Seems most of the Husker Nation

If the defense shows up, I say we win. People are upset about this season because there seemed to be a lot of pre-season hype about what this team could do, then when the defense and running game struggled, we found out that we weren't that good. This combined with the fact that other North opponents seem to be making progress quicker than us. I know a lot of fans didn't expect us to be in year 4 of the new regime and still struggling to even win our own division, let alone a B12 championship and BCS bowl game.

:yeah

Couldn't agree more especially after Prince beat Texass again and Hawkins beat who we all thought was unbeatable in the Big 12 OU! A lot of the top programs who have had letdowns and replaced coaches are doing things a lot faster than NU.

It seems most of the people I speak to believe we will lose Saturday night. Most hope like I do that we win but nobody is putting their heart into this team as we have done in past years.

I think it is sad the we have gotten to the point that people are just plain apathetic about NE football.

I fell great about NE volleyball and up coming basketball season but it feels like the football season is over.

I am fine with Cally, it is Coz that I wish would go after this year. However because they are such good friends, I doubt Bill is going to pull the trigger and fire his best friend.

look, unless the defense makes steady improvement the rest of the year, people will hate Coz and be unhappy with Cally for keeping him, if he does keep him. another year of the same lame defensive effort, with Coz at the wheel (if it happens in 2008) will cost Cally his job. Again, i don't think he is THAT stupid.

Relax, if the defense is pitiful for the rest of the year, Coz is as good as gone. If there is steady improvement he can earn his keep.

If the defense shows up, I say we win. People are upset about this season because there seemed to be a lot of pre-season hype about what this team could do, then when the defense and running game struggled, we found out that we weren't that good. This combined with the fact that other North opponents seem to be making progress quicker than us. I know a lot of fans didn't expect us to be in year 4 of the new regime and still struggling to even win our own division, let alone a B12 championship and BCS bowl game.

Couldn't agree more especially after Prince beat Texass again and Hawkins beat who we all thought was unbeatable in the Big 12 OU! A lot of the top programs who have had letdowns and replaced coaches are doing things a lot faster than NU.

I see what your saying about beating ranked opponents, but Colorado and Kansas St. haven't made it to the Big 12 Champ game yet w/ their new coaches and probably won't do it anytime soon.

I see what your saying about beating ranked opponents, but Colorado and Kansas St. haven't made it to the Big 12 Champ game yet w/ their new coaches and probably won't do it anytime soon.

KState won like 4 games the year before Prince took over. In his first year, they had a winning season and went to a bowl game. This is a 180 from NU that went 10-3 and finished #17 the year before BC took over who led NU to it's first losing season in decades and made no bowl game. I wouldn't write off KState as not making the Big 12 championship game this year. As of right now, I'd say they have just as good of shot at making it as NU does.

CU was devastated and had a lot of talent leave as Barnett was getting reprimanded and eventually fired. IMO, CU was in a world of hurt as a program. Hawkins has a good recruiting class coming in, and he got a huge signature win. IMO, they're still a ways off from making huge things happen again in Boulder. Not only does Hawkins have to somewhat totally rebuild a team that Barnett and Nudeheisel destroyed, he has the task of trying to improve CU's image as well.

Btw, NU didn't make it to the Big 12 Championship game either in BC's second year. Hawkins and Prince have next year to equal BC's accomplishement of making the title game in the Big 12. Maybe BC should try to equal one of their accomplishments (beat a top 10 team)!

I totally agree. If somehow we could replace Coz, Pud and Cally we would be back in biz!!!...hear come the protesters.

Although, NU football is in such great shape I can understand why people are afraid of losing Cally, because our program will be in a tailspin.

:sarcasm

Again, I am not saying he deserves to be fired, but if we want to be a top team and have 10+ wins down the road he will not lead us there.

do you think we could fire cally after this year and still be able to get a legit replacement?

I totally agree. If somehow we could replace Coz, Pud and Cally we would be back in biz!!!...hear come the protesters.

Although, NU football is in such great shape I can understand why people are afraid of losing Cally, because our program will be in a tailspin.

Again, I am not saying he deserves to be fired, but if we want to be a top team and have 10+ wins down the road he will not lead us there.

O ye of little faith

do you think we could fire cally after this year and still be able to get a legit replacement?

It depends, if he goes 8-5 after the bowl game or worse (please don't let this happen) then yes we can get a legit replacement easily. That means zero progress in 3 years and we would have taken a step back by not winning the north.

If we have 9 wins and/or win the north then firing him will make a few prospects say no thanks because it would be very tough and very unlikely to fire a coach who did that. But either way we would have better picks then wen Cally was hired. All of those prospects were total jokes.

It seems most of the people I speak to believe we will lose Saturday night. Most hope like I do that we win but nobody is putting their heart into this team as we have done in past years.

I think it is sad the we have gotten to the point that people are just plain apathetic about NE football.

I fell great about NE volleyball and up coming basketball season but it feels like the football season is over.

I am fine with Cally, it is Coz that I wish would go after this year. However because they are such good friends, I doubt Bill is going to pull the trigger and fire his best friend.

This sounds similar to Gary Pinkel and all the complaints Dave Christensen got as the OC when Brad Smith was there. A lot of people wanted to see him get fired, but Pinkel wouldn't budge. This was when Mizzou was running the 4 play offense:

1) TE bubble screen (and we didn't have Rucker or Coffman)

2) QB option choice run from the gun

3) sh**ty pass play where no one gets open and Brad Smith runs for his life

4) HB run left, tackled for a loss.

I'm not saying that Coz shouldn't get fired (I'd get fired from my job if I had done what he did), but it can get better.

It depends, if he goes 8-5 after the bowl game or worse (please don't let this happen) then yes we can get a legit replacement easily. That means zero progress in 3 years and we would have taken a step back by not winning the north.

If we have 9 wins and/or win the north then firing him will make a few prospects say no thanks because it would be very tough and very unlikely to fire a coach who did that. But either way we would have better picks then wen Cally was hired. All of those prospects were total jokes.

I just dont think we will be able to find anyone. I think people dont realize that NU is not that great of a situation.

I just dont think we will be able to find anyone. I think people dont realize that NU is not that great of a situation.

Says who? There are a lot of coaches who would covet that job and are better than Cally. Have you talked to coaches or understand why NU isn't winning? Do you think Norman is a better place to go to school?

Says who? There are a lot of coaches who would covet that job and are better than Cally. Have you talked to coaches or understand why NU isn't winning? Do you think Norman is a better place to go to school?

between the weather, the small population, not being in a recruiting hot bed, and rabid fan base, and lack of patience with the coaches(assuming that cally is fired) I could see it scaring off many a large % of coaches.

Negativity abounds. Loss is on the horizon. Don't even play the game.

Could never win 10 games. Can't win the big game. What a bunch of $hit.

Go away, please just go away. If you want to be down and drag everyone around you down, go some place where people actually want to listen to your Krap.

This truly is getting pathetic. This is a Husker Board, not the end of the World Board.

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. You ever hear that? Try it, it would do wonders for your outlook.

Woe is me, poor me, I told you so. So much bull for a team that is 4-1 and a loss to the number one team in the country.

Christ get a life.

What makes you the end all? People can express what ever they like this is America Hilary is not in office yet!

The season is never over until the last game ends. Maybe those fans feel a little dissappointed that we are not looking like a National Championship contender, and that's why they feel like it's over. Other than I dont get it.

You forgot to add in Big 12 title contender or even Big 12 North division contenders other then that we can hope for winning season. :hmmph