A post from another board -- regarding the "boos"

I guess with all the "to boo or not to boo" banter going around...this might help. Actually, this will likely make things even more heated.

Personally, I wouldn't boo...especially my own team, that is certainly not to say I wasn't rather upset. I just bottle up my rage and carry it around with me. Then, at a later date, I arbitrarily explode with rage on an innocent person. Actually, I just sneak some bourbon into the games. Either way.

so many upset posters. Here goes with a dictionary definition:

Fan -noun - an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.:

1) By the very fact you read and/or post on this board, you are most likely a fan of the huskers.

2) You can cheer or not cheer. You can boo or not boo. Being a fan does not promote or deny either.

3) If you are displeased with the huskers - players, coaches, or SP - and only express it here on the board and not at a game, are you better than the guy who lets out a boo when he sees a 10 yd wide hole in our defense?

4) Are we dangerously close to creating a politically correct environment surrounding the huskers - both at games and even on the board?

Agreement and disagreement are equally necessary. Preventing or intimidating free expression is the action of cowards and dictators.

that is a ridiculous statment

it's not about the fans. complaining on a forum is like complaining to your buddy next to you on the couch while watching the game on the TV. Booing out loud so that the team you are supposed to be SUPPORTING hears you...does nothing to increase their confidence/spirit. You don't think they feel sh**ty for leaving that 10 yard gap? They're the ones who have to see the RB run by them. You don't think they dread going back to the sideline because they're going to yelled at by the coach?

the fact of the matter is, booing loud enough so the coaches and players can hear it is NOT constructive. Especially during the Ball State game where I saw the booing actually excite the other fans and players!! Why the hell are we trying to get them all fired up?!?!?! And it wasn't just one player booing...this was a whole stadium that booed. It really gave me chills to hear that from where I sat.

Quit booing!

I was at the game too and felt that the booing was not very cool! However, things were not going to well so I can understand the disappointment! I also know that there were a lot of fans that weren't booing. In fact, hearing the boos made me cheer even louder in support of the team. I think that we need to support the team to the best of our ability! I myself will NEVER boo...but that is just me!