Signature win

Missouri will be top 20 after this week

would that be a signature win? If Texas loses to K-State that game will lose its luster.

NO.

And the idea "nobody sleeps on nebraska" is also a joke

Is it?

Looks like both OU and Texas were looking to the Red River shoot out and didn't focus on the game at hand.

I do agree that Hawk and Prince have gotten the signature wins Cally hasn't. Not sure what I think about it.....oh wait, I think we should fire him. That would fix it.

Missouri will be top 20 after this week

would that be a signature win? If Texas loses to K-State that game will lose its luster.

NO.

And the idea "nobody sleeps on nebraska" is also a joke

Is it?

Looks like both OU and Texas were looking to the Red River shoot out and didn't focus on the game at hand.

I do agree that Hawk and Prince have gotten the signature wins Cally hasn't. Not sure what I think about it.....oh wait, I think we should fire him. That would fix it.

What I mean is that isn't a reason for us not to get a signature win. I know teams look ahead!!!!!

We should still have a big win by now regardless if we are a big name or not.

I agree...I'd rather go 10-2 with no signature win then 7-5 with a signature win

what about 8-4 and 9-5 with no signature wins?

While it wasn't THE signature win, 30-3 over Colorado and the come-from-behind Alamo Bowl win over Michigan were great wins in their own right. If we lose either of those two games, or worse, both of those games, then we don't go into 2006 with nearly as much confidence. And we probably lose bunch of recruits, as well.

I think people forget what a 'signature' win does.

A 'signature' win is like what Miami did to us in '83 to catapult themselves onto the national scene. But with that, you have to be able to maintain that as well.

Does Appy State's win over Michigan count as a 'signature' win, even though they lost to Wofford just a few weeks later?

It's fine if you can upset the big boys, but if it doesn't do anything to move your program forward, then it basically means nothing.

I think people forget what a 'signature' win does.

A 'signature' win is like what Miami did to us in '83 to catapult themselves onto the national scene. But with that, you have to be able to maintain that as well.

Does Appy State's win over Michigan count as a 'signature' win, even though they lost to Wofford just a few weeks later?

It's fine if you can upset the big boys, but if it doesn't do anything to move your program forward, then it basically means nothing.

True....and we still don't have one.