Prediction

You can't seriously mean this. You can't. It's not possible for you to say this. Maybe they are struggling but they are not below us. If you want to go out on a limb and say we are equals I will not faint, but they ARE NOT below us. That doesn't mean we can't beat them but in order for you to have any credibility you need to clarify that statement.

And if you would have read on, you would have seen that I DID clarify. We are better than Texas right now because we know what problems we have and are working on them. Texas, up until this weekend, had beens struggling but hasn't their weaknesses exposed yet.

:rolleyes:

I can not believe that people are already jumping on the Colorado bandwagon. Certain evens went Colorado's way last Saturday. That's it. End of story.

Remember, this team (CU) is not much different than last year's. The only major difference, to me, is Cody Hawkins -- and I don't think he is even that good. Look at his stats.

I still only TRULY fear the same games I did before the season: USC, Wake Forest, Missouri, Kansas.

Sure, we could lose to the other remaining teams I did not list (and probably will at least one), but we will also likely win one of the two remaining teams I did list.

Prediction?? We lose to Missouri and go undefeated for the remainder of the regular season.

There is really no way, at this point, to make an attempt to judge Missouri, Kansas or even Kansas State...take away KSU's huge special teams plays...it's a different story.

For me, nothing has changed. No team has really shown me anything...and that includes the Huskers. I have no idea how to rate our current team. But I know we are better than the vast majority of teams remaining on our schedule.

:bang

You can't seriously mean this. You can't. It's not possible for you to say this. Maybe they are struggling but they are not below us. If you want to go out on a limb and say we are equals I will not faint, but they ARE NOT below us. That doesn't mean we can't beat them but in order for you to have any credibility you need to clarify that statement.

And if you would have read on, you would have seen that I DID clarify. We are better than Texas right now because we know what problems we have and are working on them. Texas, up until this weekend, had beens struggling but hasn't their weaknesses exposed yet.

Beyond weak. We are not better than Texas just because we know our O-Line can't run block and our defense sucks. Just because we know that doesn't make us better.

Beyond weak. We are not better than Texas just because we know our O-Line can't run block and our defense sucks. Just because we know that doesn't make us better.

But you can know the opposite.

Because you're so smart.

I totally understand now.

I can not believe that people are already jumping on the Colorado bandwagon. Certain evens went Colorado's way last Saturday. That's it. End of story.

Remember, this team (CU) is not much different than last year's. The only major difference, to me, is Cody Hawkins -- and I don't think he is even that good. Look at his stats.

I still only TRULY fear the same games I did before the season: USC, Wake Forest, Missouri, Kansas.

Sure, we could lose to the other remaining teams I did not list (and probably will at least one), but we will also likely win one of the two remaining teams I did list.

Prediction?? We lose to Missouri and go undefeated for the remainder of the regular season.

There is really no way, at this point, to make an attempt to judge Missouri, Kansas or even Kansas State...take away KSU's huge special teams plays...it's a different story.

For me, nothing has changed. No team has really shown me anything...and that includes the Huskers. I have no idea how to rate our current team. But I know we are better than the vast majority of teams remaining on our schedule.

:bang

Grateful:

I agree that the Huskers are better than the vast majority of their remaining opponents --- if by this you mean amount of talent and athleticism --- NU is better than all of them except for Texas. However, the team plays at a level wildly below their talent level. NU is an epic underachiever --- poor mental preparation, bad fundamentals (poor technique), modest conditioning/strength, second rate X's and o's especially on defense, and is a team with confidence problems. So, even though NU has superior talent relative to almost all of the remaining opponents, I think they go either 2 - 5 or 3 - 4 the rest of the way out. The real key game is Missouri --- if MU hammers NU, by three or more TD's then expect NU to roll over and fold up the tent for this season. If NU plays well and it is close then they will be OK. If NU wins, well then a 3 -4 or even 4-3 record is possible. But.... I am hard pressed to see NU beat MU --- not the way they have been playing.

Because you're so smart.

Texas has more talent, a better coach, more team speed, more athleticism they are bigger at almost every position....that is why they are a better team than NU. They are playing waaay below their talent level and we might be, might be, close to playing at the same level but they are a better team, without question. can we beat them YES, are we better than them HELL NO!

