Sam Keller - average at best

jb61264

If you think Joe Ganz is even half the quaterback that Sam Keller is, then you need to pass whatever it is you're smoking this way! Nothing against Joey, but everytime he's been in a game (few and far between, mind you) he has looked completely clueless.

Bad coaching with good athletes = 4-8 record. Bottom line.

To be quite honest I don't think that we should start this guy at all. What has he done with this offense in the past four weeks. I think Ganz has more heart into this offense than Keller and I believe that Ganz could turn things around. Hell Zac Taylor was by far a better QB than Sam Keller.

I agree with that wholeheartly. Should've started Ganz and forgot about keller. I mean keller had to sit out an entire season for the transfer. Since keller can't scramble we are screwed if he doesn't get rid of the ball. Ganz should've been the starter from game 1 period.

Not trying to flame...but hindsight is 20/20.

I can't really say that Ganz would do a better job...hence the hindsight adage.

Your not flaming at all...your right on the money. Hind sight is 20/20. If Ganz would have started then people would be crying about how they could not believe Keller did not get the start.

If you think Joe Ganz is even half the quaterback that Sam Keller is, then you need to pass whatever it is you're smoking this way! Nothing against Joey, but everytime he's been in a game (few and far between, mind you) he has looked completely clueless.

Bad coaching with good athletes = 4-8 record. Bottom line.

:yeah

To be quite honest I don't think that we should start this guy at all. What has he done with this offense in the past four weeks. I think Ganz has more heart into this offense than Keller and I believe that Ganz could turn things around. Hell Zac Taylor was by far a better QB than Sam Keller.

I agree with that wholeheartly. Should've started Ganz and forgot about keller. I mean keller had to sit out an entire season for the transfer. Since keller can't scramble we are screwed if he doesn't get rid of the ball. Ganz should've been the starter from game 1 period.

Not trying to flame...but hindsight is 20/20.

I can't really say that Ganz would do a better job...hence the hindsight adage.

Your not flaming at all...your right on the money. Hind sight is 20/20. If Ganz would have started then people would be crying about how they could not believe Keller did not get the start.

:yeah

I don't know if I believe Keller should sit. Joe should get some snaps, though. Cally has Ganz pegged as an "option qb."

I wonder if Keller's performance has dipped because ZT left his grad assistant spot to go be on a CFL practice squad.

If Paul Johnson happens to become the the coach next season then Ganz would be the QB to lead the team as the offense transitions.

Keller is the Heisman favorite if he played at Ohio St or USC, the guy has raw talent, just unforntunate set of circumstances beyond his control(ASU and here).

This is the most hilarious and utterly ridiculous thing I think I've ever seen posted here. You couldn't be more off the mark about this comment...Sam Keller is a one-dimensional non-threat quarterback...you think Sam Keller is going to be drafted into the NFL?...LOL...give me a break

....Sam Keller does not have the word "SCRAMBLE" in his vocabulary.

I'd like to see him strap on a set of balls and run up the field for 10 or 20 yards once or twice in a game. Then opposing teams would have a lot more respect for him as a multi-purpose QB.

I don't know if he's fast enough to get that far before getting creamed. It is limiting that he can't or won't take off when nothing develops downfield.

That's why it will be nice to see Zac Lee starting next year.

What about Patrick Witt? I watched him in practice at the Husker Youth Camp. I didn't get to see a lot, but to my eyes, he was the sharpest of the group. He graduated from high school at mid-semester, so he's been in system for a while.

It seems that other teams have had great success with young quarterbacks. Our season is toast, so why not give him some playing time. He might actually do well. My hunch is that he has more natural talent that Ganz.

Keller is the Heisman favorite if he played at Ohio St or USC, the guy has raw talent, just unforntunate set of circumstances beyond his control(ASU and here).

This is the most hilarious and utterly ridiculous thing I think I've ever seen posted here. You couldn't be more off the mark about this comment...Sam Keller is a one-dimensional non-threat quarterback...you think Sam Keller is going to be drafted into the NFL?...LOL...give me a break

Thanks for the compliment, but just a personal OPINION. Don't forget that players are selected in the draft not just based on college experience/results. They have combines and other events which the players present themselves to the scouts. SK has the frame and cannon of a NFL QB. I guess the guys in Mississippi and Illinois were saying the same things about Farve and Romo being one-dimensional, non-threat QBs.......

a couple points in response to points made above.

Sam Keller: He really impresses me with his maturity and character during the post-game press conferences. He's a gamer and a leader. I just feel sorry for him coming to Nebraska at this time.

The reason Sam Keller has not impressed people as much as we expected is that he has the same coaching staff bringing him down as do the rest of the players. Callahan and crew have demonstrated an uncanny ability to make players underachieve. They overcoach and mess these talents up. Where Keller has excelled, albeit against lesser teams this year, is during two minute drills where he can just play without interference from the coach's stupid play calling. This offense take Keller out of rhythm and I think it saps his confidence.

Joe Ganz: Callahan may be doing him a favor by not playing him. This means less exposure to Callahan messing Ganz up. Ganz may still be salvageable to the new coaches next year.

Osborne taking too long/being culpable/not a single man miracle worker: Tom is taking a long term view of the program. He is not claiming to be able to fix this thing overnight. It may be necessary to not only sacrifice the rest of this year but maybe next year too in order to create a long term sustainable long term path to success. And like others I have faith that Tom knows far more about collegiate athletic programs than the rest of us on this board combined. Infallible? No. Knowlegable enough to get the job done and ignore the ignorant masses? Hell yes!