Steve Pederson must be fired!!!! Time to remove the trash from Memorial Stadium!

People are not going to quit going to games. Just isn't going to happen. And furthermore, we should not have to quit going to games to fix this situation. I am sure that Pedersen, Callahan, etc.. know how the fans feel about the situation, and I'm sure the boosters and other financiers have expressed their distaste as well.

It will come down to someone, Perlman, Pederson, or Callahan stepping up and saying "there's been a mistake here". Everyone has recent extensions, and that complicates things.

Though, if/when the coaching staff gets fired, we are going to be right back in the same place if Pederson (or whoever may be AD) goes about the coaching search the same way. The coaching search should be done by committee with input from former players and coaches.

I just hope something happens this off-season. I have to believe that Pederson understands that all hell is going to break loose if he doesn't do something after this season. I hope.

Tell him your concerns. I just let him know how I will no longer buy tickets or Husker gear until drastic changes are made. It may not do any good , but atleast he will see how disgruntled we all are.

steve@huskers.com

Don't e-mail HIM. HE'S THE PROBLEM!!!

According to Broderick THomas he was sent to sabotage Nebraska.

Tell him your concerns. I just let him know how I will no longer buy tickets or Husker gear until drastic changes are made. It may not do any good , but atleast he will see how disgruntled we all are.

steve@huskers.com

Don't e-mail HIM. HE'S THE PROBLEM!!!

According to Broderick THomas he was sent to sabotage Nebraska.

I'm starting to believe it.

The only way you really get noticed, is for in person protests. If staff/ad changes are not made at the end of the season, then the fanbase should organize to make a large scale protest on the campus. Get tens of thousands of people there, and it would be nearly impossible to not take it seriously.

Tom Osborne is NOT retired and I believe he would come back to save the football program if asked!

Quote:

In Sunday's edition of the Omaha World-Herald, sports columnist Tom Shatel ran an interview with the former Nebraska head football coach and former U.S. Congressman Tom Osborne. One might ask, well what does that have to do with Creighton? Everything, actually. Since leaving office, Osborne has been serving as a consultant and advisor to the Creighton athletic department. Invited by Bruce Rasmussen and David Sokol, Osborne comes down weekly to speak with and advise both coaches and student athletes, especially Coach Altman and his team.

Osborne explained to Shatel that when he agreed to work with CU, he made it clear he didn't want this to be publicised as some sort of slap in the face at UNL, which is understanding considering his history with that institution. That said, the one line that popped out in the article was when Shatel asked, quite frankly, why working with Creighton instead of Nebraska: they didn't ask.

http://cufan.blogspot.com/2007/01/osborne-and-creighton.html

Ex-Husker coach lends advice to athletes, coaches.

By PAT DONOHUE

Assistant Sports Editor

Creighton students passing by the athletic offices may have noticed an unusual, yet familiar, presence there: Nebraska legend Tom Osborne.

Educational psychologist, coach, politician, mentor and teacher: Osborne has worn each title since retiring from coaching, following Nebraska’s last national football championship in January 1998.

Since the start of the new semester, Osborne has been at Creighton once a week teaching, assisting and guiding the athletic offices.

This isn’t the first time Osborne has visited campus. When he was finishing his term in Congress, he came to Creighton a few times in the fall semester to meet with athletes.

Osborne typically arrives on campus Wednesdays around 9 a.m. He participates in a variety of activities until he leaves Creighton, usually around 4:30 or 5 p.m.[/u]

Osborne counsels Creighton student-athletes on the daily stressors they will face in their four-year experience.

“There’s always a lot of difficulty in balancing the schedule,” Osborne said. “You’re playing road games, you’re practicing, and at the same time, you’ve got to maintain your academic progress.

Read the rest here:

http://press.creighton.edu/021607/sports5.html

Steve Pederson is a joke. He is a disgrace to the proud tradition of the University of Nebraska.

Pederson did not ask Tom Osborne to help out with the UNL Athletic Department, but Creighton did!

Osborne is not retired and I believe will come back to help Nebraska if asked.

