From a Tiger fan...

Hello Husker fans,

Tiger fan here, and I came to talk about something that's been bugging me a little bit. I'm not here to talk about the score or anything that happened in the actual football game--so don't confuse me for a troll or flamer.

I've been reading all day about the game, after returning from Columbia this afternoon. What I'm reading on PowerMizzou and TigerBoard is somewhat shocking to me. If I understand it correctly, certain Nebraska fans felt fearful for their physical safety. I would like to state my objections to those assertions, because it's something that's been bugging me. See, I came with ten people, two of whom were Nebraska fans with separate seating arrangements. During our tailgate, we never heard much more than "Go back to Nebraska!" If this is your interpretation of classless, I'd imagine you haven't been to many rivalry games. I certainly heard worse than that in Lincoln last year. I've heard that some students were dropping the "F" bombs. Again, you're in a college setting, and while it's regrettable that you had to hear that, it's not out of the ordinary especially with the evening start time and tailgating "head start" :)

Further, I read a post from someone who said that he/she saw a shirt that said "F--- Nebraska" (insert appropriate letters). She reasoned that while Neb. fans had shirts that said "F--- Trojans", our shirts were worse because they called out a specific state. Terrible logic aside, this is an outright lie. First, students with profanity on their shirts aren't allowed in the game, and second, I nor any of my friends saw one of those shirts. Second, regarding your physical safety, I'd guess this is nothing but an overreaction. Razzing opponents' fans happens all the time, and it might be slightly more aggressive when some have been drinking. That much is for sure. But we never heard outright threats, and further: we went to Harpo's ("a MISSOURI bar" is their slogan) and there were several Nebraska fans there until closing time. None of them were physically threatened, either.

There sure is a lot to discuss regarding all aspects of this game, but this is one that is personally eating at me. Hope those of you that went had a good time (even though I won't go so far as to say I hope you come back -- j/k :) )

Hello Husker fans,

Tiger fan here, and I came to talk about something that's been bugging me a little bit. I'm not here to talk about the score or anything that happened in the actual football game--so don't confuse me for a troll or flamer.

I've been reading all day about the game, after returning from Columbia this afternoon. What I'm reading on PowerMizzou and TigerBoard is somewhat shocking to me. If I understand it correctly, certain Nebraska fans felt fearful for their physical safety. I would like to state my objections to those assertions, because it's something that's been bugging me. See, I came with ten people, two of whom were Nebraska fans with separate seating arrangements. During our tailgate, we never heard much more than "Go back to Nebraska!" If this is your interpretation of classless, I'd imagine you haven't been to many rivalry games. I certainly heard worse than that in Lincoln last year. I've heard that some students were dropping the "F" bombs. Again, you're in a college setting, and while it's regrettable that you had to hear that, it's not out of the ordinary especially with the evening start time and tailgating "head start" :)

Further, I read a post from someone who said that he/she saw a shirt that said "F--- Nebraska" (insert appropriate letters). She reasoned that while Neb. fans had shirts that said "F--- Trojans", our shirts were worse because they called out a specific state. Terrible logic aside, this is an outright lie. First, students with profanity on their shirts aren't allowed in the game, and second, I nor any of my friends saw one of those shirts. Second, regarding your physical safety, I'd guess this is nothing but an overreaction. Razzing opponents' fans happens all the time, and it might be slightly more aggressive when some have been drinking. That much is for sure. But we never heard outright threats, and further: we went to Harpo's ("a MISSOURI bar" is their slogan) and there were several Nebraska fans there until closing time. None of them were physically threatened, either.

There sure is a lot to discuss regarding all aspects of this game, but this is one that is personally eating at me. Hope those of you that went had a good time (even though I won't go so far as to say I hope you come back -- j/k :) )

here my take on the whole thing.. more than likely there was a lot of alcohol involved. if so you can count on A) the facts probably not being strait, and B) people not acting in a manner that they normally would. I wouldnt pay much attention to any of it then. maybe they were threatened by sime drunken fans... or maybe they were so drunk themselves and they reallly dont know what happened...... who know. as long as no one was hurt.... no worries

I made the trip and actually had a good time up until the game started. My RV got keyed in about 5 different places and drunk Mizzou fans were getting in our faces during the game, but I guess that could happen anywhere. I think what worried me the most was the lack of security, if something would have happened there wouldn't have been anybody around to stop it, but overall I had a good time and I'm glad I went despite the outcome. I have to give your team and coaching staff props, they're exactly what a well prepared & enthusiastic team should look like.

Hello Husker fans,

Who cares about what Nebraska fan is getting their feelings hurt, it is rediculous to expect great fans on the road, so quit crying. I went the last two years in Columbia and Missery fans are little better than CU's.

But sh*t...NU has pounded everyone for so long, it's no wonder teams and fans are pounding Nebraska at every chance they get. Should it really be a big surprise?

