Booing

Washusker

You know, I've thought about it, and I don't think it's proper to boo these kids. I know I've BOOOOOOOOed on this board, but I personally don't think it's appropriate for Memorial Stadium.

I'm all for booing professional teams. If I pay for a ticket, I've got some right to voice my displeasure when the team plays poorly.

But these kids are student athletes. Most are competing for the love of the game, nothing more. Most won't be wearing a football helmet in four years.

I think the proper vocal emotion is NO vocal emotion. Just go silent. And write plenty of letters to newspapers voicing displeasure with Cosgrove - nothing wrong with that. And bug the crap out of Pederson and the Ath. Dept.

But leave the players alone. If you can't yell something nice, don't yell anything at all.

It's a funny thing about booing and how short everyone's memory is. I remember in 1995. It was the first home game. Halfway through the third quarter, a young man by the name of Brook Berringer (anyone remember him or ever hear of him?) trots onto the field. The crowd goes wild with booing because the heralded Frazier was being replaced. 8 short months later, that same young man is killed in an airplane wreck. Husker fans were falling all over themselves sending sympathy cards and such to the family.

And you guys want to bitch and moan about a little booing last Saturday? Wow!

Not sure how you could take my post to be "bitching and moaning," but ok...

It's a funny thing about booing and how short everyone's memory is. I remember in 1995. It was the first home game. Halfway through the third quarter, a young man by the name of Brook Berringer (anyone remember him or ever hear of him?) trots onto the field. The crowd goes wild with booing because the heralded Frazier was being replaced. 8 short months later, that same young man is killed in an airplane wreck. Husker fans were falling all over themselves sending sympathy cards and such to the family.

And you guys want to bitch and moan about a little booing last Saturday? Wow!

I don't recall Brook ever getting booed. Are you sure about that?

EDIT: Total BS, that would've been the ASU game. I was there and nobody booed BB.

Because not writing articles on particle acceleration merits booing, surely.

What are you talking about, anyway? I think particle acceleration is a tad too basic for what you're trying to go for. Particle acceleration is simple high school physics and refers to the change in velocity of a particle moving through a medium. So honestly, who'd write a new article on something that's been covered a billion times in the most elementary physics textbooks?

And it only takes a journalist to write an article on particle accelerators. But what's your point? It'd be pretty exceptional for an undergrad to get first author on a scientific paper anyway...

if you wanted to get technical ;)

I don't think I was too basic, I just think irony escapes you

If you want to boo do it. If not dont.

Damn how hard is that???

I have read the phrase"If I pay for the ticket , I have the right to boo"

You damned right you do.

Just because it is your right, doesnt make it appropriate.

Some of the players may not be playing to their potential. But what does booing THE ENTIRE TEAM do to the players that are busting their ass ???????

sh#t I know it would motivate me .

you just said if you pay big bucks for a ticket, you reserve the right to boo... well gues what? We all pay big bucks to go to the games, especially the donors!! So we can boo all we want! Its our money that keeps the program going... and keeps the sell out record alive. I am tired of watching half azz efforts by kids who want the prestige of being a Husker, but not having a clue what it means to be a blackshirt! If they want to be in the lime light, then they better get thick skin because they put themselves in a position to get booed if they play like sheyit! Play like a pro, and we will cheer... play like a bozo and deal with the consequence!

you just said if you pay big bucks for a ticket, you reserve the right to boo... well gues what? We all pay big bucks to go to the games, especially the donors!! So we can boo all we want! Its our money that keeps the program going... and keeps the sell out record alive. I am tired of watching half azz efforts by kids who want the prestige of being a Husker, but not having a clue what it means to be a blackshirt! If they want to be in the lime light, then they better get thick skin because they put themselves in a position to get booed if they play like sheyit! Play like a pro, and we will cheer... play like a bozo and deal with the consequence!

You insist that the kids on the field need to get a thicker skin if people boo them which you imply is a right you received when you paid your big buck donation. Yet, you react churlishly and you don't display much of a thick skin yourself when resort to ad hominum attacks against those who don't think booing players is appropriate.

Sad.