Seems most of the Husker Nation

I totally agree. If somehow we could replace Coz, Pud and Cally we would be back in biz!!!...hear come the protesters.

Although, NU football is in such great shape I can understand why people are afraid of losing Cally, because our program will be in a tailspin.

:sarcasm

Again, I am not saying he deserves to be fired, but if we want to be a top team and have 10+ wins down the road he will not lead us there.

do you think we could fire cally after this year and still be able to get a legit replacement?

It depends, if he goes 8-5 after the bowl game or worse (please don't let this happen) then yes we can get a legit replacement easily. That means zero progress in 3 years and we would have taken a step back by not winning the north.

If we have 9 wins and/or win the north then firing him will make a few prospects say no thanks because it would be very tough and very unlikely to fire a coach who did that. But either way we would have better picks then wen Cally was hired. All of those prospects were total jokes.

I just dont think we will be able to find anyone. I think people dont realize that NU is not that great of a situation.

Says who? There are a lot of coaches who would covet that job and are better than Cally. Have you talked to coaches or understand why NU isn't winning? Do you think Norman is a better place to go to school?

between the weather, the small population, not being in a recruiting hot bed, and rabid fan base, and lack of patience with the coaches(assuming that cally is fired) I could see it scaring off many a large % of coaches.

Oh, like Penn St or Norman, or Eugene OR, or Boise, or Tuscaloosa or Manhattan KS (when they were good and had a good coach)...you mean like those great weather, high population hot beds?????

The season is never over until the last game ends. Maybe those fans feel a little dissappointed that we are not looking like a National Championship contender, and that's why they feel like it's over. Other than I dont get it.

You forgot to add in Big 12 title contender or even Big 12 North division contenders other then that we can hope for winning season. :hmmph

Hope is what we have and I hope we do well! The problem is I have not seen much that makes us a contender for anything!

I totally agree. If somehow we could replace Coz, Pud and Cally we would be back in biz!!!...hear come the protesters.

Although, NU football is in such great shape I can understand why people are afraid of losing Cally, because our program will be in a tailspin.

Again, I am not saying he deserves to be fired, but if we want to be a top team and have 10+ wins down the road he will not lead us there.

do you think we could fire cally after this year and still be able to get a legit replacement?

It depends, if he goes 8-5 after the bowl game or worse (please don't let this happen) then yes we can get a legit replacement easily. That means zero progress in 3 years and we would have taken a step back by not winning the north.

If we have 9 wins and/or win the north then firing him will make a few prospects say no thanks because it would be very tough and very unlikely to fire a coach who did that. But either way we would have better picks then wen Cally was hired. All of those prospects were total jokes.

I just dont think we will be able to find anyone. I think people dont realize that NU is not that great of a situation.

Says who? There are a lot of coaches who would covet that job and are better than Cally. Have you talked to coaches or understand why NU isn't winning? Do you think Norman is a better place to go to school?

between the weather, the small population, not being in a recruiting hot bed, and rabid fan base, and lack of patience with the coaches(assuming that cally is fired) I could see it scaring off many a large % of coaches.

Oh, like Penn St or Norman, or Eugene OR, or Boise, or Tuscaloosa or Manhattan KS (when they were good and had a good coach)...you mean like those great weather, high population hot beds?????

its not like great coaches are busting down the door to go to some of those schools either.... the others are clearly better situations.

its not like great coaches are busting down the door to go to some of those schools either.... the others are clearly better situations.

Well they seem to have good coaches now don't they and a lot of talent...so what is your point?? We can be good here and a good coach will be willing to come here. I am not asking for Les Miles or Bob stoops....oh yeah they weren't superstars until they got to those gigs huh????? Saban was only a head coach at a small school and then Mich St. before LSU. Les was at OSU and Stoops was just a coordinator. They are all great coaches. I want a guy on the rise, not an established coach like Spurrier or Erickson and young studs would be willing to come here. Belloti, head coach at Chico St and then a coordinator, Tedford a coordinator, Rodriguez was a coordinator.

And BTW winning at Cal is harder then winning at NU. Their academics are amazing and getting qualified to attend school there is very hard and they are behind USC, UCLA, Arizona St and Oregon in recruiting just in their conference.

Well they seem to have good coaches now don't they and a lot of talent...so what is your point?? We can be good here and a good coach will be willing to come here. I am not asking for Les Miles or Bob stoops....oh yeah they weren't superstars until they got to those gigs huh????? Saban was only a head coach at a small school and then Mich St. before LSU. Les was at OSU and Stoops was just a coordinator. They are all great coaches. I want a guy on the rise, not an established coach like Spurrier or Erickson and young studs would be willing to come here. Belloti, head coach at Chico St and then a coordinator, Tedford a coordinator, Rodriguez was a coordinator.

And BTW winning at Cal is harder then winning at NU. Their academics are amazing and getting qualified to attend school there is very hard and they are behind USC, UCLA, Arizona St and Oregon in recruiting just in their conference.

sometimes those guys work out..... sometimes they dont. you make it woudnt like it would be so easy to find a great coach and that people would be fighting each other for the job. more than likely we would have to take a gamble on a guy with little to no HC experience. sometimes they work out, sometimes they dont. and if they do whats to say they wont jump ship, and then we are in the same situation. its not nearly as easy as you make it out to be

sometimes those guys work out..... sometimes they dont. you make it woudnt like it would be so easy to find a great coach and that people would be fighting each other for the job. more than likely we would have to take a gamble on a guy with little to no HC experience. sometimes they work out, sometimes they dont. and if they do whats to say they wont jump ship, and then we are in the same situation. its not nearly as easy as you make it out to be

I don't think it will be easy and it usually takes a school 2-3 guys before they get it right. This is our second guy and he was a proven gamble that is flopping.

Anyway, I think we CAN beat Mizzou and until proven otherwise I am on the we will win band wagon from right now!!

I am all in..

a lot of teams have to go through some guys, look at ND over the past few years. Davies and Willingham were flops too, but then again who wouldn't want to be the ND coach?

well, that isn't the only place to coach and you think expectations are high here? no, i don't think we would have trouble finding a new coach in 2-3 years, but the same dumb ass AD will still be here picking the new coach! therein lies the problem. Pud and Pearlman are firmly implanted and are great butt-buddies, they aren't going anywhere, anytime soon! :hellloooo

and what pisses me off the most is Pud fired Solich (that part didn't bother me) without a plan for a replacement. begged Nutt and bagged Cally from the unemployment line. only time will tell, but this desperate experiment may just blow up and Pud will have to eat out of that sh#t sack by himself if it does.

If not he can be an unlikely hero.