"Texas has more talent, a better coach, more team speed, more athleticism they are bigger at almost every position....that is why they are a better team than NU. They are playing waaay below their talent level and we might be, might be, close to playing at the same level but they are a better team, without question. can we beat them YES, are we better than them HELL NO!"- I bleed Red

OK. Let me get this straight. We are playing below our talent level, ergo we must fire our coach. Texas is playing "waaay" below their talent level and they have a better coach? If they have more talent, and playing very poorly(not to mention numerous arrests, indictments and yes, even convictions) why is Mack Brown so much better? He's had a lot of talent for a lot of years. How many Big12 Championships does he have? He won his first 2 years ago. 9 years- one conference championship and one National Championship. Have you ever heard of Vince Young? I hear tale that he was pretty good :clap . Gene Chizik? I know that you are a current or former coach or something that makes you feel superior, so I know you've heard of him. He's not there anymore. Duane Aquina spent some time in AZ I believe. How would you, as an all knowing coach, rate his player development regarding position and tackling fundamentals? From my know nothing perspective, he's a least as bad as Cosgrove. One more thing, Texas has ZERO player leadership. I think they feel entitled to win every game. They do not have any heart. Colt McCoy was not in good shape in the 2nd half. Possible concussion, major one. He was puking on the sidelines, violently. Now, their true freshman back up is pretty good, can't throw very well(sorry Limas), but is strong and fast. Bigger and faster are advantages if you want them to be, these guys expect them to be, and do not hustle. We'll see. I think we can win out. We can also lose up to 3 more. It's too soon to predict accurately.

Is KSU that good, or is Texas just that bad?

Honestly, TexAss is just that bad.

Between the UCF and the TCU debacle (the same TCU that lost to Air Force and the same UCF that hasn't really done anything of importance) there were signs. Add to that the miserable performance TexAss had against 6-6 Iowa in their bowl game last year (which is why I said Nebraska had the best bowl game out of the Big XII, save for maybe TexAss Tech, despite their win), and bottom line...TexAss misses Chizick and will continue to do so for some time.

I just wonder what the over/under is on how long it will take for that whole house of cards to tumble down in Austin. I'd say three years before the Tobacco Road Con-Man is run out on a rail. :madash

Because you're so smart.

Texas has more talent, a better coach, more team speed, more athleticism they are bigger at almost every position....that is why they are a better team than NU. They are playing waaay below their talent level and we might be, might be, close to playing at the same level but they are a better team, without question. can we beat them YES, are we better than them HELL NO!

If you actually think TexAss has a better coach than Nebraska, you need to check yourself into a mental hospital ASAP. <_<

And I'd take our defense over their defense any day of the week, save for the defensive line. If you would have actually watched any of their games, you would see their kids are lethargic and lost on the defensive side of the ball. Their talent isn't any different than ours is--they just have a head coach that's been faking it for some time and was exposed to the world after Chizick left before the Iowa bowl game.

Because you're so smart.

:blink:

"Texas has more talent, a better coach, more team speed, more athleticism they are bigger at almost every position....that is why they are a better team than NU. They are playing waaay below their talent level and we might be, might be, close to playing at the same level but they are a better team, without question. can we beat them YES, are we better than them HELL NO!"- I bleed Red

OK. Let me get this straight. We are playing below our talent level, ergo we must fire our coach. Texas is playing "waaay" below their talent level and they have a better coach? If they have more talent, and playing very poorly(not to mention numerous arrests, indictments and yes, even convictions) why is Mack Brown so much better? He's had a lot of talent for a lot of years. How many Big12 Championships does he have? He won his first 2 years ago. 9 years- one conference championship and one National Championship. Have you ever heard of Vince Young? I hear tale that he was pretty good :clap . Gene Chizik? I know that you are a current or former coach or something that makes you feel superior, so I know you've heard of him. He's not there anymore. Duane Aquina spent some time in AZ I believe. How would you, as an all knowing coach, rate his player development regarding position and tackling fundamentals? From my know nothing perspective, he's a least as bad as Cosgrove. One more thing, Texas has ZERO player leadership. I think they feel entitled to win every game. They do not have any heart. Colt McCoy was not in good shape in the 2nd half. Possible concussion, major one. He was puking on the sidelines, violently. Now, their true freshman back up is pretty good, can't throw very well(sorry Limas), but is strong and fast. Bigger and faster are advantages if you want them to be, these guys expect them to be, and do not hustle. We'll see. I think we can win out. We can also lose up to 3 more. It's too soon to predict accurately.

