Web Audio

Has anyone posted yet on this? I've listened to a lot of Husker football games online and there are times when the web audio goes down briefly during a break and you can hear faint background noise...usually the band. There are also times when they run commercials and you can still hear audio from the broadcast booth. Today there was a point during second half where commercials were being played but you could still hear Rose in the booth! Sounded like he was on the phone or talking to a producer but he was basically saying how the defense couldn't stop anything, they have been on the field too long, essentially commenting how poor the defensive play was...couldn't believe this was going out over the air...I was in the HuskerBoard chat room today and many of us caught what was happening. Anyone else hear this (did it go out over radio or just the internet audio?). It was getting to a point where I was cringing thinking man, he is close to going over the edge here with some of his comments (i.e. he would not comment so strongly during the regular broadcast or if he knew he could be heard). Interesting to say the least.

Has anyone posted yet on this? I've listened to a lot of Husker football games online and there are times when the web audio goes down briefly during a break and you can hear faint background noise...usually the band. There are also times when they run commercials and you can still hear audio from the broadcast booth. Today there was a point during second half where commercials were being played but you could still hear Rose in the booth! Sounded like he was on the phone or talking to a producer but he was basically saying how the defense couldn't stop anything, they have been on the field too long, essentially commenting how poor the defensive play was...couldn't believe this was going out over the air...I was in the HuskerBoard chat room today and many of us caught what was happening. Anyone else hear this (did it go out over radio or just the internet audio?). It was getting to a point where I was cringing thinking man, he is close to going over the edge here with some of his comments (i.e. he would not comment so strongly during the regular broadcast or if he knew he could be heard). Interesting to say the least.

cant say i did

Didn't hear that but I can sure picture it. The overall broadcast seemed very tense and awkward at times among the three in the booth today. Rose typically makes a comment and says "Adrian" completely disregarding the fact that Matt Davison is also in the booth, but a few times today he said "Adrian and Matt" and it was odd sounding. Another time Davison cheerily said something to Rose like, "Looks like we agree for once," and then Rose nervously chuckled and said "that's not true."

Adrian really struggled to make his point one time when the ball was thrown too high and it took him about five sentences to just make that simple declarative statement. Felt bad for him at that point. Rose kept me from falling asleep one time when he did that annoying shriek thing when NU did something remotely good. I guess everything is easier when you're winning games so it's probably damn tough to be a broadcaster this season.

Given all of that, I still always like listening to the Husker broadcasts on the radio and appreciate the all-day coverage from KFAB Radio.

First of all, yes I heard it too. Second of all, I did not think it was that provocative as you did. Third of all, Rosey is a piece of work that I wish would disappear from play calling duties. His blogs are half ass attempts to be positive and stand behind his man-Bill Callahan. Anyone with a clue knows better.