VOTE NO FOR T.GILL

I'm flat out sick of the T.Gill talk. There is no way this guy could handle a program of Nebraska's magnitude. Think about this for a second: the guy is 5-16 in two years. Give him another 5-10 years and he may catch on - but not yet - and definitely not at NU. I believe in tradition - and I believe we need somebody who understands that - but not him. We need a REAL coach. We need a young guy.

GO BIG RED

Turner Gill is making progress at Buffalo 5 wins in 2 seasons, and it's not even the end of his 2nd season there? Well believe it or not 5 wins equals the total # of wins that Buffalo had the previous 4 years before Turner got there, that is a great turnaround when considering he is playing with few to no players that he has recruited! He is helping that program immensely! He is READY to come home!

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rollin

I'm flat out sick of the T.Gill talk. There is no way this guy could handle a program of Nebraska's magnitude. Think about this for a second: the guy is 5-16 in two years. Give him another 5-10 years and he may catch on - but not yet - and definitely not at NU. I believe in tradition - and I believe we need somebody who understands that - but not him. We need a REAL coach. We need a young guy.

I vote JEFF TOMLIN from Grand Island HS.

He has turned this team from a mediocre doormat to a Top 5 Class A team.

Jeff has the ability to look guys in the eye and tell them where they are at as a player and as a person. He has the most fire I've ever seen on a sideline.

He's got what we need. Plus he is an unknown who could definitely prove his metal.

I know it's a big jump from HS to College - but - he could do it.

GO BIG RED

Turner Gill is making progress at Buffalo 5 wins in 2 seasons, and it's not even the end of his 2nd season there? Well believe it or not 5 wins equals the total # of wins that Buffalo had the previous 4 years before Turner got there, that is a great turnaround when considering he is playing with few to no players that he has recruited! He is helping that program immensely! He is READY to come home!

Gill is 3-4. I just don't get just because you are a former Husker player that automatically gives one the right to be a HC here. Like other's have stated....OU tried it with Blake and it backfired as well. Gill is not the answer!

Jeff has the ability to look guys in the eye and tell them where they are at as a player and as a person. He has the most fire I've ever seen on a sideline.

He's got what we need. Plus he is an unknown who could definitely prove his metal.

GO BIG RED

Give me a break - a HS coach going to come in and be head coach of Nebraska. That is the worst idea I've ever heard of. Maybe bring him in as an assistant first.

GO BIG RED

urine idiot...

GO BIG RED

I'm not a big fan of bringing gill in either as a head coach. I also believe he needs a few more years in the MAC. But to say he is not ready for big time college football but some high school coach out in grand island is? THATS RIDICULOUS

GO BIG RED

This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. I agree that Coach Gill is not the right guy now. But a Nebraska high school coach? What are you 10 years old

GO BIG RED

This is the dumbest thing that I have ever heard. I agree that Coach Gill is not the right guy now. But a Nebraska high school coach? What are you 10 years old

According to his profile he's twelve <_<

Trust me, you don't want to bring a high school coach to college. Takes time. Down here in Texas, Southlake Carroll High School has been a juggernaut for years. They have been ranked No. 1 in the country (but recently lost to school in miami). Their coach was Todd Dodge. He left for the University of North Texas. I know it is the first year, but good grief they are losing big time. Thing is, he looks like he is in over his head. And it's NORTH TEXAS!!!

I personally know Turner Gill, I believe he is a good coach, but he needs more experience. Give him an assistant position and groom him.

I agree tunner gill is not the right guy bu I would like to see some old school huskers somewhere on the staff to help rebuild the mindset if the players don't have the right mindset the project will just fail again. I would like to see one of the peter bros. not has a head coach but just a part of the team the huskers need that mindset

Its obvious we need a change and to restore tradition but limitting this search to a former player isn't necesary.

I too think this job is too big for Gill, or a high school coach.

Also, the idea that we need to go back to the option is silly. Silly like this:

I heard there are child predators on the internet so we better go back to snail mail.

I heard someone wrecked a car so we better go back top horses

Not saying we keep the WCO but passing will be a must. Also not saying we should run no option. I saw LSY run it several times against Florida. We need a college offense.

Was it the option that won us those NC's? I think it was the defense!

GO BIG RED

urine idiot...

Name calling is prohibited on HuskerBoard. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your warning level has been increased. A second violation will result in a temporary ban. A third violation will result in a permanet ban.

Attack the post - not the poster.