OU Game

Super Bo has only gotten him in position for four sacks this year. You honestly think that Super Bo will put him in postion to more than double his season sack total in one game. Plus Super Bo is only Co-Defensive Coordinator, all the calls must be okayed from Brent Venables.

He was being facetious, thus the :wacko::)

I would say that defensively we need to blitz the day lights out of them. Bring six or seven guys every play and just put our secondary on an island and tell them that if they think they are men, they need to act like it and prove it. Oklahoma runs to the strong side of the formation 75% of the time so I would say that we need to bring our linebacker on that side and slant our d-line that direction too.

Offensively, we need to run the football. Tell our offensive line that they need to prove that they are men and not boys. We need to throw everyone of our backs at them and see if they can stop us. As far as passing the football, we need to make the throw that are there and have the recievers make some big plays.

We also need to do the little things that win football games. Win the turnover battle, hidden yardage in the kicking game, and penalities. We might also want to throw a couple of trick plays at them as well. Fake punts, fake field goals, half back pass. But if we do run a few trick plays, we need to make sure that if we don't convert them, that they don't turn into a huge momentum turner for OU.

These are just a few things that I have seen that will work against OU. I haven't watched all of their games but I have seen quite a few.

It's so scary to rely on blitzing. You can stop them one down for 5 yard loss and then next play give up 50 yards.

I want to think we can still one and catch them off guard, ya know coming off a big game down in college station, but they have done this all ready this year. Hey, I still got hope though. This could be our game. Our Dan Cody will get five sacks and well get thumped.

Blitzing was the way that K-State and LSU beat them last year. I am not saying that we need to blitz every down. But we need to put as much pressure on White as possible while still containing Peterson and Jones.

Yes they do need to blitz, Jason White is a statue in the pocket. His numerous knee problems have cut his mobility. If the Huskers can get some pressure on him then that will make his day much more difficult, but it is all going to come down to the secondary playing man coverage which has been a problem. Hey Benard, I will bet you $20 that Cody has closer to 0 sacks than 5. I take 0,1 and 2, you take 3 and up. Are you in?

i predict Cody to have 5 sacks for OU!!!

I predict you'll be sporting OU gear for the game.

why? He's a great player. And our oline hasn't faced noone like him.

I have no doubt in my mind that Nebraska is going to get absolutly rolled like a joint this week. Cody willl have 7 sacks. Dailey will throw 5 INT's and we will limp out of Norman getting blasted by 50....

We are a 29 point underdog. When the hell was the last time that happened. There is no pregame buzz for the game. No one cares. OU will take of buisness and simply brush us off like the we weren't ever there.

If I was Callahan I'd get that great book of coaching excuses out now.

Maybe I'm all wet, but I don't see a high scoring game here. Nebraska probably won't even score, but I don't see OU scoring more than 30 points either. The first quarter, Stoops will simply have the freshman run it down our throats. If that doesn't work, he'll have last year's Heisman winner throw some short easy passes. By the time the fourth quarter, our defense will be totally exhausted. The freshman will have a big day, probably 30+ carries and well over 200 yards rushing.

If the game were in Lincoln, I'd give us a better chance. For some reason, we just play better in Lincoln like we did against Mizzou. However, we have been horrible on the road. The crowd is going to be loud and fired up for this one. I don't think there is any way OU will put 50 up on us. Stoops likes having Heisman winners on his teams. He's trying to win the freshman one this year. He'll just run it and run it and run it down our throats exposing our D-line and Linebackers backing of Bo's previous remarks about NU's D!

All that we need to do is blitz White with a baseball bat BEFORE the game

Funny. That would probably make him "skittish" in the pocket, as Butch Davis would say. Junior, I think you are right about OU's game plan. It's just a matter if NU can stop it at all and if the Huskers can score some points. We'll find out saturday night.

All that we need to do is blitz White with a baseball bat BEFORE the game

Funny. That would probably make him "skittish" in the pocket, as Butch Davis would say. Junior, I think you are right about OU's game plan. It's just a matter if NU can stop it at all and if the Huskers can score some points. We'll find out saturday night.

It would also make him skittish in his pants