What constitutes a "successful" season for the remiainder of the year?

Beat Texas, Win the Big 12 and/or bowl game. I dont think it is inconceivable for us to win the rest of our games. I think our offense is going to put up big time numbers, we may get in some track meets but i think we have the offense to win track meets.

I'm going to agree with you completely. When I look at the rest of our schedule it looks conceivable, especially with Texas having obvious problems on both sides of the ball. I fully expect us to play in the Big 12 Championship and although OU has looked very good they still haven't played anybody (Miami hasn't been very good lately), so winning the Big 12 seems possible at this point. GO BIG RED

Reality Check!!!!

Texas and Oklahoma have very close to the talent that SC has. Maybe not the coaching but very similar personel and just as deep.

Quit reading our own press. Play the games the best we can. Show up for every single one and support our team no matter the outcome.

Wins over Missouri, Kansas and Colorado should happen. Win the North. Demanded

Play Texas as well as we played them last year and hopefully pull out a win. Not demanded

Play Oklahoma better than last year. Keep it close and possibly pull off a major upset. We will not be ranked anywhere close to them for this game even if we should slip by Texas. We might climb back to 14th if everything goes our way. Wining the Biog 12 is not on my demand list.

The season will be successful if we make the Big 12 Game. Still too many holes in the depth department to expect to play with and beat the top programs.

Play a BCS bowl if we get by Oklahoma. Depends on who it is as to whether I would demand a win or not.

A lot of things can change by Bowl season. WE play every game to the best of our ability we mayjust see some top level teams and be able to play with them.

Injuries to Keller would end all chances of winning the Big 12. Octavian could be damned near as important. We can not afford another major injury on the Oline either.

Success if they play as hard as they can every single game. Just like they did against SC. Learn ot understand what we are and what we are not at this time.

Looking back and knowing I supported my team no matter the outcome. Win or lose.

I say at least 10 - 4, but would prefer 11 - 3, Big 12 North Champion, competitive in the remainder of our games, and USC just rolls everyone like they rolled us.

To me success means beating everyone that you should beat. Any team should win against teams with lesser talent (does not always happen, but should). Now, every team left on the schedule has lesser overall talent than does NU save for, of course, Texas. Really, there is no reason that NU should lose to anyone left on the schedule other than Texas. Some might disagree, but we have more overall talent than does Mizzou, Ok St., Texas A&M (though that might be close), K State or any of the others.

So, NU should only lose one game from here on out. No more. Anything more (more losses) is under-achievement. That said, NU has been under-achieving for quite some time now.

Thus, success is a two loss regular season (Texas and USC).