Pelini to ATM?

rkhufu7

Before it started looking like BC would be gone I had Bo pegged for the ATM job. The latest rumor is Tuberville but I can see them going after Bo, or how about Bo to Auburn if Tuberville goes to ATM?

I think Bo would like the poetic justice of returning to Neb after his nemesis pedey got canned.

If LSU's D finishes strong I see Bo getting a nice offer from somebody after this season.

we have very deep pockets.....

we will get tuberville

You may have very deep pockets but ours are as deep as the ocean when we have 2 billionaires as boosters and Husker fans. Why do you think they can just write a $40 million check and not think twice about it??

We can pay whatever we want to get Pelini if thats the best choice.

Nebraska has more winning tradition than A&M + 1 NEBRASKA

But more pressure to win championships. -1 NEBRASKA

Bo has history with Nebraska +2 NEBRASKA

Would have to recruit outside of state at Nebraska than A&M -1 NEBRASKA

A&M could probably pay more +1 A&M

A&M probably has better facilities +1 A&M

A&M closer to major recruiting areas +1 A&M

The area aroud A&M (Hill Country, Brazos River, Corpus Christi ) is more appealing than Nebraska +1 A&M

Where would his wife like best ?

NEBRASKA + 1

A&M + 4

I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO HIS OWN PERSONAL PREFRENCE - THOUGH ON PAPER A&M HAS MORE ADVANTAGES

This is silly. You've double counted recruiting. And both your "probably"s are wrong. UNL has deper pockets, and we dont have to pay as much to buy out BC as you do to buy out Fran (unless the Booster scandal gets you out of it, even if it does I still think we have deeper pockets) and as far as I know we have far superior facilities.

We will not have to pay fran all of his contract - the word is they are talking one year.

Please we have much more money to outbid you if we want to.

We have a brand new indoor practice facility, A newer stadium with nicer vip areas, a brand new athletic complex with video rooms, lounges, weight complex, study rooms ( Not needed at NU), etc etc etc

The recruiting was not double counted one was about the closeness the other was about out of state recruiting.

Not to say they are going after BO - I think if they can get Tuberville without a buyout penalty they might go that way.

Just friendly speculation.

Lets face it, its going to be Byrne VS Osborne for Pelini I still highly doubt you have deeper pockets its a matter of playing for tradition and a proven football powerhouse and Bo knows if hes Nebraska HC he'd be treated like a God, well JC next to Dr Tom

Scott

The area aroud A&M (Hill Country, Brazos River, Corpus Christi ) is more appealing than Nebraska +1 A&M

NEBRASKA + 1

A&M + 4

I THINK IT COMES DOWN TO HIS OWN PERSONAL PREFRENCE - THOUGH ON PAPER A&M HAS MORE ADVANTAGES

This is silly. You've double counted recruiting. And both your "probably"s are wrong. UNL has deper pockets, and we dont have to pay as much to buy out BC as you do to buy out Fran (unless the Booster scandal gets you out of it, even if it does I still think we have deeper pockets) and as far as I know we have far superior facilities.

We will not have to pay fran all of his contract - the word is they are talking one year.

We have a brand new indoor practice facility, A newer stadium with nicer vip areas, a brand new athletic complex with video rooms, lounges, weight complex, study rooms ( Not needed at NU), etc etc etc

The recruiting was not double counted one was about the closeness the other was about out of state recruiting.

Not to say they are going after BO - I think if they can get Tuberville without a buyout penalty they might go that way.

Lets face it, its going to be Byrne VS Osborne for Pelini I still highly doubt you have deeper pockets its a matter of playing for tradition and a proven football powerhouse and Bo knows if hes Nebraska HC he'd be treated like a God, well JC next to Dr Tom

Scott

Better facilities than nebraska?! Are you kidding me?! Universities such as A&M, Alabama, Notre Dame and more use Nebraska's facilities as model for building and renovating facilities!

:nutz

NEBRASKA + 1

A&M + 4

Study rooms (not needed) I just read that, why don't you go look up the number of Academic All Americans we've had at Nebraska. We've always had one of the highest graduation rates for athletes of any top school.

Do your homework before you made an idiotic statement like that on a message board. Maybe you guys should save your $$ for the GWB presidential library that 2 people a year will go to. Hope you check the spelling on the building though haha

The Aggies I'm sure have great facilities, but NU updated there's and they are supposed to be as good as any in the country. One thing you didn't mention is the game day atmosphere which the advantage probably goes to NU. Fan interest goes to NU. The Aggies have to compete with UT, UTT, among others. And Pelini should already know what to expect at NU, as far as the fan base and the university support. And it is already known that Pelini really liked Lincoln.

But we don't really know if T.O. would be interested in Pelini or not. Or if Pelini at this point and time would be interested in either one of those schools. Of course, if Callahan is able to significantly increase the intensity of the team in the remaining games, this may not be an issue at all. The same may be true with the Aggies if they perhaps lose only one more game. They probably won't beat OU, but they have had their share of success against UT.

Kyle Field is top 5 home field, and Aggies have top 3 endowments behind UT and Harvard. Rice, UT, ATM all have big money from oil and alumns. Swaying stands and the atmosphere and LOUD CROWD makes Aggie land the place to be if all you have is defense and you have the state of Texas for talent. UT hasn't always been on top of ATM. From 1984-1996 Aggies dominated UT, so that UT is the top school does not apply in Texas. There are load sof kids that want to play for the Aggies.

NEBRASKA + 1

A&M + 4

Study rooms (not needed) I just read that, why don't you go look up the number of Academic All Americans we've had at Nebraska. We've always had one of the highest graduation rates for athletes of any top school.

Do your homework before you made an idiotic statement like that on a message board. Maybe you guys should save your $$ for the GWB presidential library that 2 people a year will go to. Hope you check the spelling on the building though haha

I was wondering if someone would notice that, congrats.

Hey I was just tweeking you no real insult meant. But if you look at rankings of Universities you will find A&M is ranked higher than Nebraska but I am sure that Nebraska is a fine university.

NEBRASKA + 1

A&M + 4

I was wondering if someone would notice that, congrats.

Hey I was just tweeking you no real insult meant. But if you look at rankings of Universities you will find A&M is ranked higher than Nebraska but I am sure that Nebraska is a fine university.

And if you look at the number of academic all-americans you will find Nebraska higher than aTm

NU would certainly be a MUCH higher profile job. NU is the 4rth winningest team of all time, A&M is soewhat farther down that list...

He'd have a better chance of coaching heisman trophy candidates and so forth..NU recruits nationally so he'd have his fingers in everywhere. And unlike at A&M, he'd be pretty much the only game in town here.

Plus he's been here before and has already won most of the fan base over. I believe he would get a bigger paycheck here as well.

Of course it may not matter. He may not feel like he would be a good fit here. We'll have to see.