Speaking of Beer

I have been keeping the Guiness family well fed lately. Something about fall and a nice stout!!

However, living in Colorado as I do now, the Bull and Bush Pub has a delicious Nut Brown Ale Seasonal. Made on site and enjoyed next to the fireplace.

Here's to drinking one for fun instead of to drown in!! :cheers

I have been keeping the Guiness family well fed lately. Something about fall and a nice stout!!

However, living in Colorado as I do now, the Bull and Bush Pub has a delicious Nut Brown Ale Seasonal. Made on site and enjoyed next to the fireplace.

Next time you get a chance check out Black Butte, great stout!!!

I am in Golden.

Guiness gives me a headache almost as fast as Rolling Rock.

I spent a week in Boulder for a Chemistry seminar a dozen years ago and Drank so many Pale Ales and Nut Brown ales at the countless Brew Pubs, I felt pregnant by the time I left..Ruined me for almost all beers..

Now I just search for Tequizas

Altech's Kentucky Ale

Huskernumerouno knows all about this one

Personally proven research has concluded that if you drink enough of this you will get the sh#ts.

The owners of Altech flew me and my boss on their private plane to whatch the Huskers at Notre dame, the owner is a graduate of the irish. Great weekend and beer isn't that bad.

Altech's Kentucky Ale

Huskernumerouno knows all about this one

Personally proven research has concluded that if you drink enough of this you will get the sh#ts.

quite possible. It's true with Guinness too. They're "natural" diuretics.

As a side note, Guinness used to be claimed as "Good for you" in their advertising campaigns. Obviously they can't do that anymore because of all the FDA regulations and stuff. However there have been recent studies done that show drinking a 24oz Guinness glass with a meal is beneficial at preventing heart clots. In one study with dogs, Guinness was proven to break up these clots in their blood causing the same effect that low dose asprin or red wine does. This has to do with the antioxidants in the beer. In fact, back in the day in England, and still in Ireland, post-op patients and blood donors are given Guinness because of it's high amounts of iron.

Not only that, if you're a calorie counter...compare the calorie/carb intake in a 12oz. glass of Guinness compared to other standard brands:

Guinness 125 calories 10 carbs

Budweiser 143 calories 10.6 carbs

Coors 148 calories 11.3 carbs

MGD 143 calories 13.1 carbs

Michaelob 155 calories 13.3 carbs