WR Nyan Boateng

Benard

boateng will be a husker

This is from the chat w/Tom Lemming today:

Nyan Boateng: Right now it's between those two schools (Nu/Florida). Both have great coaching staffs. I'm leaning more towards Florida at the moment. But I'm going to announce on Saturday. I felt very comfortable at Florida. I loved Nebraska but I just wasn't as comfortable around the players.

He did say that his friends being at NU played a part in his decision, but will still do whats best for him. He also said he talked to Bill Donavan and he is excited about the possibility of him playing b-ball at Florida.

Guess we will see what happens on Sat

• 1 year later...

UF Receiver Stabbed, Suspended

By ANDY STAPLES The Tampa Tribune

Published: Nov 6, 2006

TBO.com Site Search | Tribune archive from 1990

GAINESVILLE – University of Florida receiver Nyan Boateng has been suspended indefinitely after being stabbed in the leg during a fight with a female student at a campus dorm Sunday, according to university police.

According to a release issued Monday by UF police, Shawna-Kay Peterkin stabbed Boateng with a small knife at about 3:50 p.m. Sunday. Boateng “suffered a minor wound and refused treatment by EMS personnel on the scene,” according to the UPD release. Neither Peterkin nor Boateng would press charges against the other, and the case was referred to UF’s judicial affairs division.

UPD spokesman Capt. Jeff Holcomb said that if charges had been sought, Boateng would have been charged with battery and Peterkin would have been charged with aggravated battery.

Boateng – a sophomore from Brooklyn, N.Y., who played high school basketball with Boston Celtic Sebastian Telfair and who counts rapper Jay-Z as a fan – hasn’t played since the Central Florida game Sept. 9. He had surgery Sept. 21 to repair damage to an ankle. He caught four passes for 77 yards as a freshman.

“Nyan has some issues he’s dealing with,” athletic department spokesman Steve McClain said Monday. “In the meantime, he will not participate in any team activities.”

Reporter Andy Staples can be reached at (352) 262-3719 or astaples@tampatrib.com.

UF Receiver Stabbed, Suspended

By ANDY STAPLES The Tampa Tribune

Published: Nov 6, 2006

TBO.com Site Search | Tribune archive from 1990

GAINESVILLE – University of Florida receiver Nyan Boateng has been suspended indefinitely after being stabbed in the leg during a fight with a female student at a campus dorm Sunday, according to university police.

“Nyan has some issues he’s dealing with,” athletic department spokesman Steve McClain said Monday. “In the meantime, he will not participate in any team activities.”

one of the those 'issues' is a steak knife in his thigh. good luck with that, d00d.