callahan cant coach

Callahan is a great recruiting tool, that I will give him....But he is not a coach, he has been out coached many times this year, I dont want to hear any of this BS we need better athleates because that is a load of crap this is the same team as last year and this year we are strugleing to make it to the magical 6th win to be bowl elegable.

Honestly with how Callahan has managed in the span of less than a year to take Nebraska from a winning program to the whipping boy of the big 12, im not sure that I would want to see Nebraska in a bowl game to be destroid on National tv....

He just doesnt have what it takes to be a head coach, he might have been good as a cordinator, someone who tells the head coach what they are doing then the head coach desides what to do.... Callahan is a joke, as is Cosgrove....

Cosgrove has a good D to work with and he is making them look like a 3a D, I dont see how anyone can argue that Pelini wasnt a good coach, he might not have been the best but come on Cosgrove?

I will be very impressed to see Nebraska win one more game this year, its not that they dont have the talent to win its they dont have the coaching to win, this is a first for me Nebraska has always had good coaching, devany, osborne, solich... now we have a retard who looks lost and apparently doesnt watch the game.... :steam:steam:steam

Callahan is a great recruiting tool, that I will give him....But he is not a coach, he has been out coached many times this year, I dont want to hear any of this BS we need better athleates because that is a load of crap this is the same team as last year and this year we are strugleing to make it to the magical 6th win to be bowl elegable.

Honestly with how Callahan has managed in the span of less than a year to take Nebraska from a winning program to the whipping boy of the big 12, im not sure that I would want to see Nebraska in a bowl game to be destroid on National tv....

He just doesnt have what it takes to be a head coach, he might have been good as a cordinator, someone who tells the head coach what they are doing then the head coach desides what to do.... Callahan is a joke, as is Cosgrove....

Cosgrove has a good D to work with and he is making them look like a 3a D, I dont see how anyone can argue that Pelini wasnt a good coach, he might not have been the best but come on Cosgrove?

I will be very impressed to see Nebraska win one more game this year, its not that they dont have the talent to win its they dont have the coaching to win, this is a first for me Nebraska has always had good coaching, devany, osborne, solich... now we have a retard who looks lost and apparently doesnt watch the game.... :steam:steam:steam

You've got to be kidding me. Did you seriously expect a 10-1 season with a trip to the Big XII Championship? With a new coach, a new system, and players that don't fit into the system, my expectations weren't that high. All I can say is that you're one of many spoiled Nebraska fans who aren't used to this.

I bet you were one of those people who asked for Solich's head on a platter after the 7-7 season but sang his praises through last season. The words "fair weather" come to mind.

I will be very impressed to see Nebraska win one more game this year, its not that they dont have the talent to win its they dont have the coaching to win, this is a first for me Nebraska has always had good coaching, devany, osborne, solich... now we have a retard who looks lost and apparently doesnt watch the game....  :steam  :steam  :steam

You've got to be kidding me. Did you seriously expect a 10-1 season with a trip to the Big XII Championship? With a new coach, a new system, and players that don't fit into the system, my expectations weren't that high. All I can say is that you're one of many spoiled Nebraska fans who aren't used to this.

I bet you were one of those people who asked for Solich's head on a platter after the 7-7 season but sang his praises through last season. The words "fair weather" come to mind.

were your expectations not to make a bowl? I didn't expect a title but I expected atleast 8 wins and better coaching all around.

My expectations were to make a bowl, but it was not beyond the realms of my mind to miss a bowl. We are still in position to make a bowl, even if it might be the Champs Sports or Fort Worth bowl.

I just don't understand how people can have huge expectations after all the changes and all the people who don't fit into the system.

I just don't understand how people can have huge expectations after all the changes and all the people who don't fit into the system.

You and me both. It comes down to the fact that they are still bitter about Frank being fired and Bo not hired. It really has nothing to do with what happens on the field. Their guy didn't get the job so anyone else sucks. That and the need for instant gratification is overwhelming

I will be very impressed to see Nebraska win one more game this year, its not that they dont have the talent to win its they dont have the coaching to win, this is a first for me Nebraska has always had good coaching, devany, osborne, solich... now we have a retard who looks lost and apparently doesnt watch the game....  :steam  :steam  :steam

They weren't the whipping boy of the Big 12 in 2002? They weren't DESTROYED on National TV last year? Do you remember Colorado in 2001 or Miami of the same year? Both National TV, both blow outs. It was fine that we got killed in those games because we were running the option. :wacko: Oh the part about Solich being in there with Osborne and Devaney is laughable. We had two great coaches, then Solich was given the job by his Ole' Boy and brought it down. Which catagory Callahan falls into I don't know yet but I'm willing to find out. Did you stick with Solich during the 7-7 year or were you calling for his job? I assume by you attitude it was the latter.

Does anyone else seem to remember watching any USC football games in 2001 besides myself? Struggled terribly on offense, went 6-6. Next year, whaddyaknow, Pete Carroll had everything he wanted in place and they go 11-2 , then went 12-1 last season and won a share of the title. And this year, well you see where this is going. GIVE CALLAHAN A CHANCE!

Does anyone else seem to remember watching any USC football games in 2001 besides myself? Struggled terribly on offense, went 6-6. Next year, whaddyaknow, Pete Carroll had everything he wanted in place and they go 11-2 , then went 12-1 last season and won a share of the title. And this year, well you see where this is going. GIVE CALLAHAN A CHANCE!

The WCO doesn't work in NCAA football remember. :wacko:

I tend to think that Nebraskans know that just because something is a change, doesn't mean its a good thing. That goes for gambling and coaching.

It doesn't automatically become a bad thing either. But no one is willing to see.

Oh christ, not gambling. IF WE GET GAMBLING, NE WILL SINK TO HELL INSTANTLY!!!!!

What? We already have gambling???

I tend to think that Nebraskans know that just because something is a change, doesn't mean its a good thing.  That goes for gambling and coaching.

Then why won't you admit that about the band-aids that Frankie hired last year to try to save his job. Does 10-3 with no chance of beating the good teams mean it was a good change?

No, but to some it's all about the record.