Just watched the press conference...

Just watched the entire TO press conference on the internet. Was it me or did Osborne have the demeanor of a father bailing his son out of jail? I know he has always been a calm person, but it just seems as though he's thinking "You got yourself into this mess, but I'll get you out of it".

I agree. I also think some in Husker nation feel that he is gonna come running out of the tunnel leading the team to victory. They are forgetting that football will not be the only thing on his agenda. He was hired as Interim AD not Head Coach! Yes I am overjoyed that Dr Tom is back with the University but I am also not Jaded that eventhough he will have the say so if and when a new coach is brought in, he won't be coaching the team, designing game plans, or leading the coaches meetings! Those days are over my friend....over.

I agree. I also think some in Husker nation feel that he is gonna come running out of the tunnel leading the team to victory. They are forgetting that football will not be the only thing on his agenda. He was hired as Interim AD not Head Coach! Yes I am overjoyed that Dr Tom is back with the University but I am also not Jaded that eventhough he will have the say so if and when a new coach is brought in, he won't be coaching the team, designing game plans, or leading the coaches meetings! Those days are over my friend....over.

I agree. Just because he is here doesn't mean things are going to automatically get better. It's going to take work.

I agree. Just because he is here doesn't mean things are going to automatically get better. It's going to take work.

:yeah

I thought he carried the demeanor of saying, "lets get through the season and make necessary changes in the off season". I also liked what he said about how it's going to take time. This means Osborne won't just go for the "Quick Fix".

Osborne does have that Father Figure look to him again. We saw that in 1995, and during the untimely death of Brook Berringer. I hope Tom Osborne stays at AD.

While I have no illusions that TO will become the permanent HC, it would not surprise me if he, indeed, leads the team onto the field one more time.

The man is older and certainly has higher priorities (family) than the Husker program. TO never showed his emotions, as I recall, in trying times in the past. Most or all of our posters remember the 1990's NC years, but there were some lean times, as NU football goes, earlier in TO's HCing career. The late 70's were tougher times and some near-miss NC in the 1980's had to be quite disappointing. TO probably had pressure and doubters in trying to measure up to the Bobfather.

TO, and maybe Nancy, are the only ones who know what TO is thinking right now.

If TO played poker, which I sincerely doubt, he would be one of the toughest reads out there.

BC better get his ship in shape and fast. BC will make some changes, if nothing else something to get the players enthused, and there will be only two people in on these discussions. If BC is smart, he will ask for TO's input. While I have been deeply critical of BC, maybe he just needs some guidance, but I truly think BC is a lost cause.

It must be extremely disappointing for him.

I was thinking that as I was watching him speak.

Doubt it.

Probably more like appreciating being more useful again.

Main reason he values teaching his class(s) I'd bet.

"The kids can't do it without me..I gotta bail them out again". (And add to my legend).