The Media turning up the heat

LJS

"Callahan looked lost at times on the sideline. The Huskers’ leader exuded concern and confusion instead of confidence. A team mirrors its leaders.

Speaking of leaders, Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson constantly reminds his employees, “Everyone’s accountable.” Pederson’s mantra, of course, should apply to Pederson himself, for he was responsible for hiring a head football coach who presides over a program that suddenly appears to be spiritless, rudderless and lacking in chemistry.

"

LJS

"Callahan looked lost at times on the sideline. The Huskers’ leader exuded concern and confusion instead of confidence. A team mirrors its leaders.

Speaking of leaders, Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson constantly reminds his employees, “Everyone’s accountable.” Pederson’s mantra, of course, should apply to Pederson himself, for he was responsible for hiring a head football coach who presides over a program that suddenly appears to be spiritless, rudderless and lacking in chemistry.

"

Great article, hopefully there's more to come. The powers that be can't ignore it forever!

LJS

"

That's pretty powerful stuff

At the halfway point of the regular season, this Nebraska team is defined largely by the lack of energy and doggedness it displays on almost a weekly basis."

Did he really mean doggedness; doggedness as in persistent or tenacious? Judging by the context I’d say he meant another word, I’m not sure what.

“Nebraska has ample time to change its course and finish the season with a flurry of wins.”

Do they? Ample time? I’d say they have exceedingly limited time to change course.

“Nebraska has ample time to change its course and finish the season with a flurry of wins.”

Do they? Ample time? I’d say they have exceedingly limited time to change course.

He meant there are still enough games left on the schedule to have a worthwhile season. But I think he's inferring what everyone already knows. This will likely be Callahan's last year.

X

Good article yes and it brings to point that the buck really stops at the top. Firing BC or Coz right now isn't the answer. Firing SP right now isn't the answer either. Firing SP at the end of the season now that's a different deal. SP has made some tough decisions since coming to Nebraska. He made all of them wrong but tough decisions just the same. For all the staff who's lives have been tied to the program who have left, who you've fired we bid you fairwell but will be glad you left. For all the staff who's families, who's roots etc. are tied to Nebraska and have left anway we bid you fairwell.

I liked the article and agreed with how Callahan looked on the sideline. He honestly looked like he was out in left field. I really have no problem with Callahan, he has done a decent job with the offense (give him credit, with the exception of this past Saturday, the offense over the past 4 years has gotten better and better). The focus needs to be on the defense and it start at the DC position. SP hired a coach that can get the job done as long as he has the right staff behind him. On the offensive side of the ball, good staff, defensive side of the ball needs replacing.