They had a winning % of 56% before Mack Brown got their, he has NEVER won less than 9 games and never lost more than 4. He is a good coach and yes he is MUCH better than Callahan. I don't think Mack Brown is a great coach but he is better than ours. I don't think our should be fired for underachieving I think our should be let go (and he will be in a few years) because he is a mediocre coach and he is not the right coach for NU. And trust me if Mack Brown had Cally's record he would be fired. Their defense is much better than ours and they give up less than 4 yds per rush and they held their 2 toughest opponents to 251 and 277 yds on offense.

Texas has no leadership and they are a mess right now. They have the talent to pull it together but I don't know if they will. He develops talent very well, and you can look at his NFL drafts to answer your own question. You guys are honestly drinking too much Kool Aid if you think we are a better team than TX. We can beat them if they keep this up and we improve but we are not more talented and we don't have a better coach. Also, if you look at my desire for NU football it's to win 10+ games a year and be in a BCS game every couple of years and a NC chase every 5 years, similar to OU and TX like we were promised by PUD......remember?

Lastly, I don't claim to have all the knowledge and I have only brought up my resume when people challenge what experience I have to make my accusations. I have also repeatedly stated that anyone and everyone's opinions are equal as long as they are factually based and original.

They had a winning % of 56% before Mack Brown got their, he has NEVER won less than 9 games and never lost more than 4. He is a good coach and yes he is MUCH better than Callahan. I don't think Mack Brown is a great coach but he is better than ours. I don't think our should be fired for underachieving I think our should be let go (and he will be in a few years) because he is a mediocre coach and he is not the right coach for NU. And trust me if Mack Brown had Cally's record he would be fired. Their defense is much better than ours and they give up less than 4 yds per rush and they held their 2 toughest opponents to 251 and 277 yds on offense.

Texas has no leadership and they are a mess right now. They have the talent to pull it together but I don't know if they will. He develops talent very well, and you can look at his NFL drafts to answer your own question. You guys are honestly drinking too much Kool Aid if you think we are a better team than TX. We can beat them if they keep this up and we improve but we are not more talented and we don't have a better coach. Also, if you look at my desire for NU football it's to win 10+ games a year and be in a BCS game every couple of years and a NC chase every 5 years, similar to OU and TX like we were promised by PUD......remember?

Lastly, I don't claim to have all the knowledge and I have only brought up my resume when people challenge what experience I have to make my accusations. I have also repeatedly stated that anyone and everyone's opinions are equal as long as they are factually based and original.

Interesting debate. Which coaching staff is worse!

Texas, at the moment, is severely under-achieving and has consistently under-achieved over the years. But Texas has so much talent (second probably only to USC --- and then only of late --- if averaged over the past 9 seasons then Texas arguably has had the most talent) that even when under-achieving they will have a fine record. Should they likely have had more success? Yes. I'd say that Brown is a modest coach, average so to speak --- but in the right place at the right time; great recruiting base, some historically good assistant coaches, some insane talent available.

Is Brown a better coach than Callahan? No one can defend their choice in any dogmatic manner, but.... I would say that yes Mack Brown, while an average coach, at best, is still quite a bit ahead of Callahan. NU also has talent --- nowhere near that for Texas --- and yes NU also severely under-achieves (probably as much, or more so below the NU talent level than does Texas play below theirs). The difference is that Mack Brown still wins 83% of his games or so (but should win 90%) whereas Callahan wins 60-65% of his games (about that when this season ends) and should be winning 80% (or slightly better). Of course, the going gets tougher as you win more because that places you in championship games and big bowls and the competition gets better --- so it is tougher on Texas.