HUGE Rumor

I'd crap myself if Gill became the head coach. No f'ing way. We'd be AWFUL.

:yeah

All of my connections (mostly players back in the 93-96 season when I was in college) tell me that Turner Gill would make us all want Blazin Billy back. They claim he was the laziest coach on the staff. He was the last to show up for practice and the first to leave. I don't think I can back Turner in this situation. I don't want him coming "home".

Everyone here seems to love polls, so I'd love to see a poll on how many people actually think TO would take the job as AD? I don't think he would after Pud stomped on his hand picked replacement for the football program.

I'm sure the Board of Regents and the big money boosters have some raised eyebrows right about now, but I'd be surprised if they were calling for a regime change this early. These guys got a lot of money by being smart. I can't think they'd be willing to throw so much of it away after Pud give the extension.

IMO, a few sacrificial lambs will be parted with this off season. Whether Cozworthless is one of them or not remains to be seen. BC will get a couple of more years probably at least 3 to get his crap together. If we continue down the path taken so far, BC will get the axe.

Saw this on another board, the guy says he's from Tulsa, OK, and heard it on a radio show...

Dave Sittler, from Hebron, NE and the OWH is THE sports editor for the local paper - he was on this morning's radio sports program discussing the mess in Nebraska.

Supposedly, his sources have informed him that many of the "BIG MONEY" people have already informed the 'powers that be' at the University that changes HAVE TO BE MADE or the money drys up-!!

He also said that those same sources are wanting either Tom Osborne or Dave Remington as AD. Sittler thinks (as many of us do) that Turner Gill would be the most logical replacement for Callahan.

He and the sports jock both agreed that something has to be done ASAP or Nebraska may never again be able attract the kind of players it was used to during the Devaney / Osborne years-!!

Interesting, no?

I don't think TO should be AD. He did great things here, but I just can't see him that great of an AD. Someone else mentioned Alvarez, which to me seems like a more logical choice. Don't know why though, just a gut thing.

All of my connections (mostly players back in the 93-96 season when I was in college) tell me that Turner Gill would make us all want Blazin Billy back. They claim he was the laziest coach on the staff. He was the last to show up for practice and the first to leave. I don't think I can back Turner in this situation. I don't want him coming "home".

Everyone here seems to love polls, so I'd love to see a poll on how many people actually think TO would take the job as AD? I don't think he would after Pud stomped on his hand picked replacement for the football program.

I'm sure the Board of Regents and the big money boosters have some raised eyebrows right about now, but I'd be surprised if they were calling for a regime change this early. These guys got a lot of money by being smart. I can't think they'd be willing to throw so much of it away after Pud give the extension.

IMO, a few sacrificial lambs will be parted with this off season. Whether Cozworthless is one of them or not remains to be seen. BC will get a couple of more years probably at least 3 to get his crap together. If we continue down the path taken so far, BC will get the axe.

So you two would be in the camp that kept bringing up how good BC was and how he wasnt given a fair chance?

So you two would be in the camp that kept bringing up how good BC was and how he wasnt given a fair chance?

Umm, no I wouldn't be one of BC's backers. I've never really been in his camp. However, I cannot support bringing in someone who could potentially be worse than what we have right now. I think we've already been down this path. While Solich wasn't great, yes I do think he was better than what we have now. I don't want to stair step down until we hit rock bottom. I think Turner Gill would not be a good HC for NU. I think we would actually end up being worse 4 years from now if he would become HC for the 08 season and beyond.

Saw this on another board, the guy says he's from Tulsa, OK, and heard it on a radio show...

Dave Sittler, from Hebron, NE and the OWH is THE sports editor for the local paper - he was on this morning's radio sports program discussing the mess in Nebraska.

Supposedly, his sources have informed him that many of the "BIG MONEY" people have already informed the 'powers that be' at the University that changes HAVE TO BE MADE or the money drys up-!!

He also said that those same sources are wanting either Tom Osborne or Dave Remington as AD. Sittler thinks (as many of us do) that Turner Gill would be the most logical replacement for Callahan.

He and the sports jock both agreed that something has to be done ASAP or Nebraska may never again be able attract the kind of players it was used to during the Devaney / Osborne years-!!

Interesting, no?

I don't think TO should be AD. He did great things here, but I just can't see him that great of an AD. Someone else mentioned Alvarez, which to me seems like a more logical choice. Don't know why though, just a gut thing.

I saw the same thing and thought to myself "Just do it, already!!!!!" If anyone still wants Pud around we can keep him for volleyball, baseball, and whatever. Football insight doesn't seem to be his best quality or interest.