I never thought I'd say this, but can we just forfeit the rest of our games please.

Most teams get better as the season progesses. This team is actually getting worse. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this coaching staff has completely lost this team...

Dr. Tom...please...pull the trigger on this thing...it couldn't possibly get any worse...

They actually showed life in the first half....that is until we got completed gutted right up the middle with A&M running two freakin plays.

Before something will change, this program has to hit rock bottom. If Cosgrove, Callahan, someone isn't fired before the end of the season, imagine this:

it's Saturday November 10, 2007. Nebraska, having lost it's last 5 conference games, gets ready to take the field for its last home game of the season in front of 85,000 fans, 30,000+ in K-State purple.

Before something will change, this program has to hit rock bottom. If Cosgrove, Callahan, someone isn't fired before the end of the season, imagine this:

it's Saturday November 10, 2007. Nebraska, having lost it's last 5 conference games, gets ready to take the field for its last home game of the season in front of 85,000 fans, 30,000+ in K-State purple.

Don't worry bro. It's just a matter of time before Callahan resigns. I'm sure this is all just a big lawyer-fest at this point. No one wants Callahan around, and I doubt he much wants to be here any longer. He'll get his money, or most of it, resign with professionalism intact, and we'll await news on Bo Pelini and the other leading candidates. I'm not sure what to think about Pelini as HC, but all signs seem to point to him...

X

Not to dis the players, but this thought crossed my mind seconds before I saw this thread.

They held it together in the first half and I thought maybe they had a winning attitude, but I am puzzled at the second half. Are they running out of gas? From comments I have read, I wonder how their conditioning is.

You guys are such babys. You have been rubbing peoples noses with all of this Husker BS for 40 years and now you are getting a dose of your own medicine and can't take it. Just think what it would be like if you were an Iowa State fan or a Missouri fan and have had your ass handed to you most of these past 30 years by the Cornhuskers. That would be something to cry about or want to forfeit. You so called great fans have a few bad seasons and you can't handle it. Grow up and start spreading your interests a little more. There are more important things in life rather than obsessing over what some 20-21 year olds do on a football field on a Saturday. Idiots!!!

I wouldn't use the same language, and I probably would have nixed the "Idiots!!!" that was thrown in there, but I've got to generally agree with what this guy said. For being "the best fans in college football", I have been anything but impressed by the way you guys have been acting and the things you guys have been saying over the past 3 weeks.

Welcome to reality, folks. Your program will certainly find its way back to national relevance, and probably sooner rather than later, but you're never again going to be as good as you were in the 90's. That level of play isn't possible anymore, so I'd suggest you get used to losing back to back games every now and again. It happens. Sticking with your team through losses is part of what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a Husker fan, I'm a Sooner, but allow me to take a crack at a response to both you and "Huskerhater" above. You see, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa State, Baylor and the rest of the traditional Big 12 bottom dwellers have never had a tradition of excellence as long and as storied as either OU or Nebraska. It's simply not the same thing when a Colorado or an Oklahoma State has a long dry spell like this, because no one really expects much from them in the first place. Nor should they. Face it, teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, etc., have a tradition that stretches back generations, and that's why people care so much when one of these traditional football giants stumbles for a few seasons. No one really gives a rip when a CU or Oklahoma State or some similar East Popcorn State type football program goes through years of losing seasons. Sorry, but it's just that simple.

Thanks you for putting it so eloquently.

And to HuskerHater and the CU guy. WTF are you doing wasting your time on this board. Oh yeah, you have NO hobby (a least for me, following Huskers is a hobby) and you have teams with NO tradition. So getting your asses kicked is not that big of deal to you.

If you want the cheer the Huskers downfall the season, I don't care, go do it. It is your right. Just go do it on your own teams boards. I didn't go to a single CU board last year when you went 2 - 10 and lost to a Montana State, and any Husker fan who did to rub it in is as classless as the two of you ass hats.

Not to dis the players, but this thought crossed my mind seconds before I saw this thread.

They held it together in the first half and I thought maybe they had a winning attitude, but I am puzzled at the second half. Are they running out of gas? From comments I have read, I wonder how their conditioning is.

You guys are such babys. You have been rubbing peoples noses with all of this Husker BS for 40 years and now you are getting a dose of your own medicine and can't take it. Just think what it would be like if you were an Iowa State fan or a Missouri fan and have had your ass handed to you most of these past 30 years by the Cornhuskers. That would be something to cry about or want to forfeit. You so called great fans have a few bad seasons and you can't handle it. Grow up and start spreading your interests a little more. There are more important things in life rather than obsessing over what some 20-21 year olds do on a football field on a Saturday. Idiots!!!

I wouldn't use the same language, and I probably would have nixed the "Idiots!!!" that was thrown in there, but I've got to generally agree with what this guy said. For being "the best fans in college football", I have been anything but impressed by the way you guys have been acting and the things you guys have been saying over the past 3 weeks.

Welcome to reality, folks. Your program will certainly find its way back to national relevance, and probably sooner rather than later, but you're never again going to be as good as you were in the 90's. That level of play isn't possible anymore, so I'd suggest you get used to losing back to back games every now and again. It happens. Sticking with your team through losses is part of what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a Husker fan, I'm a Sooner, but allow me to take a crack at a response to both you and "Huskerhater" above. You see, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa State, Baylor and the rest of the traditional Big 12 bottom dwellers have never had a tradition of excellence as long and as storied as either OU or Nebraska. It's simply not the same thing when a Colorado or an Oklahoma State has a long dry spell like this, because no one really expects much from them in the first place. Nor should they. Face it, teams like Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, etc., have a tradition that stretches back generations, and that's why people care so much when one of these traditional football giants stumbles for a few seasons. No one really gives a rip when a CU or Oklahoma State or some similar East Popcorn State type football program goes through years of losing seasons. Sorry, but it's just that simple.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:woo:cheers