This is exactly what happened to Callahan in his last job.

The Raiders quit on him, a year removed from being in the Super Bowl. Granted, we were nowhere close to the Championship Game, but you have to admit we were looking like we were going in the right direction.

He looks just as defeated and clueless in press conferences and on the sidelines as he did in his last year at Oakland. I remember one quote of his being "We have to be the dumbest football team in the NFL right now." That doesn't sound very different than what Husker fans are saying about this Husker team today.

Al Davis was smart enough to see he had to go, and that's saying alot. He has to go.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 7 2007, 01:01 PM) 233149[/snapback]

The Raiders quit on him, a year removed from being in the Super Bowl. Granted, we were nowhere close to the Championship Game, but you have to admit we were looking like we were going in the right direction.

He looks just as defeated and clueless in press conferences and on the sidelines as he did in his last year at Oakland. I remember one quote of his being "We have to be the dumbest football team in the NFL right now." That doesn't sound very different than what Husker fans are saying about this Husker team today.

Al Davis was smart enough to see he had to go, and that's saying alot. He has to go.

:yeah

B)-->

He's gotta go. Last night for me was the straw that broke that camels back. I am ever the blind optimist when it comes to the Huskers, but not anymore. I am tired of kidding myself by rationalizing that we will be alright. It used to break my heart when the Huskers, pre mid-nineties dominance, would get mocked by the hyper-talented Florida powers in January after steamrolling the Big-Eight. At school I would get teased because I was the lone Nebraska fan, but I was proud of my team. This is something I have never experienced. This is a team that looks like they flat out don't give a @#$%! I do not blame the players. Sure I scream at them when I watch pathetic arm tackling and giving up on plays allowing countless second chance yards, but it is the coaching staff I blame. I have been saying it all along that Callahan was a little too NFL for my liking. It would frustrate me seeing him appear to be so wrapped up in flipping through his 8 million page playbook that he forgot what the ^&%$ was going on in the game. But now I have seen enough, he has lost complete controll of his football team. That game made me sick. I am sure he's a great guy, just not the right guy for this job.

I'm not defending him, but the Raiders still sucked after he was gone, although they may be showing some signs of life with Kiffin. Either way, we can try to make comparisons about his previous job and how it ended to our current situation, but bottom line is he needs to pack his bags. When no-name coaches can get lesser programs to win in the first or 2nd year, you know something's wrong.

B)-->

I totally agree. Time for the Callahan Era to end.