Hello Husker fans,

Who cares about what Nebraska fan is getting their feelings hurt, it is rediculous to expect great fans on the road, so quit crying. I went the last two years in Columbia and Missery fans are little better than CU's.

But sh*t...NU has pounded everyone for so long, it's no wonder teams and fans are pounding Nebraska at every chance they get. Should it really be a big surprise?

Agree 100% It was like a walk in the park compared to sCUm.

i went to the game and minus one idiot that keep throwing the football at our direction and knocking our flag down we were treated pretty well. the people that were with this guy came up to us and apologized for it and said that he was a dbag and didn't like it either. of course we heard a fair share of f the huskers and what not but thats expected especially for a late night game like this. we were tailgating there from 3 until the game started. the atmosphere was great and may i add that the ladies in columbia were amazing along with the dance team

besides the actual game a good weekend there

I still think MU fans are classless jerkoffs...just like aggy...outside of a select few.

I don't understand the name-calling that occurs on these subjects. I have been to multiple stadiums and you always get some ribbing. When you wear your colors, as I always do, I kind of expect it.

All stadiums and fan bases have their knuckleheads, yes even in Lincoln.

Good Luck to the Huskers the rest of the year

I still think MU fans are classless jerkoffs...just like aggy...outside of a select few.

I don't understand the name-calling that occurs on these subjects. I have been to multiple stadiums and you always get some ribbing. When you wear your colors, as I always do, I kind of expect it.

I was kidding lol. No one is as bad as aggy.

I was kidding lol. No one is as bad as aggy.

Mizzou fans were yelling at two ederly couples walking on the street. They were saying and I quote: "Gimmie your F*N Pension Checks!" and "Go Back to $*%& Huskerland". I hate to see people from my home state doing this but they were classless. I hope they flunk out.

Barnacle.....

As an "outside objective" Arkansas fan who has been a legal resident of 18 States including every Big12 State except Missouri, I would like to comment on "bad fans." I have seen college football in every area of the country in my 73 years and I have always rated Nebraska as one of the best and most classy fan base in America. I was literally knocked out at a Georgia game many years ago and my Arkansas jacket was burned. I was hit in the face by an apple at a Colorado game. I spent 4 hours in the College Station jail after I retaliated against 4 Aggies for spitting on my wife. I was kicked in the back of my head at an Ohio State game and after I nailed the guy that did it, I was asked to leave the stadium. My point is, there are "bad fans" throughout the game and most are the resident students. My Top 5 bad fan base is:

1. Colorado

2. Georgia

3. Iowa

4. LSU

5. Texas A & M

My top 5 best fan base is:

1. Alabama

2. Nebraska

3. Wisconsin

4. Texas

5. Tennessee

You people hang in .......Huskers will return to greatness

As an "outside objective" Arkansas fan who has been a legal resident of 18 States including every Big12 State except Missouri, I would like to comment on "bad fans." I have seen college football in every area of the country in my 73 years and I have always rated Nebraska as one of the best and most classy fan base in America. I was literally knocked out at a Georgia game many years ago and my Arkansas jacket was burned. I was hit in the face by an apple at a Colorado game. I spent 4 hours in the College Station jail after I retaliated against 4 Aggies for spitting on my wife. I was kicked in the back of my head at an Ohio State game and after I nailed the guy that did it, I was asked to leave the stadium. My point is, there are "bad fans" throughout the game and most are the resident students. My Top 5 bad fan base is:

1. Colorado

2. Georgia

3. Iowa

4. LSU

5. Texas A & M

1. Alabama

2. Nebraska

3. Wisconsin

4. Texas

5. Tennessee

Great input. I cannot speak to all the places you have been but Colorado gets my vote for worse fans!!! (mostly students and younger crowd) I have always wanted to go to an Auburn or Texas game as I have heard they have great fan bases. They had some respectful, intelligent posters on this board last year also.

I'm doing a fast reply as I don't have time to compile my top 5 best and worst list but in the top 5 will be USC from last year...their fans were totally in awe of us 'skers that paid $50 to park next to the stadium and start our tailgates and invite them in for a brewskie or two. Good fans and from all comments here they were equally impressed when they came back to Lincoln.

On the bottom fishers...will be KU! I had a daughter in high school that went to a game there with us, her folks, and elderly grandpa, and the f bombs and other comments that were thrown at us hiking up the 'hill' after the game (just because we won) embarrassed her so much she is now finishing her degrees at K State.

1. Colorado

2. Georgia

3. Iowa

4. LSU

5. Texas A & M

1. Alabama

2. Nebraska

3. Wisconsin

4. Texas

5. Tennessee

Here's my top five WORST list:

1. Colorado

2. Colorado

3. Colorado

4. Colorado

5. Colorado

Worst experience of my life! Those disgusting bums were throwing and yelling everything they could get their hands on at us and we had women and children with us. Every other game I've traveled to has been a stroll in the park compared to that god forsaken place!