Attention Husker Fans Going to the Game Saturday

Attention Husker Fans:

I've been just as frustrated and disappointed in this season as anyone else in Husker Nation. I witnessed first-hand the embarrassing losses to USC and Mizzou. I, myself, have been ranting and raving about what needs to be done in order to right the ship. We have all had our opinions about the players, coaches, and our brain-dead AD. We are asking for the players and coaches to show emotion and passion and carry on the great tradition of Nebraska football. But have we, as Husker Nation, asked ourselves to improve as well with our emotion and passion???? This Saturday we have an opportunity to help the Huskers turn this season around. The 1997 Championship team will be honored before the game, and as we think back to the great memories we all share from our Decade of Dominance, I challenge each and every one of you who are going to be at the game to be the loudest and most supportive fans that you can be for our current team. This team needs an emotional lift, and we have to feel obligated to provide that spark of emotional aggression!!!! As Matt Davison said, defense is all about attitude, and the Blackshirts can feed off of the crowd, good or bad. I personally witnessed last week how a terrible defense (Mizzou) can feed off of an electric crowd, and play out of their minds. On Saturday, we need to fully unleash our pent-up frustration onto the OSU offense every time they take the field, rather than over a message board. Let's show our players that in spite of what we think about our present coaches and AD, we still care deeply about Nebraska football and playing a part in winning football games. For any "blue hairs" or any other jacka$$ who is just going to come to the game to whine, sell your ticket to a "true" fan that will yell his or her a$$ off to help the Huskers win on Saturday.

We have all become spoiled by the winning tradition set over the last several decades. Rather than show up to the Stadium wondering if the sky is going to fall, let's fight back and help turn the tide back to the winning tradition that we all desparately want back!!!! GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get what you're saying, but how are we gonna get the Texass fans to whisper sweet nothings into their ear when they're playing down in Austin? IMO, if the players are even hearing the crowd they're not playing nearly hard enough. If they don't have any better focus than that, well then the proof is in the pudding!

You're missing the point, junior. This poster is right. The fans can complain all day long (I know I do)about our current situation, but if we fans become mediocre, then we are no better than the coaches and AD's we despise. Plus, ask yourself this question: If you're so sure that it's the coaches that are screwing up these 20-year-old boys, then why would you ever consider booing them? Is it really their fault? Just go to the games and cheer your a$$es off, and live up to they hype of being the best fans in the world. Our athletes deserve at least that (God know they've been lied to about everything else by their inept coaches).

I don't boo, but then again I won't be going to any games either. The poster suggests the "blue hairs" sell their tickets to someone who will yell, but what he/she forgets is that these older people are the ones with big fat checking accounts that write big fat checks to support this program. If we continue to see what we've been shown so far, he/she will get their wish. The money dries up, the program falters miserably. It takes big bucks to keep a well oiled machine like Husker Football alive and well. However, those said donors expect that well oiled machine to actually perform!

Most of the booing I heard during the Ball State game was coming from the student section. I will grant you that it was coming from all over the stadium, but it was loudest from the eastern part of south stadium.

Now, I hope and pray it doesn't happen, but if Okie State comes out and scores the first two times they touch the ball, people in Hastings will be able to hear the boos coming from Memorial Stadium.

It's a simple fact, most of Husker Nation is pissed off and that may be the only way they can do to voice their frustration to the coaches, players and administration.

I don't boo, but then again I won't be going to any games either. The poster suggests the "blue hairs" sell their tickets to someone who will yell, but what he/she forgets is that these older people are the ones with big fat checking accounts that write big fat checks to support this program. If we continue to see what we've been shown so far, he/she will get their wish. The money dries up, the program falters miserably. It takes big bucks to keep a well oiled machine like Husker Football alive and well. However, those said donors expect that well oiled machine to actually perform!

That's a lame argument about the "blue hairs". Do yourself a favor and watch some games this weekend where you see an emotionally-charged atmosphere. How many "blue hairs" do you see at these games? How many were at LSU last weekend against Florida? And, I bet LSU isn't hurting for booster donations right now. I didn't see many "blue hairs" in Columbia last weekend as well, and I bet their AD Dept is seeing an increase in donations right about now. Boosters write checks when their teams succeed and support the direction of the Athletic Dept, not whether or not they are sitting at a game.

I'm just saying that Husker Nation needs to take all of our pent-up frustration to the game tomorrow, and channel it by yelling our a$$es of to spark some enthusiasm and life into this program!

While my argument may seem "lame" to you, do yourself a favor and do some research on economics. See which generation of people hold the most money. The ones yelling their head off (25-40 year olds mostly) hold the most debt while the "blue hairs" (65-80 year olds mostly) yell the least but hold the least debt. Big boosters aren't young people known for yelling their heads off. What is lame is the fact that I have to point this out. I cringe when I hear the term "blue hair" because they are the ones making this program possible!

While my argument may seem "lame" to you, do yourself a favor and do some research on economics. See which generation of people hold the most money. The ones yelling their head off (25-40 year olds mostly) hold the most debt while the "blue hairs" (65-80 year olds mostly) yell the least but hold the least debt. Big boosters aren't young people known for yelling their heads off. What is lame is the fact that I have to point this out. I cringe when I hear the term "blue hair" because they are the ones making this program possible!

I dont give a sh#t who has the money!! I went to a game last yr and there was an old lady knitting a freakin sweater during the game. Not one peep out of her the entire game. The way I see it she is taking up space! There are plenty of people around that would love to have those seats.I dont care what you say... We all make this program possible not just the blue hairs.

There are "blue hairs" out there that have given more money than you'll make in the next 5 years. They do count, and they do count a little more than you or I. Back in the glory days, the stadium was almost empty in the 2nd half. We were all leaving right after halftime for parties because we were up so much. I didn't see anyone bitching then. Husker football isn't a democracy. Those with the deep pockets are higher priority than you or I. Calling out the "blue hairs" is well nothing more than naive at best!

There are "blue hairs" out there that have given more money than you'll make in the next 5 years. They do count, and they do count a little more than you or I. Back in the glory days, the stadium was almost empty in the 2nd half. We were all leaving right after halftime for parties because we were up so much. I didn't see anyone bitching then. Husker football isn't a democracy. Those with the deep pockets are higher priority than you or I. Calling out the "blue hairs" is well nothing more than naive at best!

We are the next generation of "deep pockets." Im just as important as these people! I dont care what you say! :box

Calling out any fan (regardless of the size of his/her wallet) is well nothing more than naive at best

No, you are a POTENTIAL next generation of deep pockets. Always take the bird in hand over the two in the bush. It's simply economics. Life is about glad handing those who can give you the most while not severing ties with those that potentially could be there down the road. The last thing this administration needs to do is damage ties with the so called "blue hairs" because some POTENTIAL next generation deep pocket is a little pissed about them not cheering up to their so called potential. If the money dries up today, who really gives a sh#t if you give money to something that isn't there in 20 years? It's like winning the lottery the year after it's outlawed!