Steve Pederson must be fired!!!! Time to remove the trash from Memorial Stadium!

it's also gonna make him look stupid if he keeps him...so it's a double edged sword

Exactly. Somebody somewhere is going to have to swallow their pride before anything is going to get better. The problem is everyone we're dealing with here have massive egos and I don't know that any of them are capable of it.

another couple of losses like that and they wont have a choice. you act like they are immune from the rath of the fans.....get real

Look, the bottom line is the fans are the only ones who can do anything about this nightmare of a program. The extensions are the downfall of anything short of a snapped sellout streak. I know its going to suck for it to come to that, but let's be real. Pederson isn't going anywhere until the money's not there to pay him (or there's a clear, visible danger of losing the money soon). I'm more concerned about reclaiming our tradition, too. I want the old blood back in power, people who understand Nebraska football. Enough of this pro-factory nonsense. Win 10, go to a good bowl, play for the guys before you.

X

Wow what a change a pace, last winter when I said to fire him everyone jumped on my back, and now look where we are at. It isn't just football, in basketball he never fired Collier granted he did find Sadler but if Collier didn't go to Butler the basketball team still wouldn't know an inbounds play. I have never liked Pederson but I will not stop going to games or buying what I want to protest. The only way something will change is if the big money guys do something or we have a complete breakdown.

Wow what a change a pace, last winter when I said to fire him everyone jumped on my back, and now look where we are at. It isn't just football, in basketball he never fired Collier granted he did find Sadler but if Collier didn't go to Butler the basketball team still wouldn't know an inbounds play. I have never liked Pederson but I will not stop going to games or buying what I want to protest. The only way something will change is if the big money guys do something or we have a complete breakdown.

And the only way the big money guys are going to do something is if the advertisers lose their targets (a.k.a. you). If there's no one at the games, there's no money to be made. People realize that the fanbase will not accept this any longer, then they either take steps to correct it or end the football program. Which do you think will happen first? :)

It's a sad day for all of us to come to the realization that we were wrong all along and people that we were giving a hard time were right. I don't know if I gave you a hard time about it or not, but I apologize. Bugeater we may have our disagreements, but for the most part you were spot on. It took something like this for me to realize it. :hmmph

Tom Osborne is NOT retired and I believe he would come back to save the football program if asked!

Quote:

In Sunday's edition of the Omaha World-Herald, sports columnist Tom Shatel ran an interview with the former Nebraska head football coach and former U.S. Congressman Tom Osborne. One might ask, well what does that have to do with Creighton? Everything, actually. Since leaving office, Osborne has been serving as a consultant and advisor to the Creighton athletic department. Invited by Bruce Rasmussen and David Sokol, Osborne comes down weekly to speak with and advise both coaches and student athletes, especially Coach Altman and his team.

Osborne explained to Shatel that when he agreed to work with CU, he made it clear he didn't want this to be publicised as some sort of slap in the face at UNL, which is understanding considering his history with that institution. That said, the one line that popped out in the article was when Shatel asked, quite frankly, why working with Creighton instead of Nebraska: they didn't ask.

http://cufan.blogspot.com/2007/01/osborne-and-creighton.html

Ex-Husker coach lends advice to athletes, coaches.

By PAT DONOHUE

Assistant Sports Editor

Creighton students passing by the athletic offices may have noticed an unusual, yet familiar, presence there: Nebraska legend Tom Osborne.

Educational psychologist, coach, politician, mentor and teacher: Osborne has worn each title since retiring from coaching, following Nebraska’s last national football championship in January 1998.

Since the start of the new semester, Osborne has been at Creighton once a week teaching, assisting and guiding the athletic offices.

This isn’t the first time Osborne has visited campus. When he was finishing his term in Congress, he came to Creighton a few times in the fall semester to meet with athletes.

Osborne typically arrives on campus Wednesdays around 9 a.m. He participates in a variety of activities until he leaves Creighton, usually around 4:30 or 5 p.m.[/u]

Osborne counsels Creighton student-athletes on the daily stressors they will face in their four-year experience.

“There’s always a lot of difficulty in balancing the schedule,” Osborne said. “You’re playing road games, you’re practicing, and at the same time, you’ve got to maintain your academic progress.

Read the rest here:

http://press.creighton.edu/021607/sports5.html

Steve Pederson is a joke. He is a disgrace to the proud tradition of the University of Nebraska.

Pederson did not ask Tom Osborne to help out with the UNL Athletic Department, but Creighton did!

Osborne is not retired and I believe will come back to help Nebraska if asked.

Steve Pederson needs to be fired now![/b]