Post Game quotes

Here are some of the post-game quotes from Oklahoma State's 45-14 whipping of Nebraska.

Husker coach Bill Callahan faced some tough questions after the game.

On if he feels his job is in jeopardy:

"I'm not worried about that. I'm just coaching for these kids, and that's why I got into this. I just feel terrible for these players. It just hurts to watch these kids hurt. I'm not worried about my job. I'm just going to do the best I can. Whatever happens, happens. I don't think you can coach in fear or coach like you're scared of something. I've never coached like that in my life. I've been in this business for 30 years, and I sure as hell ain't going to start now, that's for sure."

On if he's lost the team:

"I don't think so. I thought the way (we) came back in the second half was pretty indicative of their efforts. I thought (we) came back and competed. I thought (we) ran the ball better. We were getting a rhythm in the second half. We came up on the short end in some short yardage situations throughout the day, but aside from that, I just feel bad for these players. They're great kids. They work hard. I just want to produce a better result. That's the bottom line."

On what was said in the locker room, down 38-0 at halftime:

"We just wanted to be patient in the respect that I sensed the kids were a little tense, a little nervous. We got into our first third-down situation, and we drop the ball. I saw us commit a penalty on a first down. I saw some things that were uncharacteristic of our play, especially the penalties in the first half and the first quarter. That had a real effect. I was concerned at that point that our guys were pressing a little bit and were a little tense. I just wanted to calm them down and be patient. That's why we're trying to run the ball, especially in the early downs."

On if it's possible to get this thing back on track:

"There's always hope. It starts again tomorrow, and it goes through the week in our preparation for A&M. No one's going to feel sorry for us. We have to go back and fix it to the best of our ability and go back on the field and compete next Saturday against A&M."

Quarterback Sam Keller said guys are "confused" and "angry".

“I get a feeling that guys are hurting and they want this corrected. They want everything to be okay. It’s not that easy, when you’re hurting inside so bad," Keller said. "I know some guys are just searching for what’s going wrong. Some guys are confused or angry, but a lot of guys, myself included, don’t really know how to deal with this kind of situation and the weight of this situation.”

Linebacker Bo Ruud shook his head in disgust while talking about the team's play in the first half.

“That first half was just horrible," Ruud said. "It was the worst half I can ever remember playing, especially in a first half. That was just terrible. There’s no excuse for that. It was just poor.”

It sounds like BC knows the end is near. I wonder if he was warned before this week that another poor performance would mean his head? I think he sees the writing on the wall.

It sounds like BC knows the end is near. I wonder if he was warned before this week that another poor performance would mean his head? I think he sees the writing on the wall.

Agreed. He knows he is gone and maybe he is okay with that knowing he is gonna get paid either way. If he gave a crap he would have tried to come back in the second half instead of trying to get a few frosh some playing time at running back.

A positive. We hire the right coach for next year we will have some decent talent to work with.

Here are some of the post-game quotes from Oklahoma State's 45-14 whipping of Nebraska.

"I'm not worried about that. I'm just coaching for these kids, and that's why I got into this. I just feel terrible for these players. It just hurts to watch these kids hurt. I'm not worried about my job. I'm just going to do the best I can. Whatever happens, happens. I don't think you can coach in fear or coach like you're scared of something. I've never coached like that in my life. I've been in this business for 30 years, and I sure as hell ain't going to start now, that's for sure."

Does the writing say F**K OFF!

Does the writing say F**K OFF!

:rollin I wish it did

"I'm not worried about that.

Really? You're not?!? Oh yeah, you're getting paid millions. Who cares, right? :angry:

this guy is a politician in waiting. He dodges every question he is asked. He is full of (you know) up to his eyeballs. After he gets fired i think he has a great future ahead of him in politics

YOu should have head-butted him and spit.

what can i say that picture was taken at the peak of his career. Fan day last year fresh off the alamo bowl win. Back then i had false hope that he could possibly take us back to the promised land

this guy is a politician in waiting. He dodges every question he is asked. He is full of (you know) up to his eyeballs. After he gets fired i think he has a great future ahead of him in politics

YOu should have head-butted him and spit.

what can i say that picture was taken at the peak of his career. Fan day last year fresh off the alamo bowl win. Back then i had false hope that he could possibly take us back to the promised land

I understand. we all had false hope

Agreed. He knows he is gone and maybe he is okay with that knowing he is gonna get paid either way. If he gave a crap he would have tried to come back in the second half instead of trying to get a few frosh some playing time at running back.

A positive. We hire the right coach for next year we will have some decent talent to work with.

I don't want to call you out, but the last time bc tried to come back we got shelled like 70 to 14. The game was over at half. No way we're coming back with our porous D. The upperclassmen had laid down and asked for it over and over again. You might as well play the young blood especially after they'd had their redshirts burnt against Nevada. If you really think we could have come back in the 2nd half, I have some ocean front property here in SW Nebraska for sale!