ISU game...tough to determine much

I think are defense still stinks. This was Iowa State. They had us down 10-0. And they continued to drive on us... we couldn't really stop them without those turnovers... bah. 3 and out. What ever happened to those?

:yeah

I know that people want to spin positives about this game. But ISU really stopped THEMSELVES with the turnovers. I never have bought into a "bend and not break defense" - it just means that the field becomes shorter as you drive down the field...helping the defense out. It's easy to see improvement after Ball STate and USC....but the Blackshirts are FAR from regaining the stagger that they once held.

On the contrary, I think they clearly have the stagger.

:lol::rollin:rollin:lol:

I can't believe Callahan is bragging about the special teams.

Special Teams did well today if you take away the offsides and the roughing the punter. We got some real good returns by Grixby today and a couple of really good punts.

My question is why doesn't Mo Purify play more than he does? The guy should be in almost every play as either the go to guy that he is or atleast a decoy!

Special Teams did well today if you take away the offsides and the roughing the punter. We got some real good returns by Grixby today and a couple of really good punts.

My question is why doesn't Mo Purify play more than he does? The guy should be in almost every play as either the go to guy that he is or atleast a decoy!

Ok, that's like saying you take away the points and yardage the defense had a pretty nice day.

Ok, that's like saying you take away the points and yardage the defense had a pretty nice day.

No it isn't. It's more like saying (after the USC game) convert those missed/broken tackles into actual tackles and we would have done pretty well. As much as I don't like Coz, people were in position to make some good stops but didn't work enough on the "small" things like, ohhhhh, tackling to make the game plan effective. Take away the offside (a minor, though situationally crucial mistake) and the roughing call (which I think should have been running into-- anyone else who was there agree with me?) and special teams had a monster day (actual execution at full speed). On special teams, those are *easy* fixes and not problems with special teams in a systemic way.

No it isn't. It's more like saying (after the USC game) convert those missed/broken tackles into actual tackles and we would have done pretty well. As much as I don't like Coz, people were in position to make some good stops but didn't work enough on the "small" things like, ohhhhh, tackling to make the game plan effective. Take away the offside (a minor, though situationally crucial mistake) and the roughing call (which I think should have been running into-- anyone else who was there agree with me?) and special teams had a monster day (actual execution at full speed). On special teams, those are *easy* fixes and not problems with special teams in a systemic way.

Don't forget the Fake punt that the defense wasnt even lined up right and looked confused and got lucky the guy decided to run out of bounds, when he could have got the first. Then the late hit penalty after he did run out.

Don't forget the Fake punt that the defense wasnt even lined up right and looked confused and got lucky the guy decided to run out of bounds, when he could have got the first. Then the late hit penalty after he did run out.

Yeah, that was a good break and a good counter-example on your part. From where i was, I thought he did get the first. I'd like to see that play again... so did he step out, keep running, and then get hit on the other side of the 1st down marker? Is that how it went down? There was a strange series of calls that seemed like they stopped the game for 20 minutes. :)

Football: 15x5=200