callahan cant coach

QUOTE (walksalone @ Nov 15 2004, 01:48 PM)

Nebraska people are a spoiled bunch

A wise man once said, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Well, it was broke.

Well, what was so broken about it? I mean, here's your chance to either look like a genius or, a nitwit...

How has Callahan enriched our team, our style of play, and our winning tradition? Oh, wait, this is where you say, "he's not even been here a full season". Well, so far this year he's managed to get beat by Texas Tech, Southern Miss, Iowa State, not too mention, almost losing to Pitt and Kansas.

We're lucky we're not 3-7. Would you be singing the same tune if that were the case?

Finally, Callahan has set a precedent. Usually you hear about one of the kids on our team getting rowdy, and getting into trouble. Now it's the coach making an ass out himself, when he's older and should know better. You don't say anything to the a**hole OU fans, but you make it a point to pound the sh*t out of them next year when they come to Lincoln.

QUOTE (walksalone @ Nov 15 2004, 01:48 PM)

Nebraska people are a spoiled bunch

A wise man once said, if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Well, it was broke.

Well, what was so broken about it? I mean, here's your chance to either look like a genius or, a nitwit...

Ok, with that kind of comment, you won't listen to what I have to say anyways. But I would say "broke" is not being competitive against good teams with that anemic option attack that we had. Solich got progressively worse when playing against good teams during his 6 years. A NEGATIVE TREND. As far as "almost losing," what kind of crap is that?

But I would say "broke" is not being competitive against good teams with that anemic option attack that we had

Yeah, did you see our West Coast offense roll up the big yardage and points against OU, or Kansas...

I think you are missing the point. We have been attempting to run the WCO for 10 games now with a quarterback who hasn't demonstrated an ability to run it. In fact, it has really only been a shell of it's former self.

We ran the option under Solich for 6 years. It wasn't as potent in 2003 as it was in 97.

Since i'm not out there in thick of all the "scuttlebut", do we have somebody on the squad that's capable, or actively recruiting someone who could run this horror show?

If Dailey is allowed to continue to run the offense, then this reinforces my point about Callahan being an idiot. He has no sense of "adaptability", if that's even a word, but you get my point.

Adding insult to injury, I think the Solich offenses (should be committed for saying that) were better than what we have now. Although, both Callahan and Solich have the penchant for wanting to call a draw play on 3rd and long which will forever baffle me.

Since i'm not out there in thick of all the "scuttlebut", do we have somebody on the squad that's capable, or actively recruiting someone who could run this horror show?

If Dailey is allowed to continue to run the offense, then this reinforces my point about Callahan being an idiot. He has no sense of "adaptability", if that's even a word, but you get my point.

Adding insult to injury, I think the Solich offenses (should be committed for saying that) were better than what we have now. Although, both Callahan and Solich have the penchant for wanting to call a draw play on 3rd and long which will forever baffle me.

supposedly beck is a god but he won't be any good at it for atleast 3 years imo. He's not even putting up any kind of numbers in high school. Just very average numbers and thats the only qb he went after.

He's not even putting up any kind of numbers in high school. Just very average numbers and thats the only qb he went after.

I am trying to find some numbers from Frazier when he was in high school, but I am having a hard time. I would encorage you not to condemn this guy, or any recruit before he even sets foot on campus as a student and an NU football player. Like any recruit, he may turn out to be great or he may turn out to be crap. Don't forget about the others we have at QB now either. Adams made the travel team last week, but the chances of his redshirt being burned this late in the year are small.

supposedly beck is a god but he won't be any good at it for atleast 3 years imo. He's not even putting up any kind of numbers in high school. Just very average numbers and thats the only qb he went after.

You would be talking about how great this kid was if he was from anywhere in Nebraska. I guess all of the other big name schools that were after him thought he was pretty good. But what do they know about recruiting anyway. :wacko:

I think they were pretty set on having Adams come right in a compete this year until that darn Mono.

You would be talking about how great this kid was if he was from anywhere in Nebraska. I guess all of the other big name schools that were after him thought he was pretty good. But what do they know about recruiting anyway. :wacko:

I think they were pretty set on having Adams come right in a compete this year until that darn Mono.

Yes he is high in rankings but hasn't done much this year imo. I just don't believe he is good enough to put all our eggs on him. I would of got another one.

P.s. If you don't know who beck is you must be out of the loop. REad on some boards. HE's the talk of the town.