More changes coming?

This was posted on another board from a guy who had the very early (and reliable) scoop on Steve Pederson and Tom Osborne:

Callahan, Cos, Elmo, and Wagner were asked to resign over the weekend, and again yesterday before the press conference. All refused.

They may be all dismissed anyway, sooner rather than later. Maybe very soon. The remaining assistants would have the opportunity for retention under a new head coach.

Osborne agreed to these changes in principle before being hired as AD.

The interim plan could call for Watson as OC, Busch as DC, and Charlie McBride as interim HC!

Bo Pelini has been in contact with Tom Osborne and is VERY interested in the head coaching job.

This was posted with a caveat that lawyers are involved and things may change, but that is what is happening right now.

This was posted on another board from a guy who had the very early (and reliable) scoop on Steve Pederson and Tom Osborne:

Callahan, Cos, Elmo, and Wagner were asked to resign over the weekend, and again yesterday before the press conference. All refused.

They may be all dismissed anyway, sooner rather than later. Maybe very soon. The remaining assistants would have the opportunity for retention under a new head coach.

The interim plan could call for Watson as OC, Busch as DC, and Charlie McBride as interim HC!

Bo Pelini has been in contact with Tom Osborne and is VERY interested in the head coaching job.

This was posted with a caveat that lawyers are involved and things may change, but that is what is happening right now.

Thanks, Husker Runner

Interesting...I Bleed Red can your source confirm any of this?

:restore

That would fall in line with what I have heard but I didn't get those kind of specifics. It definitely stays on track with everything else.

Thanks for the info

If this is true why would they keep a coaching staff that knows it's going to be gone. If I was in that kind of situation I would be calling all the recruits and tell them to look for other schools. The recruits would be talking about this and no way way would it be kept under cover. I'm throwing the bs flag :)

Nebraska just got lucky last time that most of the coaches off of Solichs staff were loyal Husker fans other then Pelini though he thought he might have a shot at HC.

If this is true why would they keep a coaching staff that knows it's going to be gone. If I was in that kind of situation I would be calling all the recruits and tell them to look for other schools. The recruits would be talking about this and no way way would it be kept under cover. I'm throwing the bs flag :)

Nebraska just got lucky last time that most of the coaches off of Solichs staff were loyal Husker fans other then Pelini though he thought he might have a shot at HC.

well Bryce Givens has reopened his recruiting, Blaine Gabbert and Will Compton will be visiting Mizzu this weekend, so who knows what if really going on right now

Anyone who knows Husker football of past including recruits and see's a change for the better coming, will still be interested in coming to Nebraska. These changes will put Nebraska back in a position to compete, and that's all the players want. The other stuff will come naturally in time once the changes have been incorporated and we are rid of the bad element that exists now in that locker room.

If Bo Pelini has contacted anyone regarding this job, I would be VERY surprised. If he has, why would you want him? If he is a DC for a team that is making a run at the MNC and is contacting other schools about jobs that aren't even open, he sounds like a major opportunist. This is NOT what Nebraska needs.

If Pelini is the next coach at Nebraska, I will eat someone's red N hat...

well Bryce Givens has reopened his recruiting, Blaine Gabbert and Will Compton will be visiting Mizzu this weekend, so who knows what if really going on right now

All I'm saying is that recruits would be talking about how they talked to the coaching staff and how they told them that they would not be there next year. Can't see how rival or scouts board would beable to not report this kind of talk.

I will say a few things from experience. When Tomey resigned form UofA he knew 3 weeks prior that they wanted him to step aside. He stayed on, coached the team and did it professionally. Then he resigned like it was his idea. If he didn't then he would never have been able to get another job. Cally is a professional (even if he isn't very good at his job) and he is getting paid a lot to leave. If it isn't done well, then he will never get a job.

Most coaches who are fired see the writing on the wall and they accept it. It is part of the profession....and a reason I left it. You are often times in a lame duck situation like a politician.

All I'm saying is that recruits would be talking about how they talked to the coaching staff and how they told them that they would not be there next year. Can't see how rival or scouts board would beable to not report this kind of talk.

Coaches will not be contacting recruits about this at all.