Do we really want to win the North?

Obviously, we all want to defend our Big XII north title. But at the same time, the way we are playing, would anybody really want to face off against Oklahoma? I just think that if we were to get to San Antonio, we would get beat like CU did by Texas a couple years ago (70-3), and the last thing this program needs is another embarrassing drubbing. I don't know, just a thought. Obviously I hope we do well in conference play, but I'm almost hoping that MU keeps going so we don't have to get killed by OU.

It's sad to think that this is what has become of the Big Red. Hoping to avoid blowout losses.

After the way we played Saturday, hell yeah I'd take winning the North as long as it didn't mean every other North team self destructed. Winning the North would mean we turned this motha around. If that's the case, I think we'd stand our best chance against OU. We have the athletes to play with anyone. If we win the North, I'd say we have a decent chance of winning the Big 12. However, all of this is subjective because I think the chance of us winning the Big 12 with our play is slim to none!

Everybody that is wishing for losses should probably just step away from the computer and go back to masturbating.

I hope we win the North. I hope we win the Big XII. I hope that by some bizarre miracle, this coaching staff figures it out and the players start acting like they've seen a football field before. We looked forward to this season for 9 months. Are you really abandoning it after 5 weeks? The 'Skers look like idiots out on the field, but it's not like we've gone and lost to Baylor or something. Mizzou has an extremely tough schedule coming up, and we still have to play K State, Kansas, and Colorado. I hope we win all those games, despite how many times I have been let down. Is there really any point in wishing for anything else?

I'm just focusing on the next game.

I love this answer...... its not like It matter who a fan focuses on. now if the players or the coaches are looking ahead, thats a problem. but outside of making noise on Saturday, our focus has NO effect on the outcome.

What we're not part of the team? <_< Man you should have seen how focused I was for the USC game. :thumbs

As far as the original question goes...........................YES

I love this answer...... its not like It matter who a fan focuses on. now if the players or the coaches are looking ahead, thats a problem. but outside of making noise on Saturday, our focus has NO effect on the outcome.

Some people may not get much out of speculating about something that's way down the road any more than some don't see the point of obsessive ranting and raving about what's already history. Nothing wrong with preferring to discuss next week's game rather than what may or may not ever be, or what nobody can change.

Maybe they mean getting their lucky shirt cleaned and planning to take the same route that they took that one day for a big win in 94 to the stadium. Practicing their GO BIG RED, DEFENSE and HUSKER POWER chants in their garage. Plus all the other superstitions people have to get ready for a game. ;)

What we're not part of the team? <_< Man you should have seen how focused I was for the USC game. :thumbs

As far as the original question goes...........................YES

And the rumor going around is that you lacked focus. :lol:

Everybody that is wishing for losses should probably just step away from the computer and go back to masturbating.

I hope we win the North. I hope we win the Big XII. I hope that by some bizarre miracle, this coaching staff figures it out and the players start acting like they've seen a football field before. We looked forward to this season for 9 months. Are you really abandoning it after 5 weeks? The 'Skers look like idiots out on the field, but it's not like we've gone and lost to Baylor or something. Mizzou has an extremely tough schedule coming up, and we still have to play K State, Kansas, and Colorado. I hope we win all those games, despite how many times I have been let down. Is there really any point in wishing for anything else?

Now thats something that takes focus.

I'm focusing on our next NC game that will be played against Central Florida.

Obviously, we all want to defend our Big XII north title. But at the same time, the way we are playing, would anybody really want to face off against Oklahoma? I just think that if we were to get to San Antonio, we would get beat like CU did by Texas a couple years ago (70-3), and the last thing this program needs is another embarrassing drubbing. I don't know, just a thought. Obviously I hope we do well in conference play, but I'm almost hoping that MU keeps going so we don't have to get killed by OU.

It's sad to think that this is what has become of the Big Red. Hoping to avoid blowout losses.

Your question seemed to get derailed.. a bit. My answer would be, without hesitation or doubt, "Yes. I want the Huskers to win the North." OU is definately tough, but even the South winner is not a given. Texas has two losses and OU is one loss away from matching that. I always want the Huskers to be the best, play against the best, and beat the best. If the Huskers win the North, instead of thinking of possible blow-out loss in the CCG, I would think they have a good chance to win. Because something would mean that between today and the final game, the coaches and the team somehow "get it" and did something very good to win it. Regardless of how I feel about the coaches, my answer will always be Yes.