Sick..

yes they may have lost saturday but most damn sure wouldnt have given up 8.2 yards per carry and then sat around and watched it continue instead of trying something different to stop it. Cally is our coach and im fine with that

Our offense is good enough to compete every year. our defense isnt even close. Change the man

It is true that alot of team would have lost, even at home. But to have your defense look like a bunch of highshool kids that had no idea what to do or even have the fundamentals of playing football? That was just dam embarrasing. A lot of teams would have lost but NONE have given up 8.2 yrds a carry. And USC had almost 100 yrds on the first two carries! EMBARASSING! WOW if that isn't enough to get you to think WTH then nothing will.

It is true that alot of team would have lost, even at home. But to have your defense look like a bunch of highshool kids that had no idea what to do or even have the fundamentals of playing football? That was just dam embarrasing. A lot of teams would have lost but NONE have given up 8.2 yrds a carry. And USC had almost 100 yrds on the first two carries! EMBARASSING! WOW if that isn't enough to get you to think WTH then nothing will.

Unfortunately USC offense makes alot of teams defenses look like highschool defenses...just ask Arkansas.

It is not a surprise that our defense is the weak link...that was known preseason, Cosgrove is not going anywhere.....PERIOD. Him and Cally go way back and Cally just got his extension....there is no pressure on him to let Cosgrove go........

I think Callahan is doing a pretty good job with the offense. I still think there are some small problems with the running game, but it's nothing that can't be rectified. I support Cally, I think he's doing a good job bringing talent here, and as soon as we get a good D-coordinator, I think we'll be back to being a consistent top-10 or 15 team.

I think giving up 8.2 yd/carry and watching the fans leave by the thousands at the end of the 3rd on National TV is enough to get Stevie P's ire up.

Oh, and by the way, getting an extension doesn't mean you can't get fired. It just means you gotta find a big time booster to pony up the money for a contract buy out.

Again look at the line play.........our d -line was dominated straight out Sarkisian saw this and exploited it to the fullest.......put eight in the box fine........that worked great against the NU teams in the 90'S. Carroll, Sarkisian know how potent the rushing attack is it would not have made a difference, did Cosgrove call a Stellar game probably not.........is he gonna get fired for it.....HELL NO!!!! If he does good luck finding a quality replacement " hey if you don't do well against the number one team in the country you're outta here"

all this talk about fire Coach Cosgrove just makes us look bad it does not help the team.

Unfortunately USC offense makes alot of teams defenses look like highschool defenses...just ask Arkansas.

It is not a surprise that our defense is the weak link...that was known preseason, Cosgrove is not going anywhere.....PERIOD. Him and Cally go way back and Cally just got his extension....there is no pressure on him to let Cosgrove go........

Don't bet on that... how long had Frank been with a lot of the assists he had to let go? Trust me if things continue the way they are Steve will put plenty of pressure on Callahan to let him go.

of all this crap about Callahan. He is our coach. Like it or not, thats the fact. Huskerboard is becoming unbearable to read nowadays. Quite frankly, im sick of it, and we should all just realize that there are 117 other D1A coaches that would have lost to Pete Carrol on Saturday too....

BEAT BALL ST! :bonez

Great attitude. Everyone else would lose so who cares if we embarrass ourselves. And Clownahan is our coach so we might as well just be quiet and enjoy being mediocre. That should get our program to the status of Texas Tech pretty soon.....oh wait, we are already there.

I think giving up 8.2 yd/carry and watching the fans leave by the thousands at the end of the 3rd on National TV is enough to get Stevie P's ire up.

Oh, and by the way, getting an extension doesn't mean you can't get fired. It just means you gotta find a big time booster to pony up the money for a contract buy out.

Again look at the line play.........our d -line was dominated straight out Sarkisian saw this and exploited it to the fullest.......put eight in the box fine........that worked great against the NU teams in the 90'S. Carroll, Sarkisian know how potent the rushing attack is it would not have made a difference, did Cosgrove call a Stellar game probably not.........is he gonna get fired for it.....HELL NO!!!! If he does good luck finding a quality replacement " hey if you don't do well against the number one team in the country you're outta here"

all this talk about fire Coach Cosgrove just makes us look bad it does not help the team.

