What would our record be if.....

HuskerT

Most of my friends are ND fans and of course I've been giving them a whole lot of grief this season about being 0-4 and soon to be 0-8, but after seeing how bad our defense has been this year they've started cracking back on me saying that the Huskers record wouldn't be any better. I have to admit that I've been wondering about it myself, so I'd like to get your thoughts on what you think our record would be if we had Notre Dame's schedule.

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH

Sept. 8 at Penn State

Sept. 15 at Michigan

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 29 at Purdue

Oct. 6 at UCLA

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE

Oct. 20 USC (this one's obvious!)

Nov. 3 NAVY

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE

Nov. 17 DUKE

Nov. 24 at Stanford

2-2 at best. we'd get state for sure. MU would have been interesting. thing thing you have to remember is that the wide spread panic we are going through right now would have happened a while ago with this schedule. I think some of the changes that are hopefully going to be made would have already have happened....if that makes any sense...

2-2 at best. we'd get state for sure. MU would have been interesting. thing thing you have to remember is that the wide spread panic we are going through right now would have happened a while ago with this schedule. I think some of the changes that are hopefully going to be made would have already have happened....if that makes any sense...

I know exactly what you're saying and I agree. What I'm afraid of is that with the big12 being so mediocre (with the exception of OU) the defense may appear like it's playing better which may cause people to think that Cantcoach I mean Cosgrove's D is improving.

Most of my friends are ND fans and of course I've been giving them a whole lot of grief this season about being 0-4 and soon to be 0-8, but after seeing how bad our defense has been this year they've started cracking back on me saying that the Huskers record wouldn't be any better. I have to admit that I've been wondering about it myself, so I'd like to get your thoughts on what you think our record would be if we had Notre Dame's schedule.

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH

Sept. 8 at Penn State

Sept. 15 at Michigan

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 29 at Purdue

Oct. 6 at UCLA

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE

Nov. 3 NAVY

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE

Nov. 17 DUKE

Nov. 24 at Stanford

Very realistically we would also be 0-4. Maybe 1-3. That is a brutal schedule. Very few teams, save a top 10 team, would be better than 2-2 in those first 4 games. In fact their first 8 games are insane --- once more, only a true top 10 caliber team can survive that 8 game run with 3 or fewer losses. The last three will be nice for ND --- if they are not too demoralized from the first 8 games!

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH

Sept. 8 at Penn State

Sept. 15 at Michigan

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 29 at Purdue

Oct. 6 at UCLA

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE

Nov. 3 NAVY

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE

Nov. 17 DUKE

Nov. 24 at Stanford

Hey fellas'!! This just in...the Big 11 sux this year. I say we are 3-1 with that schedule...with a close loss to Tech...

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH

Sept. 8 at Penn State

Sept. 15 at Michigan

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 29 at Purdue

Oct. 6 at UCLA

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE

Nov. 3 NAVY

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE

Nov. 17 DUKE

Nov. 24 at Stanford

Hey fellas'!! This just in...the Big 11 sux this year. I say we are 3-1 with that schedule...with a close loss to Tech...

so does ball state...

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH

Sept. 8 at Penn State

Sept. 15 at Michigan

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE

Sept. 29 at Purdue

Oct. 6 at UCLA

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE

Nov. 3 NAVY

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE

Nov. 17 DUKE

Nov. 24 at Stanford

Agree, I think we could hold our own with the big10 teams.

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH Close L

Sept. 8 at Penn State Close W

Sept. 15 at Michigan Blowout W

Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE Close W

Sept. 29 at Purdue Close L

Oct. 6 at UCLA Close L

Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE Blowout L

Oct. 20 USC (this one's obvious!) Close W!!

Nov. 3 NAVY Decent W

Nov. 10 AIR FORCE Blowout W

Nov. 17 DUKE Blowout W

Nov. 24 at Stanford Blowout W

I still have faith for the USC game . . . :P but that puts us at 8-4. Decent, considering how hard a schedule that is. Of course, three of the games in our five-game winning streak to end the season were against doormat opponents . . . but we're Notre Dame, so we still go to the Sugar Bowl. :)