Can't wait to say "I told you so"

Even if they flat smash ISU it won't assuage my fears one bit. ISU's offense has had a lot of trouble this season putting the ball in the end zone. They are nothing compared to Mizzery who is already in a mindset to grind us into the dirt. If our D can come out and play a stellar game and Mizzou, I'd maybe––just maybe––start believing that they have a demon's chance in hell of pulling themselves back into Blackshirt territory. But yeah, it'll take a lot more than a home game against ISU going our way to prove that. If they play with a lot of fire this weekend, throw the bones, get into it, play like monsters, it'll be worth something, but Mizzery is the real test.

X

I sincerely hope the Defense has a break-out performance against ISU not so folks can go "I told you so" but so the defense can get a little boost in their confidence. They need a decisive victory even if it is against a struggling ISU. It'll give them some good momentum to feed off of going into the game against Mizzou. I don't think the fans want to disparage the players. I think we all agree we want them to succeed. But we also don't want them playing sub-par when we know they're capable of more.

Even if they flat smash ISU it won't assuage my fears one bit. ISU's offense has had a lot of trouble this season putting the ball in the end zone. They are nothing compared to Mizzery who is already in a mindset to grind us into the dirt. If our D can come out and play a stellar game and Mizzou, I'd maybe––just maybe––start believing that they have a demon's chance in hell of pulling themselves back into Blackshirt territory. But yeah, it'll take a lot more than a home game against ISU going our way to prove that. If they play with a lot of fire this weekend, throw the bones, get into it, play like monsters, it'll be worth something, but Mizzery is the real test.

X

Yeah, I don't know if a solid defeat of Iowa State will sausage my fears, either. Iowa State is probably worse than Nevada.

X

I agree.....but I want to hear the blackshirts burning up the feild this saturday. Iowa State's only win was completed by 5 freakin Feild Goals and NO TD's!!!!

One thing I've noticed since the staff changes about our defense. Every yr at the front of the season you would see a lot of mistakes. Missed assignments, poor tackling, ect... ect. As the season wore on the shirts would improve.

Heres to hoping this trend continues this year. :cheers

We are going to face some offenses in the near future that can move the ball fairly well (trying to not sound like T.O.). :dunno

The blackshirts are gonna be :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez Saturday like no ones business. I just wish I could see the fire on the field. Instead I have to depend on Rose's commentary.

Huskers Roll up the Cyclones 48-0!

I hope you are right. We need to have a game like this although it won't remove concerns it will help with confidence b/c if we struggle the confidence is gone for the rest of the year. This is our easiest opponent left.

If we struggle you better be on here saying: "I WAS WRONG"

Pfft. I am an unapologetic supporter of the Huskers.

That's not an apology, I was just saying if you want to say "I told you so" then you have to be willing to say "I was wrong"

My guess is you were just making a point and so was I. I don't expect/want you to say that b/c I want you to be wrong only b/c the score will be 70-0...LOL