Steve Pederson needs to be fired now![/b]

Ped is an a-hole. He would never ask O for help, it would signal his defeat. People like him never admit they are wrong or made a bad decision, they ALWAYS have an excuse beyond their control, always.

I’ve said it for 4 years – Steve Pederson must go. His big fat ego has brought nothing but doom and gloom – Nebraska is a joke to the national scene – they all laugh at the current state of things because after 30+ years of consistency, Nebraska is now just like everyone else. After 30+ years of Nebraska always being there – at the top – they are very nearly bottom feeders – we’re becoming Baylor, or Iowa State of the 1980s. Steve Pederson kicked the family out of Nebraska, turned his back on the traditions, brought in an outsider with a businessman’s emotionless NFL coaching philosophy and game plan, and has since done everything possible to say this is a success while the results DO NOT back up a single word that has come out of his mouth.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers have NO fire, NO determination, NO attitude all because they have NO coaching. I am sick to death of the “gentlemen Cornhuskers”. The men that strap on the pads play with the same emotion that they are taught by their coaches. Give me one fired up Bo Pelini type coach, one Blackshirt that bangs chairs over his head before games to get himself in the mood to stand over crumpled opponents while showing the skull and bones salute to dominance on the field, and one quarterback, or running back, or wideout, that will lower his shoulder into a linebacker to take a first down because he wants it, and by God a linebacker isn’t going to stop him. With those three men, the Cornhuskers will be right back where they were before Steve Pederson, and in spite of Steve Pederson.

I am also sick to death of hearing that Solich couldn’t recruit, that Solich was bringing the program down, that Solich had to go to keep the program from giving up the Big XII to Kansas and Missouri and Kansas State and Colorado and Texas and Oklahoma – oh, wait, Steve just said Oklahoma and Texas. And yet we can’t even beat Missouri, and manage to squeak out a 1 point win with Ball State. And when Steve Pederson sends his daughter off to school, where does he send her? No, no, no, not the University of Nebraska – that’s not good enough for Stevie’s little girl. He packs her up and sends her right off to Austin, Texas.

Steve Pederson must go – facilities may be better, but that’s due to the commitment of boosters and fans, NOT a credit to Pederson. Bill Callahan must go – he cannot figure out how to win games, and when he knows he outclassed in coaching, he goes into a game with a mindset of not losing big. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. End result – another loss for the Cornhuskers, and sometimes its more humiliation for the Cornhuskers. Most definitely Kevin Cosgrove must go – in his 4th year the defense should trust his system, they should trust each other, they should play like madmen on fire, and they should stop the opposing offense. Nope – ain’t happening – his best was in year 3, but they allowed more than 330 ypg – Solich had 3 years with under 300, and 2 more years that were still better than Cosgrove’s best.

the asterisk indicates year in progress…

Solich’s best offense is better than BC’s best, and Solich has 2 years that are still better than any BC year; Solich’s worst years are better than BC’s worst:

Solich, in order: 384.9, 392.2, 459.9, 451.2, 373.1, 345.0

BC in order: 363.2, 320.3, 414.6, 439.3*

Solich’s defense (yards per game allowed) was better than BC’s in 5 of 6 years Solich was at NU – the one bad year was still a bowl game, and the next year with Pelini was better – in fact, Solich’s worst year is almost as good as 3 of 4 BC years – note the rebound after the worst year:

Solich, in order: 313.7, 252.2, 321.8, 287.2, 361.9, 297.2

BC in order: 371.6, 332.2, 331.3, 441.5*

Solich scored more points, and had 2 years that are still ahead of BC’s best year – Solich’s worst isn’t as bad as BC’s worst:

Solich, in order: 383, 411, 456, 449, 383, 322

BC, in order: 275, 296, 428, 185*

Solich kept the bad guys from scoring more, except the one bad year – big rebound the next year – BC has yet to stop scoring:

Solich, in order: 183, 150, 213, 189, 335, 188

BC in order: 298, 252, 256, 174*

Its true that Solich’s numbers are not as good as the good doctor, but they were going back up from the bad stretch he had – what would have happened with one more year of Solich? Our losses BC’s first year – Southern Miss by 4, Texas Tech - humiliation, K State – another humiliation, Iowa State by 7, Oklahoma by 27, Colorado by 6. Nebraska never lost a game to Texas Tech until BC showed up. The 4 points at Southern Miss? I think we could have picked them up, and the 7 at ISU, and the 6 at Colorado. Six losses now become 2 losses. And the bowl game streak stays intact. And the non-losing season streak. Oh yeah – pride sticks around, too. And the family – that would have stuck around.

