Osborne on Jim Rome Today!!!!

12:35PM !!! LISTEN THEN!!

Sorry guys living 3000 miles away and on a Government computer...it wont let me listen to streaming media /sigh. If anyone hears anything good please post it so us deprived people can hear the good/bad news.

Dr Tom spoke well about Pud (says he did good things for the AD). He also spoke about recruiting and making kids want to come to Nebraska. That was pretty much it. Jim Rome hyped up the walk on program and that he was always amazed about how well we did with it.

Always the Voice of Reason and Calm, Coach Tom told Rome that one of the big advantages of the walk-on program was that it allowed the team to get a lot more reps because they could operate more stations because of the sheer number of athletes on the team.

Rome asked him if he felt "betrayed" by Pederson over the Solich firing. TO wouldn't go that far but he did say it was disappointing especially since the team finished 10-3. Coach insisted again that he wouldn't tell Callahan what to do. He mentioned that Pederson's management style likely hurt him.

TO said again it won't be quick and easy and he understands that fans are impatient for results, "it's just the way it is." Coach spoke of the history of the Program and how there were some great teams in the 1930s and he also modestly mentioned the great runs he and Devaney had.

Rome said after the interview how much class and dignity TO has and what a soothing presence he is for the fans, something I said in a post last evening as a matter of fact.

Jim Rose is commenting on how Dr Tom has a calming presense like when your Grandfather or Father speaks to you. Rose thinks it is great that Nebraska reached to Dr Tom and he responded. GO BIG RED!

Rose or Rome? In another thread someone called Jim Rose "Rome." Is there a joke floating around that I don't know or is it a coincidence? :)

Jim Rose is commenting on how Dr Tom has a calming presense like when your Grandfather or Father speaks to you. Rose thinks it is great that Nebraska reached to Dr Tom and he responded. GO BIG RED!

Rose or Rome? In another thread someone called Jim Rose "Rome." Is there a joke floating around that I don't know or is it a coincidence? :)

LMAO yeah my bad Jim ROME! :)

Damn it, I have so much respect for Tom Osborne.

I seriously, seriously already feel better.

Just knowing that he will have an influence and hand in the program makes me feel like it's Christmas Day when I was 10 years old.

Imagine the conjecture, hyperbole, irrational, flaming thoughts we've all had these last few weeks (not to mention years!) and he comes on and in a matter of minutes has such a commanding, confident, calming effect; he might as well of been talking about Peanut Butter and Jelly drunk with red Kool-Aid.

This is not a joke: I will sleep better tonight after hearing that interview. And by the way, great interview by Jim Rome, he asked all the right questions.