Can the rest of the staff pull the Defense around?

Secondary has to be taught better at closing down those angles that give up an additional 10,20,30 yards. Definately need some footwork & speed drills. Linebackers need a ton of hitting & wrapup drills using both arms. And coaches need to get rid of the whistle and run these guys to the ground hitting over and over and over. Rest up on friday. Its football man. If you get hurt, sorry but tough it up already. Quit being a bunch of wussies. It's football man. Get that gang tackling drill going. And quit being owned by a damn blocker. Earn your blackshirt or get out, and get somebody else in until someone proves they earn it by doing it over and over and over. Is that too demanding, too difficult? So what. I need 25 of the toughest dudes to step up and prove it to me minute after minute, day after day. Then prove it to yourself.

Of course, that would be my MO. But I'm not a coach. Heck, I didnt even sleep in a Holiday Inn. :thumbs

Peace-OUT!

Oh...I'm not sure on that aspect. My uneducated guess would be Coz is still the DC by title alone with the understanding he will probably be gone at the end of the season. Callahan may also be trying to get Coz a job in the NFL so Coz can "move on to bigger and better things".

Ah, well if that is the case it will get leaked and confirmed soon, cally can dodge it if he wants but if the media asks the right questions he will pretty much have to confirm it (in not so many words) or blatantly lie.

I'm sure this rumor will either go away or be as good as confirmed in the next few days.

Oh...I'm not sure on that aspect. My uneducated guess would be Coz is still the DC by title alone with the understanding he will probably be gone at the end of the season. Callahan may also be trying to get Coz a job in the NFL so Coz can "move on to bigger and better things".

Ah, well if that is the case it will get leaked and confirmed soon, cally can dodge it if he wants but if the media asks the right questions he will pretty much have to confirm it (in not so many words) or blatantly lie.

I'm sure this rumor will either go away or be as good as confirmed in the next few days.

naw, the regime are masters of deception and coach speak.

I don't think that it's impossible to get this defense turned around. Remember last year when Okie State destroyed us after we were up by 17 points? everyone was "fire Cosgrove" then, as well. Afterwards, our defense toughened up the rest of the year. HOWEVER, last year's defense was better than this year's. At least we were able to apply pressure on the opposing quarterbacks with some consistency. This year, they are getting pushed around. So, I would say that is POSSIBLE, BUT UNLIKELY to get this defense turned-around. I'm actually hoping that the reports are true....because I think that taking away the DC responsibilities from Coz CAN ONLY HELP the team.