Coach Callahan Locker Room Show

i fear we are about the enter the dark ages...

good analogy. i have a feeling we will be entering a period of time (maybe about 5 years) of .500 football at best. i would like to know peoples predictions of how this will play out in the near future.

Honestly though with the talent we have you would have to try really hard to lose to go .500 or below for more than a season.

so is this seriously what its going to take to get something done. The husker were just basicaly shut out and embarased. The offense for the past couple of weeks have been able to put up enough points to get the job done, but there was going to be a time that the offense just wasnt going to be able to do that and unfortunately that was tonight. But once again the so called blackshirts failed at just about every aspect of the game from a defense point of view. Lets see i belive that they gave up 400+ or 500+ to ball st ummmm lets see 400+ to iowa st and tonight they gave another 4 or 500+ yards this is just absoultley embarrassing. If something is not done the THIS WEEK the huskers could be looking at a losing record. And man i really really hope that dosent happen but watching this game tonight was like being hit in the nuts by a sledge hammer So i hope that all of you boosters that donate so much of your money into this once GREAT GREAT program see whats going on and have something anything done to get this program back to where it once was this is year 4 and by the looks of it we are no where near to were we are exposed to be.

It doesn't have to be the dark ages. We have the foundation to be a powerhouse, with facilities, money, fan support, tradition, and some pretty good athletes.

The right coach can turn this around rather quickly. Obviously, Bill Callahan isn't that man.

i DOnt know how easy it will be to find that coach though...... I think we will probably have to ride this out atleast another year...... esp with that huge contract

It doesn't have to be the dark ages. We have the foundation to be a powerhouse, with facilities, money, fan support, tradition, and some pretty good athletes.

The right coach can turn this around rather quickly. Obviously, Bill Callahan isn't that man.

i DOnt know how easy it will be to find that coach though...... I think we will probably have to ride this out atleast another year...... esp with that huge contract

What's the buyout number?

And I disagree that we can't find the right coach rather quickly. There are plenty of talented, young assistant coaches in both the college ranks and the NFL out there who are ready to run a program.

Let's get Callahan the hell out of here and get this thing on the right track. As pissed off as I am right now, there's no reason to believe we can't turn this thing around. I'm convinced a change in attitude - a change at the top - will make a huge difference.

Keller: (Paraphrased) "Everything went wrong. They came out and played better than us and with more intensity. I take all the blame. We have to be men and move on. I played horrible. I've never had that happen to me before. I don't know why I couldn't get anything going. I didn't do anything to help us when we needed a big play. We can't fall apart, it's a long season."

Sounded pretty down on himself.