do you believe the rumors?

what do you believe  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This isn't a one or the other thing. I don't think that IBR is lying about the info that he's getting from his insider, but that doesn't mean that his insider is understanding the situation as well as one would hope *or* that IBR is always understanding the intricacies of the goings-on because of unclear communications. It might also be that things that are offered as contingencies are being relayed as definite plans. Early messages about Cally being gone were most likely contingent on his not refusing to resign when asked. So it's not that it was a lie or even wrong, it just had some strings attached that may have been difficult to relay at first. I think that what we're getting are things that the higher-ups and big monies would like to have happen and that they'll apply pressure to make happen, but that doesn't mean that someone won't push back.

I typically leave my "so called" sources alone. However, I did phone a few of them when all these rumors broke out. They wouldn't give me the details that we're getting now, but they did tell me lawyers were involved and that nothing is set in stone yet.

Yeah, I have sources, but if I got caught ratting anything I knew, I'd be too afraid of repercussions that wouldn't necessarily fall only on me. :)

I got a scholarship from the Warren Buffet Foundation. I do think that he may have given money to NU. But i still voted skeptical because i think TO will not fire cally until offseason. Unless Cally resigns himself (which could very well happen)

Someone asked Warren Buffett about the rumor of the 40 million and basically he said "NO, it's not true"

I don't believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes. We still have yet to land on the Moon, Dino's didn't really roam the earth and TO doesn't walk on water. Global warming is Al Gore's way of becoming cool, Elvis, Morrison and Jimi aren't dead.

So until I see this actually go down call me skeptical. It does make for good drama though.

I believe IBR to the point that I think that the lawyers and boosters are trying to get some deals worked out. Whether BC and co actually resign will be dependent on that of course. So if BC stays the whole year, is the rumor false? No, it just couldn't get worked out.

You have to believe that everyone wants things resolved as quickly as possible. BC and co want to be free with a wad of cash to find new jobs. TO and NU want the coaches out and to be able to name a new coach so recruiting doesn't tank.

I don't think BC really wants to be here, but they are not going to walk away from a load of money. Remember, its not just the salaries, but I'm sure BC wants to be compensated for the loss of income from all his shows and endorsement deals.