The Latest From My Source

Yeah, there's really no evidence of the boosters running the program. Perlman stated quite clearly none of the regents or boosters have talked to him directly about this. He listed plenty of reasons why Pederson wasn't working out. I have no doubt people with big money getting more and more uneasy about the direction of the football program played a role, but there simply isn't any evidence it was the deciding factor or even the biggest one.

You know, I find Perlman;'s remarks troubling in that he stated he asked for comments this sumer while they were renewing Pedersen's contract and only 2 members of the Athletic dept responded. If so why did he let the extension go through? If Perlman is n't fired he should resign by the end of the year. He's a big part of all these troubles.

Well I guess next on the list now is Callahan. He probably already knows he's fired so he probably won't even care the rest of the year. We'll see if they can even a win another game.

I think he will/does care. He will want another job after this one.

I agree with you Redman, I think Cally cares deeply for these kids and he has all the best intentions. I just don't think he has the HC skills needed to succeed though and that he is good as an assistant or coordinator so that he can concentrate on his one area he's good at. I wish Cally and his family the best in there future for whatever that may bring, and everyone please remember that he has a family just like the rest of us and to respect that.

:bonez

Yeah, there's really no evidence of the boosters running the program. Perlman stated quite clearly none of the regents or boosters have talked to him directly about this. He listed plenty of reasons why Pederson wasn't working out. I have no doubt people with big money getting more and more uneasy about the direction of the football program played a role, but there simply isn't any evidence it was the deciding factor or even the biggest one.

You know, I find Perlman;'s remarks troubling in that he stated he asked for comments this sumer while they were renewing Pedersen's contract and only 2 members of the Athletic dept responded. If so why did he let the extension go through? If Perlman is n't fired he should resign by the end of the year. He's a big part of all these troubles.

What I find interesting is how Perlman said he wasn't the one that should do any of the hiring or firing when asked if there would be additional changes made. I find this very interesting as he was very much involved when Solich was fired and totally backed Pudthankgoodnessgonenocker! I don't trust this man, and I think the boosters do in fact now run the program. Whether this is good or bad, I don't know with regards to the boosters but Perlman is nothing more than a yes man. Money talks and bull walks. Perlman is caving into the money. I have a feeling this is why Pelini's name keeps coming up. The only real viable options at returning some of the Husker family stem from Gill, Pelini, and Barney Cotton. IMO, the boosters want someone from the perceived family back even though they might have only been here 1 year. I'm 90% satisfied with what happened today. The other 10% would have been achieved if Perlman would have been shown the door as well.

I'm glad you don't make the decisions. Perlman has many duties at UNL, and he is very good for the university. Getting rid of Perlman (which won't happen) because of this would hurt the university in more ways than I'm guessing you can imagine...most of which are, shockingly, more important than football.

I'm glad you don't make the decisions. Perlman has many duties at UNL, and he is very good for the university. Getting rid of Perlman (which won't happen) because of this would hurt the university in more ways than I'm guessing you can imagine...most of which are, shockingly, more important than football.

Definitely. Chancellors careers are NEVER judged by sports nor are they judged on hiring ADs. This is a responsibility most nerdy a$$ chancellors/presidents don't want to deal with and usually outsource to agencies.

More:

"The big donors of Omaha gave a $40 million dollar package to buy everyone out. Callahan will stay through the season until the new Athletic Director, Tom Osborne, with the help of Dave Rimington finds a new one.

Harvey Perlman's office will release something later today...."

40 Million uh, I doubt that SP, BC, KC, and DW made 40 million.

The paper says the sp will get 2.2 million so theres another 37+ million between those three coaches, I have a hard time seeing that.

i maybe wrong but i dont think that the assistant coaches have the same type of contract as Callahan. I think they are more of a year to year thing.

i thought that i read somewhere that callahan would get around $700,000 a year if NU bought out his contract, which would mean that he would get about 3.5 mil, but i thought that his contract had a no buy out clause in it also.

only the agent and NU's lawyers will know the answer to that one