What has BC done?

2004 Texas Tech 70-10

2004 KSU 45-21

2005 Missouri 41-24

2005 Kansas 40-15

2006 USC 28-10 – he didn’t go to win

2006 OSU 41-29

2007 USC 49-31

2007 Ball State 41-40

2007 Missouri 41-6

Its ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. When a coach goes 6-6 and the AD says “fix it” and the coach goes then goes 10-3. AD says: Nope, not fixed – we need a new coach. New coach comes in. Numbers are worse. Records gone. Stats suck. Team morale is MIA. Fans NOT happy, though every now and then they swallow the kool-aid, only to be kicked in the guts again, and again, and again.

As long as Steve Pederson is the AD, I will NOT wear another Husker shirt or hat. I will not carry a Husker lunch bag. I will not watch another Huskers game. My biggest regret in life is in not taking the opportunity to spit in that $%#&@*! face when I had the chance at the NU-ATM game in the fall of 2006. The guy was 10 feet away – all I had to do was walk over there and spit, but I didn’t do it. And I will regret that my whole life. The man has humiliated ALL Husker fans, and my only chance to give a little back and I didn’t do it.

You can post what you want about anything I said. I'll NEVER see it. I won't come in here to look at it. I won't respond to it. Anyone that thinks I'm wrong can do so at your leisure. It doesn't bother me. As a Husker fan, Stevie P has humiliated us enough that anything anyone in here says won't bother me in the least.

I've drank the kool-aid one too many times and I'm done with it until He is GONE.

Unfotrunately I have tickets for the OSU game. I will go to the game as I will be in Lincoln to visit gramdma anyway. What if we all watched the game with our backs to the field? Or would that look to much like we were dissing the players and not the coaching staff?

I have 10 tix to the A&M game. have family flying in from NY and Nevada. I too will be visiting grandma. I feel bad that my family has made plans and spent that much money to come all the way to Lincoln to see this less than desirable product on the field. But the tradition and the aura of Memorial Stadium is fantastic.

Tom Osborne is NOT retired and I believe he would come back to save the football program if asked!

Quote:

In Sunday's edition of the Omaha World-Herald, sports columnist Tom Shatel ran an interview with the former Nebraska head football coach and former U.S. Congressman Tom Osborne. One might ask, well what does that have to do with Creighton? Everything, actually. Since leaving office, Osborne has been serving as a consultant and advisor to the Creighton athletic department. Invited by Bruce Rasmussen and David Sokol, Osborne comes down weekly to speak with and advise both coaches and student athletes, especially Coach Altman and his team.

Osborne explained to Shatel that when he agreed to work with CU, he made it clear he didn't want this to be publicised as some sort of slap in the face at UNL, which is understanding considering his history with that institution. That said, the one line that popped out in the article was when Shatel asked, quite frankly, why working with Creighton instead of Nebraska: they didn't ask.

http://cufan.blogspot.com/2007/01/osborne-and-creighton.html

Ex-Husker coach lends advice to athletes, coaches.

By PAT DONOHUE

Assistant Sports Editor

Creighton students passing by the athletic offices may have noticed an unusual, yet familiar, presence there: Nebraska legend Tom Osborne.

Educational psychologist, coach, politician, mentor and teacher: Osborne has worn each title since retiring from coaching, following Nebraska’s last national football championship in January 1998.

Since the start of the new semester, Osborne has been at Creighton once a week teaching, assisting and guiding the athletic offices.

This isn’t the first time Osborne has visited campus. When he was finishing his term in Congress, he came to Creighton a few times in the fall semester to meet with athletes.

