Purify may be out for the MU game

Purify was unsure on Monday of his status for the Missouri game. And as Husker coach Bill Callahan rightly said Tuesday: "That's not the important thing.It's really not. The important thing is that he feels good about himself. And when he's ready, I think he'll make that decision. We'll work with him with that."

The coaches I think will do a very good job of taking care of Purify. These types of massive mental devastations can have a great effect on someone emotionally and his mental health is in crisis mode right now.

I strongly believe Cally is good and understanding this right now and although I think he is soft on the field, it will translate well in this situation.

Purify's health is priority one for Mo.

Purify was unsure on Monday of his status for the Missouri game. And as Husker coach Bill Callahan rightly said Tuesday: "That's not the important thing.It's really not. The important thing is that he feels good about himself. And when he's ready, I think he'll make that decision. We'll work with him with that."

Mo Purify has not commented on his status for this weekend..... might be best to wait until Mo says he's "unsure".

I've lost a few friends. Just recently and in the past when I played. I don't know if I could get ready mentally for the game. When game time comes and if I was on the sideline, there would be nothing better than to get in there and play my heart out. It can be very theraputic. It worked for me years ago. I hope the same is true for Mo. If he can't go then that is fully understood by me. I hope he finds what he needs to accept this and be ok with where he is and just life in general. Good luck Mo!

GBR

He'll be there.

It can be better to be with people doing what you like doing rather than sitting alone thinking on how bad the situation is.

should be interesting to see how he reacts if he plays. I have seen players totally fold, and I have seen players be utterly dominant. in both cases you could tell the person wasnt really there mentally.

Hopefully he pulls a Brett Favre and uses this tragedy to have a breakout game in memory of those he lost.

Great comparison! I remember watching that game shortly after his father died and it was insane! Mo needs to do what's right for him and I'm sure if he is at the game he will play his heart out. :thumbs