Some inside Information...

foote_21

No, but we are just hoping for something good to come out all this. I think firing the coaches now would be bad. Firing SP now and inserting someone like, uh, I don't know, Tom Osborne, could get the guys fired up again and play the kind of ball they are capable of. I was very optimistic before the season because the D was loaded with guys that were stepping up and would be as good and the four that left for the NFL. I know, I am TOO Optimistic when it comes to good news coming out of Husker Fall Camp. I think these guys can play and I think they are not trying because of SP, BC, or Coz, or all three. Get SP out and give TO access to the players and he can describe to these guys what it means to be a Husker and get their blood boiling and they would win out the rest of the regular season. Then we sh!t can BC and most of his staff. Their are some good coaches on this staff.

it's obvious Husker Nation is pissed...and I'm sure the power to be are expressing their disgust to SP and University. But really I don't see anyone up there jumping the gun after 7 games. Everyone will probably want to wait and see how the season finishes out.

Let's just be the fans that we are and root for our team every week. A&M is up next and I'm excited to get up to Lincoln to see it!

I say we should do what we need to do to get this thing fixed. That's what good fans do. Don't just take this sitting down, do something to get it fixed. :madash

No, but we are just hoping for something good to come out all this. I think firing the coaches now would be bad. Firing SP now and inserting someone like, uh, I don't know, Tom Osborne, could get the guys fired up again and play the kind of ball they are capable of. I was very optimistic before the season because the D was loaded with guys that were stepping up and would be as good and the four that left for the NFL. I know, I am TOO Optimistic when it comes to good news coming out of Husker Fall Camp. I think these guys can play and I think they are not trying because of SP, BC, or Coz, or all three. Get SP out and give TO access to the players and he can describe to these guys what it means to be a Husker and get their blood boiling and they would win out the rest of the regular season. Then we sh!t can BC and most of his staff. Their are some good coaches on this staff.

Not to be a downer, but wasn't that tried for the last game? I don't know what's wrong and I sure as hell have no good idea on to fix it, but I think it'll take more than pep talks to get these players going again. Some where along the path they lost faith in the coaches, their team mates and themselves. It's almost kind of sad.

No magic speech or other movie-scene like scenario will help. Ever.

I will never understand where people come up with this stuff.

it's obvious Husker Nation is pissed...and I'm sure the power to be are expressing their disgust to SP and University. But really I don't see anyone up there jumping the gun after 7 games. Everyone will probably want to wait and see how the season finishes out.

Let's just be the fans that we are and root for our team every week. A&M is up next and I'm excited to get up to Lincoln to see it!

Many of the big money people behind this program have been pissed for more then just 7 games, many have been pissed for the last four years. Do you realize that we have only lost to Mizzou I believe 3 times in the last 30 years and 2 of them have been to Callahan teams, and yesterday's game was the worst home loss in I believe 50 years. So this isn't just about the last seven games.

They get it from magic speeches and movie-scene like scenarios. :)

They get it from magic speeches and movie-scene like scenarios. :)

Yeah, what he said. Have you ever played Football or any other TEAM sport. If you don't want to play, you get beat, unless we're playing Ball State. Danny Nee's guys did the same thing to him, then banded together and won the NIT. They hated him. It is ALL about WANT TO...

exactly. like tom osborne is some sort of faith healer and all he's got to do is slam Ruud on the forehead with his palm and shout, "BAD TACKLING, I CAST YE OUT!!!" and magically the defense is going to unsuck?

You are right, they do not fix the problem. They might just however reach these kids and allow them to fix what they can. I am not saying we should have a "Gipper" speach and motivational speakers lined up. I am saying that it does not hurt to have someone like T.O. talk to these kids at a time like this because they are at a cross roads that some may not rebound from.

GBR

I agree that no one will "heal" this team. But at the same time I think some of the problem is there is no respect and unity.... and stuff like that come from coaches and administration. Look at Zach Bowman, a captain, removes his Blackshirt and no one follows. It's because there is no sense of of respect or authority. A team, especially a defense, has to work as a unit... and our defense does not function like a unit at all right now.

exactly. like tom osborne is some sort of faith healer and all he's got to do is slam Ruud on the forehead with his palm and shout, "BAD TACKLING, I CAST YE OUT!!!" and magically the defense is going to unsuck?

And what do you think happened with the D when it went from Sucking (ranked 56th) to 11th under a coaching change. IT was because those guys believed in the coach.

Don't know why I bother responding to a HACK that obviously sits on his butt all day replying to postings on message boards. I come here once a week to see what everybody thinks. THEN I GO BACK TO LIVING... Get a life.