leadership

melscott62

reading the post about the former blackshirts got me thinking about this... I think a large majority of the problem is not scheming as much as it is leadership. both coaches AND players. can you immagine what christian peter would have done to the other ten players last satuday? If I was on that defense and I played that bad and had to face peter.......... I think I would have gone to the other side line. he would have killed those guys. I really think he would have got physical with them. I know boman tried to make a statement, but he needed to enforce it. to me the problem is the real leader(mckeon) does not have his head in, and that is trandlating to the D. until someone(thats you too COS)steps up and grabs the guys on D by the sack and starts to yank them around.... forces there will upon them..... we are going to see more pathetic football.

it's not up to THEM to motivate these slugs, they HAVE TO DO IT THEMSELVES!

i think therein lies the problem, everyone is standing around waiting for someone or something to lead or make a change. that's the problem, in that they have had so much done for them already, they just expect help all the time and kind, understanding, ego stroking words of encouragement.

of course this is the same technique they can expect when and if any of them make it to the NFL! <_<

it's not up to THEM to motivate these slugs, they HAVE TO DO IT THEMSELVES!

i think therein lies the problem, everyone is standing around waiting for someone or something to lead or make a change. that's the problem, in that they have had so much done for them already, they just expect help all the time and kind, understanding, ego stroking words of encouragement.

of course this is the same technique they can expect when and if any of them make it to the NFL! <_<

thats my point. they cant have some freaking special speaker come in before every game..... and even if they could this is something that cant just be turned on and off. it needs to happen everyday in practice too. like I said the coaches need to create a practice environment that that is conducive to aggressive physical play, and then someone on the d needs to step up and take control. we need someone that will knock people on there butt if they wont play the right way(octavian and bowman would be a good start)

You know what, I think some of the outspoken fans here on the board should visit the locker room and give those pinkshirts a good verbal smackdown. We have some outstanding vocal leaders right here on this board! For sure, they'll lay a fire under those soft-hitting losers who have come to represent our team!

Now, where's that "insert sarcasm here" icon?!

You know what, I think some of the outspoken fans here on the board should visit the locker room and give those pinkshirts a good verbal smackdown. We have some outstanding vocal leaders right here on this board! For sure, they'll lay a fire under those soft-hitting losers who have come to represent our team!

good point :clap

nothin,g really needs to change anyway........our D is FINE. and team leaders always sound like mckeon does...

but seriously..... dont take my word for it.... look at the other thread and see what people like peter, thomas,

and minter said. and they COULD go in and do it... except its not their place, and it wouldn't do any good.

if someone on the inside doesnt start kicking there butts...... the big 12 will.

Verbal smackdown? Well hell... if they havent learned anything from watching tapes of their performances the past 15-20 games, maybe we should have some cake and schedule in some piano lessons on Thursday.

Unless Wednesday is better. In a touchy feely kind of way.