WR Nyan Boateng

Benard

heres some news from BRR...looks like hes a gator!

Brooklyn (N.Y.) wide receiver Nyan Boateng (6-3, 190, 4.45, Scout.com's #14 WR, 4 stars) now says Florida (1/7 official trip) leads big over Nebraska (10/2), Michigan and Michigan State (11/5).

"There's like a 90% chance that I'm going to commit to Florida," says Boateng, from Abraham Lincoln.

Yea, but knowing the tricks this kid has played in the past I am not counting him towards any team until after LOI day.

Brooklyn (N.Y.) wide receiver Nyan Boateng (6-3, 190, 4.45, Scout.com's #14 WR, 4 stars) now says Florida (1/7 official trip) leads big over Nebraska (10/2), Michigan and Michigan State (11/5).

"There's like a 90% chance that I'm going to commit to Florida," says Boateng, from Abraham Lincoln.

Son of a bitch. Damn that Meyer. I don't know DaveH, he never made a statement like that about NU. This could be legit!!?!! Let's see if rivals has anything to say about it.

Son of a bitch. Damn that Meyer. I don't know DaveH, he never made a statement like that about NU. This could be legit!!?!! Let's see if rivals has anything to say about it.

Last I looked, theInsiders and Rivals haven't bit on it yet. Who knows?

Thats bizarre. So you didnt see anything from TI Dave? "BRR" as referenced by sgfdhusker is BigRedReport, which is part of TI... hmmm.

The thing that flys the BS flag for me is that he has always stood firm that he would make his announcement at the All Star game, and wouldnt even give so much as an indirect hint before - why this "probability ratio" all of a sudden..

Thats bizarre. So you didnt see anything from TI Dave? "BRR" as referenced by sgfdhusker is BigRedReport, which is part of TI... hmmm.

The thing that flys the BS flag for me is that he has always stood firm that he would make his announcement at the All Star game, and wouldnt even give so much as an indirect hint before - why this "probability ratio" all of a sudden..

I wonder if sgfdhusker got his info from a message board or something. Not directly from BRR or rivals

Well I just confirmed that the quote above is accurate. Still strikes me as strange, but then again these are 17-18 yr old kids and easily influenced - so who's to say that he will still be "like 90%" pro Florida next week.

But the other disparaging comment was that after saying Florida was at the top, he said they had a much bigger lead over his 2nd choice - Michigan. Appears Nebraska isn't even on the short anymore... but then again this could all just be part of his game.

Well I just confirmed that the quote above is accurate. Still strikes me as strange, but then again these are 17-18 yr old kids and easily influenced - so who's to say that he will still be "like 90%" pro Florida next week.

But the other disparaging comment was that after saying Florida was at the top, he said they had a much bigger lead over his 2nd choice - Michigan. Appears Nebraska isn't even on the short anymore... but then again this could all just be part of his game.

Nyan,......your a pain in my ass

i got this info straight from Big Red Report at Scout.com.......here's the entire article that i could find....michigan is number two...no comment about the huskers at all...it looks like the huskers are out of it for this one.....

Leak For Two?

By Allen Wallace National Recruiting Editor

Date: Jan 6, 2005

"There's like a 90% chance that I'm going to commit to Florida," says Brooklyn wide receiver Nyan Boateng. Boateng missed his senior year with a broken ankle.

"I love Gainesville and its small town feel. It's also a great academic school. They've got a great coaching staff and a great philosophy with their wide receivers.

"To play with Chris Leak (quarterback) for two years is all that comes to mind when I think about them. Plus the SEC is the best conference in the country. I could get a lot of national exposure with the Gators--that's the main thing with them for me too.

"They've got a great past history and it's a great place. It's one of the great Florida schools. Coach (Urban) Meyer is a great guy. I had a great in-home visit with him today (1/5). He was around for about ten hours.

"We went to my school and I got to work out to get ready for the All-American game (sponsored by Scout.com). I also took him to the basketball game at school. It was a great visit.

"And with me going there I think will open up a connection for the kids in New York City to go to Florida, and that's something to be proud of.

"I'd say Michigan is my #2 school--they're a winning program all the time. And they've got a great coaching staff. I like their wide receiver's coach (Erik) Campbell. It's like Wide Receiver's University over there.

"I like that no matter what age you are or what class you're in, you're going to play. They're in the Rose Bowl every year and it's a big-time school in the Big Ten.

"The national exposure you get on TV is unbelievable there. Braylon Edwards' (wide receivers) takeoff this season was unbelievable too. They've got great tradition. The program speaks for itself.

"I'm at about 90% right now health-wise. I've been running a lot and my Achilles has been bothering me a bit, but I'm going to be ready for the game come January 15 (U.S. Army All-America game sponsored by Scout.com).

"Maryland (12/10 official trip) is definitely out of it for me and I will not visit Michigan."

No stats due to a broken left ankle suffered during the pre-season.

2.9/24 ACT/1080 SAT

i got this info straight from Big Red Report at Scout.com.......here's the entire article that i could find....michigan is number two...no comment about the huskers at all...it looks like the huskers are out of it for this one.....

Leak For Two?

By Allen Wallace National Recruiting Editor

Date: Jan 6, 2005

"There's like a 90% chance that I'm going to commit to Florida," says Brooklyn wide receiver Nyan Boateng. Boateng missed his senior year with a broken ankle.

"I love Gainesville and its small town feel. It's also a great academic school. They've got a great coaching staff and a great philosophy with their wide receivers.

"To play with Chris Leak (quarterback) for two years is all that comes to mind when I think about them. Plus the SEC is the best conference in the country. I could get a lot of national exposure with the Gators--that's the main thing with them for me too.

"They've got a great past history and it's a great place. It's one of the great Florida schools. Coach (Urban) Meyer is a great guy. I had a great in-home visit with him today (1/5). He was around for about ten hours.

"We went to my school and I got to work out to get ready for the All-American game (sponsored by Scout.com). I also took him to the basketball game at school. It was a great visit.

"And with me going there I think will open up a connection for the kids in New York City to go to Florida, and that's something to be proud of.

"I'd say Michigan is my #2 school--they're a winning program all the time. And they've got a great coaching staff. I like their wide receiver's coach (Erik) Campbell. It's like Wide Receiver's University over there.

"I like that no matter what age you are or what class you're in, you're going to play. They're in the Rose Bowl every year and it's a big-time school in the Big Ten.

"The national exposure you get on TV is unbelievable there. Braylon Edwards' (wide receivers) takeoff this season was unbelievable too. They've got great tradition. The program speaks for itself.

"I'm at about 90% right now health-wise. I've been running a lot and my Achilles has been bothering me a bit, but I'm going to be ready for the game come January 15 (U.S. Army All-America game sponsored by Scout.com).

"Maryland (12/10 official trip) is definitely out of it for me and I will not visit Michigan."

No stats due to a broken left ankle suffered during the pre-season.

2.9/24 ACT/1080 SAT

Thanks for the find man