Osborne typically arrives on campus Wednesdays around 9 a.m. He participates in a variety of activities until he leaves Creighton, usually around 4:30 or 5 p.m.[/u]

Osborne counsels Creighton student-athletes on the daily stressors they will face in their four-year experience.

“There’s always a lot of difficulty in balancing the schedule,” Osborne said. “You’re playing road games, you’re practicing, and at the same time, you’ve got to maintain your academic progress.

Read the rest here:

http://press.creighton.edu/021607/sports5.html

Steve Pederson is a joke. He is a disgrace to the proud tradition of the University of Nebraska.

Pederson did not ask Tom Osborne to help out with the UNL Athletic Department, but Creighton did!

Osborne is not retired and I believe will come back to help Nebraska if asked.

Steve Pederson needs to be fired now![/b]

Ped is an a-hole. He would never ask O for help, it would signal his defeat. People like him never admit they are wrong or made a bad decision, they ALWAYS have an excuse beyond their control, always.

He should run for President. I hear you can be this way and still have supporters.

Even if we spam their inboxes with more emails than previously EXISTED before this point, will it matter? Pederson has more than just football to be concerned with. I'm not going to argue that football is obviously the biggest source of income for the athletic department, but volleyball won the national championship. Basketball is probably going to go to the NCAA tournament this season. Baseball, while it's down right now, is still a significant sport at the university. He's done well in all these other areas. Would the NU volleyball be playing regular season games in front of a sold-out Qwest Center if Pederson hadn't had a say in it? Would we have Doc Sadler as our basketball coach?

I'm no fan of Pederson, but I'm just thinking that there are other things FOR THE REGENTS and the university to keep in mind here.

Even if we spam their inboxes with more emails than previously EXISTED before this point, will it matter? Pederson has more than just football to be concerned with. I'm not going to argue that football is obviously the biggest source of income for the athletic department, but volleyball won the national championship. Basketball is probably going to go to the NCAA tournament this season. Baseball, while it's down right now, is still a significant sport at the university. He's done well in all these other areas. Would the NU volleyball be playing regular season games in front of a sold-out Qwest Center if Pederson hadn't had a say in it? Would we have Doc Sadler as our basketball coach?

I'm no fan of Pederson, but I'm just thinking that there are other things FOR THE REGENTS and the university to keep in mind here.

Well lets look did peterson have anything to do with John Cook coming to Nebraska? No I'm pretty sure it was the former Head Volleyball coach that hand picked him, Cook was here already in 2002 and I bet the quest center probably would have happened no matter who was the AD with all the volleyball fans around.

As for the Basketball Coach he was going to keep Barry Collier last year but Collier read his future was not going to be in Nebraska and bolted.

Still trying to find out what he's done other then causing a major split between Husker fans. It should not taken this long to have the expasion paid for.

Unfotrunately I have tickets for the OSU game. I will go to the game as I will be in Lincoln to visit gramdma anyway. What if we all watched the game with our backs to the field? Or would that look to much like we were dissing the players and not the coaching staff?

I have 10 tix to the A&M game. have family flying in from NY and Nevada. I too will be visiting grandma. I feel bad that my family has made plans and spent that much money to come all the way to Lincoln to see this less than desirable product on the field. But the tradition and the aura of Memorial Stadium is fantastic.

If everyone who went to the game would refuse to buy a Fairbuy Hot Dog, Coke, Runza, Val's Pizza.... The $$$ would certainly start talking to the regents.

Steve Pederson must go!

Here is the contact info for all of the Board of Regents.

http://www.nebraska.edu/board/board_members.shtml

I took 10 minutes and I emailed all 8 Regents.

I told them to get on their hands and knees and beg Coach Osborne to come back to the University of Nebraska as AD.

Just finished with all the board of regents, keep this going and on top

It's the only way to win the trust of Husker Fans back.

Coach Osborne could make the proper decisions, for the Football Program, and I trust him to do so.

If Coach Osborne feels Coach Callahan needs to go so be it. I trust him to make the proper assessment and need recommendations on coaching changes.