In this post I was not suggesting firing anyone. I'm just saying that I'm sure Saturday night Steve P was not happy - having MEMORIAL STADIUM - KNOWN FOR ITS SELLOUTS - half empty in the 4th quarter is an embarassment (not to mention what was happening on the field).

Also, everyone acts as if BC cannot get fired because he got an extension. This is not true. It is not likely that he would get fired, and I wouldn't want to see him fired, it is just not a true statement. He can get fired, for a multitude of reasons that are probably stated within his contract, and for no reason at all if NU wants to buy his contract out. That is all I was saying.

of all this crap about Callahan. He is our coach. Like it or not, thats the fact. Huskerboard is becoming unbearable to read nowadays. Quite frankly, im sick of it, and we should all just realize that there are 117 other D1A coaches that would have lost to Pete Carrol on Saturday too....

BEAT BALL ST! :bonez

I read where last Saturday's game ranked 3rd in the worst beatdowns of the Huskers at home. This alone should raise some eyebrows. Combine this with the fact that we were the 14th ranked team in the nation. It's not like we were some scrub team. I don't agree with your assessment that 117 other D1A coaches would have lost either. I'm in the camp that thinks LSU and OU could beat USC especially if they were playing on their home turf.

This is Nebraska. It's not Iowa State or Baylor or some school like that. We don't expect to get manhandled especially at home the way we did. We don't expect 3 RB's from another team to average double digit gains per carry. We're in year 4 and our LB's are still lost. We're in year 4 and our OL is still subpar as they got handled by Wake. I see trends, and I'm not comfortable with them. BC made his living for several years as an OL coach. I really thought this is where we'd shine. In year 4, our OL is still subpar. I'm really disappointed with the LB's. We have probably the best corp. since BC's been here, but they continually make the same mistakes and just look lost out there.

BC's play calling has always come under close scrutiny. In the first quarter, I thought we were calling and playing a great game. Keller and the receivers were on the same page. It was the best I've seen the QB and receivers play since BC's been here. Then, we decide to establish the run and it seemed like everything started to jam. We lost the rythm.

I think we can all agree that Suh is a specimen. I was puzzled as to how he was handled by a freshman center starting for the first time in his career. I don't necessarily know if we're just not motivated or what the problem is. If anything else, the game really let the air out of the balloon. I'm just not sure if we're any closer to the top tier teams than we have been in the past few years. I believe our offense can play some ball especially if we stay with the short passing attack. Our running game is not very good, but I think that goes back to the OL. The fear I have going through this season is the fact that our defense could lose any game for us. They just aren't playing well at all. In two of the three games played thus far, the run D has been horrible at best. How successful can we be in the Big 12 if we can't stop the run? Our run D in two consecutive games has looked worse than it did in 01 against CU.

In this post I was not suggesting firing anyone. I'm just saying that I'm sure Saturday night Steve P was not happy - having MEMORIAL STADIUM - KNOWN FOR ITS SELLOUTS - half empty in the 4th quarter is an embarassment (not to mention what was happening on the field).

Also, everyone acts as if BC cannot get fired because he got an extension. This is not true. It is not likely that he would get fired, and I wouldn't want to see him fired, it is just not a true statement. He can get fired, for a multitude of reasons that are probably stated within his contract, and for no reason at all if NU wants to buy his contract out. That is all I was saying.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no chance of BC getting fired. I don't think NU has the money or the desire to buy out his contract of 1.75 million a year and then go out and have to pay a similar if not higher sum of money to get a new coach. IMO, it's just not going to happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no chance of BC getting fired. I don't think NU has the money or the desire to buy out his contract of 1.75 million a year and then go out and have to pay a similar if not higher sum of money to get a new coach. IMO, it's just not going to happen.

Unfortunately you are right, he has another 2 years before they would consider removing him barring any terrible season. He is doing just enough to stay on board but I think they need to consider Cos gone. And all the talk about BC not firing Cos because they are buddies is crazy. That means BC really is a moron to keep on Cos just because they are friends and he doesn't see reality.

And to compare Bobby Bowden who won titles and was there for 30 years and it was his son not his buddy and they were still a top 20 team before that. Apples to oranges again

:yeah

It's a very safe limb there. Harvery Pearlman, Steve Pedeson and Bill Callahan are all connected at the hip and unless Bill finds a better offer and leaves on his own there not a chance of him leaving Nebraska by being fired while the other two are still here.