"Rosie"

JTempl

twodollarpopgun.jpg

dr.kellerposter.jpg

Two of Mr. Rose's gems today. He said another one about Grixby, but I forget what it was.

I move to have a special part of the forum, in the other section of course, for great Rose quotes.

He had a great one today about someone........ "With all the importance of Paul Revere's Horse". I think today was a great day for Jim Rose, honestly.

I have to be honest, I hate Rose. If it's between going outside and doing something during the game or listening to him, I go outside just like I did today. He doesn't even give an accurate depiction of the play. I can't stand the 1 yard countdowns on a 4 yard play. I'm sure we've never had runs where they run 10 yards down field and then run 8 yards back the other way and then turn around yet again and run 5 yards the other way before turning around and finally getting tackled for a 3 yard gain. It's just so hard to follow him. I'd rather catch the score flash across the bottom of the screen on ESPN than have to listen to him.

Yeah, sometimes his playcalls are confusing and it's like, "WHAT'S HAPPENED, OH NO" or like "And Brett Meyer scampers to the 40 where he gets hit, but then a last ditch effort and he leans to the 45, and finally goes down at the 49 yard line."

But that's more of my frustration with seeing opposing players do well than anything.

Honestly, I'm just not that picky when it comes to radio guys, and maybe because I've grown accustomed to Rose, but I like him. I like his enthusiasm and I like his turn of phrase. He's really entertaining to listen to, much more than the bored guys who do the TV play-by-play.

Rose works hard for his money, he pours out his heart and energy into each game.

I respect him for that.

True...but he just comes across as a total tool for the man.And it's so completely contrived and premeditated. His heart is in the right place, but he's painful to listen to.

Rose works hard for his money, he pours out his heart and energy into each game.

I respect him for that.

True...but he just comes across as a total tool for the man.And it's so completely contrived and premeditated. His heart is in the right place, but he's painful to listen to.

at least you get to listen to the game

last year when I was in Iraq, the Info Managment at my base blocked streaming audio, so you couldnt even listen to it on the computer

said it was not mission essential......they even blocked HuskerBoard for the same reason