to pre season drills, starting today."

the doomers are 0 and 3......i wouldn't want to be at practice with those guys this week!

interesting decision. wonder if coz would do that to wake up his D a little bit?

Did you just respond to yourself? <_< Interesting.

i read an article where Charlie Weiss said his kids would not even watch the film of the last 2 beatings they took. you know what Charlie said (basically)? "we are going back to pre season drills, starting today."

the doomers are 0 and 3......i wouldn't want to be at practice with those guys this week!

interesting decision. wonder if coz would do that to wake up his D a little bit?

Did you just respond to yourself? <_< Interesting.

yes isn't it?

It was mentioned by a few people in here but I think you guys are giving Octavien too much credit. I was watching from North Stadium and saw him shift out of position multiple times. It just so happens one of those was a run up the middle (from where he shifted) for a touchdown. Of the LBs, I'd say Brandenburg and Dillard played the best. I've never been a fan of the Ruuds, they're too slow. I think Q was much better when he was younger, he's lost his swagger.

With the holes that were opened up because of the shifting out of position and the flat out more talented players of SC, I'd think both Cosgrove's defensive schemes and the complete lack of fundamentals are equally to blame.

I totally agree that we did not execute. Tackling was terrible. It happens to players and teams. It's called a bad game. However when you have multiple "bad games" this is a trend. Who's responsibility is it to addresses fixing of this trend, the coach.

I'm tired of the "we did not execute" excuse from Cosgrove. If the current players on the field aren't "executing" it's the coaches job to get them off the field and get someone else in. If we have no one on the sidelines that can "execute" Cosgrove's game plan, it's a preparation problem. Who preps the players, the coach.

Sorry but from my vantage point I've seen to many "trends" on defense the last couple years to be blaming the players over and over again.

I watched Suh being blownup by a true Freshman

I watched Steinkuler being pushed back time after time. Acutally every single defensive lineman we had.

I saw how slow, Q and Ruud looked against the Trojans.

That is not coaching. That is being out muscled. It is showing the lack of talent we have.

Basic terms for those that just do not understand.

If you took 25 gold coins and put them in the bank every year for 6 years would they be worth more than putting 20 gold coins in for 1 year. Please think carefully on this. There has already been a test.

We need to quit reading our own press. We do not read the real press, or believe it for some reason. We get on this kick that below average linemen last year are all of a sudden studs this year. It does not happen.

Reality is we are getting better and it will show through out the season. We do not have the talent to play with the big boys yet. Patience.

just trying to make it easier for the mental midgets out there

Cosgrove sucks. I would love to see some video of that yelling session. I want to watch a few plays again to see just how bad Ruud and McKeon were... are there any clips out there?

Don't forget to throw Steinkuler under the bus too! I watched the game again and focused on D-line. Steinkuler got driven about 5 yards off the line on every running play and his backup Dixon was no better. Mckeon and Ruud were a couple of steps to slow and couldn't fill the huge holes. My guess is that every team we play will run similar running plays till we prove we can stop em. I just couldn't believe that Cosgrove didn't make any adjustments. He's definitely in over his head, we'll never be a legit contender till we get a better DC.

unbelievable. go back and read your post, carefully. this is not so much about coaching, it is about being OUT MANNED! :w00t you can't make steak out of goddamn hamberger. our defense is hamberger, nothing the coaches can do will change that, unless we stack the middle and leave the DB's completely alone.

if we would have made that adjustment against SC, Booty would have thrown the ball all over us.

it begins with a strong front 4. you either got 'em or you don't.

Are you serious! Are you seriously telling me that the best adjustments to make were none at all BECAUSE WE WERE OUTMANNED. I don't doubt for a second that we were outmanned up front, but to say that we needed to be continuously humiliated on national television because we were afraid to leave our DB's all alone is just ridiculous. Believe me, the way were getting blasted up the middle I was jumping for joy when they would drop back for a pass.