TT DC steps down

Ok, so I know this isn't husker related, but it could be. Place it where ever you like.

Link

DC walks day after team allows 49 points

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Texas Tech defensive coordinator Lyle Setencich stepped down Sunday, citing personal reasons in a move that came a day after the Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma State 49-45.

Coach Mike Leach named assistant head coach Ruffin McNeill as the interim defensive coordinator. Setencich, who was in his fifth year as coordinator, will be assigned other duties by athletic director Gerald Myers.

"We appreciate Lyle and the work he did for our program," Leach said. "We wish him and his family the best."

McNeill will coach the linebackers. Charlie Sadler, defensive ends coach, will handle the defensive line, and duties for defensive tackles and special teams will be split among the staff.

McNeill was defensive coordinator at Appalachian State and UNLV. He coached the linebackers at Tech for three seasons from 2000-2002.

Leach said after Saturday's game that his defense needed to "work on having a burning desire to be tougher than the guy across from them."

Oklahoma State had three rushers surpass 100 yards for the first time in school history as the Cowboys gained 366 yards on the ground. They also passed for 244 yards. Tech had 718 yards of total offense in the loss.

Ok, so I know this isn't husker related, but it could be. Place it where ever you like.

Link

DC walks day after team allows 49 points

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) - Texas Tech defensive coordinator Lyle Setencich stepped down Sunday, citing personal reasons in a move that came a day after the Red Raiders lost to Oklahoma State 49-45.

Coach Mike Leach named assistant head coach Ruffin McNeill as the interim defensive coordinator. Setencich, who was in his fifth year as coordinator, will be assigned other duties by athletic director Gerald Myers.

"We appreciate Lyle and the work he did for our program," Leach said. "We wish him and his family the best."

McNeill will coach the linebackers. Charlie Sadler, defensive ends coach, will handle the defensive line, and duties for defensive tackles and special teams will be split among the staff.

McNeill was defensive coordinator at Appalachian State and UNLV. He coached the linebackers at Tech for three seasons from 2000-2002.

Leach said after Saturday's game that his defense needed to "work on having a burning desire to be tougher than the guy across from them."

Oklahoma State had three rushers surpass 100 yards for the first time in school history as the Cowboys gained 366 yards on the ground. They also passed for 244 yards. Tech had 718 yards of total offense in the loss.

We certainly dont want him. I will say this though. I have never seen players put themselves at risk of serious injury like I saw TT players put themselves into during the 2005 last minute loss. Those guys just flew across the field. My buddy , who is not a Husker fan , couldnt believe how aggressive they were. I was taken aback as well.

Only difference is that Leach does or did not have a personal friendship with his DC that we know of.

BC and Coz and good friends from way back and it is widely known and unless he is pushed by Peterson, I do not believe Coz will be let go or even step down.

This is why most of us don’t work with our friends or make personal friendships in the work place because of issues just like this.