Huskers vent, get fired up in team meeting

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Being fired up doesn't make up for average talent and horrible coaching/game plans. 2008 can't get here fast enough. <_<

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick and tired of hearing about average talent? Suh bench presses over 500 pounds. When he was recruited, he was a top 50 player. I don't think he's average. Bowman average? Lucky average? We have some players on this team that a lot of other teams wanted. Just because the coaching staff has made these players look and feel average doesn't mean they are average.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

I appreciate your optimism.

Yawn...

I'm with Christian Peter on this one. The fact that you play for NEBRASKA makes this entire conversation of "getting fired up" unbelievable. If your ass wasn't burning red hot since January, you've got a problem bigger than the game and you don't belong on this team. Give me 11 medicore 2 stars who play like Blackshirts and I'll taken them, even if they screw up, over 11 superstars who play like zombies and screw up.

X

We've had 10 and 11 win seasons with teams loaded with 2-3 star recruits. Winning is an attitude, not a bench press.

You're right on the money :clap

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Being fired up doesn't make up for average talent and horrible coaching/game plans. 2008 can't get here fast enough. <_<

Is it just me or is anyone else getting sick and tired of hearing about average talent? Suh bench presses over 500 pounds. When he was recruited, he was a top 50 player. I don't think he's average. Bowman average? Lucky average? We have some players on this team that a lot of other teams wanted. Just because the coaching staff has made these players look and feel average doesn't mean they are average.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Everyone has been saying that this team has been lacking "FIRE" all year and now they are getting fired up in a meeting and nobody gives a sh#t... I dont get it.

Im glad they did this. MAYBE this will carry over to the game... Hopefully they found some vocal leaders in this meeting. I want to see someone getting vocal during the game and getting in everyones face.

If this doesnt carry over... :nutz

Everyone has been saying that this team has been lacking "FIRE" all year and now they are getting fired up in a meeting and nobody gives a sh#t... I dont get it.

Im glad they did this. MAYBE this will carry over to the game... Hopefully they found some vocal leaders in this meeting. I want to see someone getting vocal during the game and getting in everyones face.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thank you. I was thinking the exact samething.

i think Octo already tried that and got his ass benched!

i think Octo already tried that and got his ass benched!

I dont know why Octo got benched and im not going to speculate. I will let the know-it-alls do that.

I didnt see Octo trying to fire up the team... I didnt see him being any kind of leader for his teamates... I havent seen anyone do that!! This team NEEDS leaders! They need to come together and play as a team!

Yelling at your coach isnt going to help anything(If that is what he actually did).

I want to see someone on the field jumping up and down,punching himself in the head, and making plays!!!

They need somebody to get on their asses and get them all pumped up!!

Im hopeful that they found some leaders in this meeting. Its got to start somewhere...

I want to see more of this :bonez:bonez:box and no more of this :wacko::dunno:nutz

Yawn...

I'm with Christian Peter on this one. The fact that you play for NEBRASKA makes this entire conversation of "getting fired up" unbelievable. If your ass wasn't burning red hot since January, you've got a problem bigger than the game and you don't belong on this team. Give me 11 medicore 2 stars who play like Blackshirts and I'll taken them, even if they screw up, over 11 superstars who play like zombies and screw up.

X

this team has NO leadership(coaches aND PLAYERS)I dont know who it is, but there are some players that are dragging us down. I'm hoping they are gone this year. sometimes its addition by subtraction

maybe this doesn't have to do with what WE think. Do you maybe think this private meeting was supposed to be between the players and coaches.? It isn't like they paraded in the streets holding hands. I'm getting a little tired of all this stuff. Every time a player or coach has a positive thing to say we drive it into the ground. They know more about the state of the program than we do, and while this is a message board where we are free to state our own opinions, can we please try to get over this "we suck" mentality? I'm not claiming this sunshine pumping will help, but can we at least give the players some respect for stating their own claims. We weren't there, and we don't know what was said.

:yeah:cheers