WR Nyan Boateng

Benard

Yes, Nyan Boateng from Brooklyn will be in on an offical football visit, but he has made it clear he wants to play both football and basketball in college. The guy is a rivals four-star in both sports with several big time offers in both. What a steal this could be for the hoops team (and wouldn't even count against our schollie limit!). His basketball profile linked.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/viewprospect.as...y=22481&Sport=2

Player: Nyan Boateng

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY

Position: WR

Height: 6’2.5”

Weight: 190

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date: 10/1/04

Scholarships offered: Over 10 including, Maryland, Miami (Fl), Michigan State, Nebraska, USC, and Penn St.

Favorites: Nebraska and Maryland

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #12/****

Insiders: #13/****

Assessing the talent: His size and speed separate him from the good receivers. Super prospect as far as wideouts go. He can beat you deep or catch it over the middle. One item of note, he has not been able to play football his entire senior year, but he will be playing in the Army All-Star game.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 15% Considered a Husker silent verbal for months and then came the Legend into the picture. Girls in bikini's, nightlife, and an Urban wide-open offense has lured Nyan from the Corn State. ..............Committed to Florida

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

the big rumor I've heard is that he's a silent committ to us and he's waiting for the army all american came to announce it.

mrperfect, I think your certainly on to something here. He is reluctant to take the rest of his visits (USC, Maryland, Miami). He is really working hard to get himself back to playing, football shape. He want's to make a splash at this Army All Star game.

Looks like good news...read the article from omaha.com

Boateng coming?

NU basketball signees Will Harris and Jamel White, former teammates of Nyan Boateng, said they expect to play again with the two-sport star out of Brooklyn, N.Y.

"He's coming," White said. "Nebraska's his first choice right now."

Boateng, the nation's No. 12-rated receiver, according to rivals.com, has remained quiet about his plans since an Oct. 1 visit to NU. Expect to hear his announcement on NBC Jan. 15 during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

:horns2

Looks like good news...read the article from omaha.com

Boateng coming?

NU basketball signees Will Harris and Jamel White, former teammates of Nyan Boateng, said they expect to play again with the two-sport star out of Brooklyn, N.Y.

"He's coming," White said. "Nebraska's his first choice right now."

Boateng, the nation's No. 12-rated receiver, according to rivals.com, has remained quiet about his plans since an Oct. 1 visit to NU. Expect to hear his announcement on NBC Jan. 15 during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

:horns2

Oh this is a great find OK HUSKER. Thanks for gettin that article for us. On paper this is a great find, you always have to wonder how an athlete will come off an injury, especially a young one.

You think Nyan is upset his budddies are tipping his hand?? This is going to be great. We will have at least one guy (hopefully, I probably shouldn't go over board yet, they are only kids) to show that red hat. The country will take notice if we can get a few.

This kid is big and physical w/ speed to boot.

For those of you keeping score at home, I boosted up the "Odds of becoming a Cornhusker" to around 45%.

Good find Fanatic.

InsideHoops.com: Do you know your exact speed and jump?

Nyan Boateng: Yeah, right now I got a 45-inch vertical leap, and I run a 4-4 flat, which is pretty good. Last year, I ran a 4-5.

:o Holy crap. This kid plays on the freakin moon!

I noticed there was no mention of NU in his list of schools, but also noticed that interview was from last July, so I assume we have made some progress with him since then. What a huge score this kid would be.