Ricky Thenarse, Phillip Dillard, LaTravis Washington....

KS HUSKER

I think we all saw what happened in 2004 when you throw a player into a game unprepared.....

Thenarse, Dillard, Lance and Castille are not unprepared, they ALL have GAME time experience. On another note, here's a little lesson for all of the Solich lovers out there who don't like the "He didn't recruit talent, look at who's starting" quotes we've been talking about since BC showed: 2 worst playing LB's on the field at all times McKeon and Ruud, both Solich recruits. Sorry to open another can of worms, but I had to say it.

Here's my question: why didn't Castille get the ball against USC? There is NO practice excuse or game time excuse cause he has them. IMO, Callahan didn't want him to f*ck up and by saying that, he played conservative against USC again.

I wondered as well. Glenn seemed more effective than Lucky against the big boys of USC and I think Castille would've been better than Lucky as well. it was one of those in game adjustments that seems obvious that never happens.

I was hoping to see a lot of Castille and Glenn. USC's defense is definitely on the smaller, faster end of the spectrum (although they're pretty big too). The best way to counter that was to hand it off to our bigger backs who can run through people (as long as its not Sedrick Ellis). Lucky is effective against the bigger, slower defenses that he can blow past or around. I think BC is just devoted to this NFL idea that you have to have one feature back who gets the vast majority of carries every game regardless of who you're playing. That was really my only complaint about our offensive game plan Saturday. USC is just good.

I think BC is just devoted to this NFL idea that you have to have one feature back who gets the vast majority of carries every game regardless of who you're playing. That was really my only complaint about our offensive game plan Saturday. USC is just good.

That was soo true last year...

My argument is how do you know they arent prepared? Bc they are freshmen? Castille ran through tacklers against Wake when he got in there and especially Nevada. He also had one of the hardest hits Ive seen in a long time on kick return, so what makes you think that he wouldnt be ready for the game? Also Thenarse is the same story, he came flying down on kickoff made a play and when he got in there late in the game he was tearing people up. How do you know that Paul would not have taken one of the passes for about 20 more yards or more? Erickson caught a pass when he was WIDE OPEN!! Are you telling me that someone twice as strong, fast, and quick couldnt have gotten at least five more yards? Are you telling me that Washington, who is one of the faster linebackers we have couldnt have been in better position to make a tackle and who knows, he might have made the tackle. I am not saying this is a certain thing, but why waste God given talent? If they dont actually hit in practice you dont know how they will respond in a game. I say put them in, and if they perform poorly at least they will gain the knowledge and get the speed down to keep growing. I cant stand to see Erickson in there when he has the least talent out of any receiver we have had on the team in a long time. Everyone knows that 99% of the time hes in there its going to be a run. Ive heard that Holt is a very good blocker, why cant he take over for Erickson? You cant tell me that he isnt ten times more talented.

Great article written up by Sam MeKewon today about those players. WHY is Thenarse not seeing the field except special teams? He is a playmaker that deserves a shot!!! Do Phillip Dillard and LaTravis Washington tackle the sameway Ruud and MeKeon do, which is the worst I've seen out of Husker LB's in a long long time! Thenarse, Dillard, Washington, Octavian, Brandenburgh, this guys are LB's with speed and an attitude. Again, I know we don't see the practices and are not around the players 7 days a week but you can't tell me that Ruud and MeKeon are better. If so, then the Huskers really are in trouble. There, I feel a little better and I'll get off the soapbox. :madash

Yes, but don't forget we have to keep the Seniors in there so they can get stats to carry to the NFL with them! :sarcasm

I think we all saw what happened in 2004 when you throw a player into a game unprepared.....

Thenarse, Dillard, Lance and Castille are not unprepared, they ALL have GAME time experience. On another note, here's a little lesson for all of the Solich lovers out there who don't like the "He didn't recruit talent, look at who's starting" quotes we've been talking about since BC showed: 2 worst playing LB's on the field at all times McKeon and Ruud, both Solich recruits. Sorry to open another can of worms, but I had to say it.

LOL, yeah look how outstanding our D front 4 are now that the Solich recruite are GONE! If BC's LB recruits are so outstanding, then why are they riding the pine? It's year 4 boys. The Solich recruiting argumen is getting pretty "long toothed".

Maybe it's just me, but I kind of wonder about our recruiting now. Before the game, they showed the list of recruits and their rivals stars. The 2 WR's I believe were 4 stars. All the DB's were 3 stars. Maybe we're concentrating our recruiting to just one side of the ball? Maybe we're putting too many eggs in one basket? Maybe our recruiting is concentrating too much on offense and not enough on defense? It just struck me as odd as the BC offensive players had the stars while the defensive players were the 3 stars.