I'm saying it for the first time

It's the first time for me, too. I don't want him taken out, though, until I have an idea who's going to replace him. I know everyone's down on the option, but I'd take losing while still looking like a Nebraska team than losing and looking like a freakshow experiment of dragging pro skills into amateur players.

Bro, please change you Pennywise avatar. It's been giving me the creeps for days.

Crazy Joe Divola: "Are you still scared of clowns?"

Kramer: "Yeaahhhhhhh."

I don't know anything about pennywise (I must be too old), but if you are talking about that crazy looking clown that Husker_X has for an avatar, I agree. It is scary.

The clown from King's book/movie It.

That movie..and book (IT, Steven King) (I actually dug it out after seeing his avatar) will make you scared of clowns.

I had comfortably forgotten I had read "IT." I know that movie will forever haunt me, never quite grasped the book.

All I can say, the scene where Pennywise is lurking around the hanging laundry on that sunny day (movie)...I'm all sorts of f'd up because of it.

Well, at least he's bringing in athletes, so if he does go, maybe the next coach can do what Stoops did with Blake's players at Oklahoma.

Or Urban Meyer did with Ron Zook's players at FLA.

What I want to know, with this contract we have with Callahan...Is there anything in it that says we can't "promote" him to Recruiting Coordinator and hire a real game day Coach that surrounds himself with even better Coaches?

If you think BC would stay around as Recruiting Coordinator, I think you're in trouble.

I really don't know what Steve Pederson was thinking extending his contract BEFORE the USC game. I'm not trying to sound like a rhetorical question guy, but seriously.

There was a post here, a few weeks ago, claiming there to be a Pederson-Callahan conspiracy.

The more and more I watch our team, watch the "administrative" moves and see the results...I'm starting to believe that clown.

Even better! (Callahan quitting was my "Evil plan" all along :devil )

And your Avatar creeps me out a little, too. (Not as much as the scary Clown guy, though)

We need to clean house with our coaching staff. We probably won't be able to get rid of Callahan this year unless we do something like miss a bowl game again.

This is going to happen. This team isn't going to win two more games. Unless they beat Okie State next week, they won't win another. 4-8.

Maybe that will be enough of a low -- losing to Okie State at home, losing twice as many in a season as winning -- to get the house cleaned.

I love the Huskers, the university and the state. I'm a Nebraskan, a grad, a (small) university donor.

I won't stop cheering for the Huskers, wearing my gear or making my annual trip home for a game. I feel for the kids.

All that said, I feel like the best thing that could happen for the program is to finish this year 4-8 so the university MUST make BIG changes. If they go 6-6, the changes will be too incremental. Cosgrove might go if that happens, but I now don't think that's enough.

So it's just a coincidence that a guy with a reputation as a top recruiter is bringing in top 10 recruiting classes every single year? It has nothing to do with his skill as a recruiter. Huh.

Missed assignments on D. Missed tackles. Blown coverage. Procedural penalties. Dropped passes.

Those things don't come from the head coach. The head coach does not work hands-on with every unit. He recruits, organizes, and formulates game plans. He delegates to his assistants and coordinators.

Poor technique and mental lapses on the field come from bad hands-on coaching within a unit, not from the head coach.

Cally's problem is bad assistants producing bad technicians, and it's damn hard to motivate a team when the players lack confidence in themselves and their teammates to perform.

I wonder who hired all these bad coaches BC has been suffering with? :sarcasm

I admit, I am/was a BC defender, but I'm starting to question his ability to return Nebraska to national prominence. His play-calling last night was piss-poor. :angry: I'm willing to give him one more year in hopes he hires some new assistants in the off season and things make a dramatic turn for the better. If not, I will be singing the Fire Bill Callahan song from the top of my lungs.

It's time for the Bill Callahan Era to end and these are my reasons (in random order):

1. He is not a college coach. His NFL mentality does not work. He makes play calls as if it were an NFL game. He does not try to motivate these college players and he NEVER shows any fire. The talent excuse does not work anymore (if it ever did). I truly believe that Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, heck even Ron Prince, could take these same players, fire them up, and have success.

2. Callahan does not respect Nebraska tradition. This isn't entirely his fault as I believe a lot of it is due to Steve Pederson, but Callahan's comments the other day, or lack of comments I should say, regarding Osborne's accomplishments spoke loudly.

3. Callahan is phony. He never says anything during news conferences, etc. He can talk on and on and never say anything of substance. I'm tired of it.

4. Kevin Cosgrove. Need I say more?

I feel for the kids.

As do I. They have or are losing faith. Last night was an example of a disheartened team being set up for failure.

Cosgrove might go if that happens, but I now don't think that's enough.

I think you are right.

These players are playing with absolutely NO emotion whatsoever. None; nill; nada! They're going thru the motions and that's it. I watched other games yesterday and all the players and coaches were fired up through-out the game. Not our boys. Something has to be done to fix this problem.

1. He is not a college coach. His NFL mentality does not work. He makes play calls as if it were an NFL game. He does not try to motivate these college players and he NEVER shows any fire. The talent excuse does not work anymore (if it ever did). I truly believe that Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll, Urban Meyer, heck even Ron Prince, could take these same players, fire them up, and have success.

Agreed. These guys are playing without emotion right now. There's no intensity, no fire in their eyes, no desire, no nothing....They're simply going thru the motions right now and it's killing em.

2. Callahan does not respect Nebraska tradition. This isn't entirely his fault as I believe a lot of it is due to Steve Pederson, but Callahan's comments the other day, or lack of comments I should say, regarding Osborne's accomplishments spoke loudly.

I'm not sure it's as much Callahan not respecting Nebraska tradition as it is Pud's not letting him respect Nebraska Tradition. Pud has GOT to go IMO. Heads have to got to roll and it needs to start from the top

3. Callahan is phony. He never says anything during news conferences, etc. He can talk on and on and never say anything of substance. I'm tired of it.

As you eluded to, it's that NFL mentality. This isn't the NFL. This college-damn-footbal. These kids are 18-19year olds who want nothing more than to just play football. Lose the NFL mentality, show some emotion on the sideline and let your players feed off that. Case in point: Pelini during the Alamo Bowl. He was PISSED at a bad call by the refs and the players fed off that. They were pumped! They were excited! They wanted to play.

4. Kevin Cosgrove. Need I say more?

How bout: he's a worthless POS who couldn't coach a roll a toilet paper to wipe someones ass. :angry::angry:

I'm almost there guys. If I don't see some changes with the coaching staff then I'll be on board no problem. However, if he makes some changes with the coaching staff I'll give him next year before I for sure want him gone. Let me make this clear though. If we lose again this season like we did last night get the f'ing hook!

No body wants the NU job. Face the facts boys it isn't the "High Profile" job we all make it out to be.

Who should be brought in? Don't just say a bunch of former Huskers either because not to many of them have any kind of coaching background.

It will be a lot easier to bring in different asst. coaches then it would be to bring in a new Head Coach.IMO Pud set the bar last time and a lot of people have very little to NO interest in the HC job at NU.