listen to Callahan's post game comments

This defense had one good game against Nevada and has been drastically declining week by week. I honestly thought it couldn't get worse from USC game I was wrong. They were uninspired and worst of all they seem to be passing the bug onto the offense at times. It is sickening to watch your team hit rock bottom. They should have lost today. Bo Rudd did have a tremendous game-saving pick but otherwise looked lethargic and down right pathetic. Do the right thing and resign Coz.

Somebody go out to Arizona and BEG Charlie McBride to come back and fire this defense up one last time! And while he's here, have him put on the headsets and coach the defense just a few more games. BC needs to buy COZ a one way plane ticket back to Wisconsin to coach high school football. To give up 606 yards in Memorial Stadium, demands a resignation or a firing.

Somebody go out to Arizona and BEG Charlie McBride to come back and fire this defense up one last time! And while he's here, have him put on the headsets and coach the defense just a few more games. BC needs to buy COZ a one way plane ticket back to Wisconsin to coach high school football. To give up 606 yards in Memorial Stadium, demands a resignation or a firing.

I have been thinking more.....606 yards against Ball St. That is so absolutely unacceptable. Kick him in the balls on the way out.

Octo just had some angry comments at getting booed by the fans. Something to the effect of, the fans aren't playing, we're the guys making the mistakes and we're the guys who have to fix it. And it's hard to blame him for making those comments after the heat of the game and getting booed by the fans, but it didn't endear him to many people.

This cracks me up. Like anyone should expect anything different from Callahan in a press conference.

I've watched enough post game and pre game press conferences with him in them. I haven't watched the Ball St. ones yet, but he didn't seem to pleased in his short post game interview on the PPV broadcast.

The guy just isn't going to blow up or disparage his staff in a press conference and I'm surprised people aren't used to it. I'd be surprised if he every pulls a Denny Green.

Does it mean he's not concerned? No. Not IMO. You'd have to literally be deaf and blind to not be. It means he doesn't need to give rabid Husker fans and college football fans any more ammo than they already have.

This cracks me up. Like anyone should expect anything different from Callahan in a press conference.

I've watched enough post game and pre game press conferences with him in them. I haven't watched the Ball St. ones yet, but he didn't seem to pleased in his short post game interview on the PPV broadcast.

The guy just isn't going to blow up or disparage his staff in a press conference and I'm surprised people aren't used to it. I'd be surprised if he every pulls a Denny Green.

Does it mean he's not concerned? No. Not IMO. You'd have to literally be deaf and blind to not be. It means he doesn't need to give rabid Husker fans and college football fans any more ammo than they already have.

Isn't the point that he doesn't show any emotion, yet needs to? He really hasn't ever said anything or had the attitude in a pre or post game show that would lead anyone to believe he thinks Nebraska should be winning more than just 8-9 football games a year.

Isn't the point that he doesn't show any emotion, yet needs to? He really hasn't ever said anything or had the attitude in a pre or post game show that would lead anyone to believe he thinks Nebraska should be winning more than just 8-9 football games a year.

He needs to show some emotion when it counts. It doesn't count on a public pedestal, IMO. It counts in the locker room and on the practice field. Places where we can't see.

He needs to show some emotion when it counts. It doesn't count on a public pedestal, IMO. It counts in the locker room and on the practice field. Places where we can't see.

Exactly. Here's to hoping he went up to Cosgrove after everyone left and just peckerslapped him.

Octo just had some angry comments at getting booed by the fans. Something to the effect of, the fans aren't playing, we're the guys making the mistakes and we're the guys who have to fix it. And it's hard to blame him for making those comments after the heat of the game and getting booed by the fans, but it didn't endear him to many people.

I can understand him being upset about it... but it's because he didn't understand why we were booing. We weren't booing the players we were booing the defense in general, especially the coaches. I think once he has a bit to reflect he'll see that it is OKAY for Nebraska fans to be extremely upset by giving up 606 yards to Ball State. I'd still like an exact quote of what he said.

And another sign that the players have no faith in the coaching staff (i don't blame them).

I can understand him being upset about it... but it's because he didn't understand why we were booing. We weren't booing the players we were booing the defense in general, especially the coaches. I think once he has a bit to reflect he'll see that it is OKAY for Nebraska fans to be extremely upset by giving up 606 yards to Ball State. I'd still like an exact quote of what he said.

And another sign that the players have no faith in the coaching staff (i don't blame them).

That's not good if it's true. If he's losing the team this could get really ugly.

I don't understand where you get that from the contents of this thread? I think that the players don't separate themselves from the coaches as much as us fans like to separate them. At least ideally.

It's ok to be upset about the defensive showing against Ball State. It is NOT ok to boo your team. That's something a Michigan fan would do. If that's your game, go watch Big 11 football, you'll have plenty to boo about.