McKeon

red4life

I agree with some people on here. It seems like nothing will ever satisfy anyone at anytime. You all complain that the defense has no heart and no soul and can't play worth a crap. Then they come out yesterday and make some plays and show a little tenacity we have yet to see most of the season and what do people do on here? You sit and whine about why the heck they are doing that and what pansies they are for thinking they are all that.

Don't get me wrong...message boards are message boards and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Some people need to get a life though. I sat in the stands and listened to everyone whine and moan about our 3rd down incompletions and 4th down troubles. Seems like they try a pass play and it does not work so people scream and yell "WHY DIDN'T WE FREAKIN RUN THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE!!! GOOD LORD CALLY JUST RUN THE BALL ON 3RD AND SHORT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!"

Then when we run the ball and get stuffed at the line everyone is yelling "THROW THE FREAKIN BALL!!! GOOD LORD CALLY!! WE HAD RECEIVERS WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT THROW THE FREAKIN BALL!!!!!!!"

I agree with some people on here. It seems like nothing will ever satisfy anyone at anytime. You all complain that the defense has no heart and no soul and can't play worth a crap. Then they come out yesterday and make some plays and show a little tenacity we have yet to see most of the season and what do people do on here? You sit and whine about why the heck they are doing that and what pansies they are for thinking they are all that.

Don't get me wrong...message boards are message boards and everyone is entitled to their opinions. Some people need to get a life though. I sat in the stands and listened to everyone whine and moan about our 3rd down incompletions and 4th down troubles. Seems like they try a pass play and it does not work so people scream and yell "WHY DIDN'T WE FREAKIN RUN THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE!!! GOOD LORD CALLY JUST RUN THE BALL ON 3RD AND SHORT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!"

Then when we run the ball and get stuffed at the line everyone is yelling "THROW THE FREAKIN BALL!!! GOOD LORD CALLY!! WE HAD RECEIVERS WIDE OPEN ON A SLANT THROW THE FREAKIN BALL!!!!!!!"

Thats what fans do doesnt matter who is coaching. How many fans were wondering why he accepted the penalty and gave them another shot for a td instead of making it 4 down?

I have a hard time seeing players on a bad team celebrate after making one OK play. It's just another similarity to the Raiders that I hate.

On the other hand, seeing anyone with an "N" on their clothing actaully showing like a give a crap is nice for a change.

This was posted on another board, and has been confirmed by several people:

I feel as if I should tell you what I witnessed tonight. Corey McKeon was at the Brass Rail trashed as usual and grabbing girls, talking s**t, etc. Someone asked if anybody said anything to him who was from the '97 team and he held his arms out as if to say bring it and said, "tell them to step into my territory." He also said, and I quote, "Fu** Tom Osborne." Also, Sam Keller said "we're f***ed!" Honestly, that made my blood boil and I couldn't resist, so I asked him why he'd say that and he replied, "because our offensive line fu**in' sucks, Nebraska fans f**kin' suck, and you fu**in' suck...want your ass kicked???"

I was not there but can understand this can happen. Lots of frustration to vent. Criticism can be tough to take especially if you know you suck and then the whole world sucks.

It is too bad energy can not be focused in a more positive way.

I would guess most college football players could hold their own in a bar fight with other college students, but clearly the Husker players are getting whipped on the field.

Too bad some of these guys don't take a leadership role on the team.

I was not there but can understand this can happen. Lots of frustration to vent. Criticism can be tough to take especially if you know you suck and then the whole world sucks.

It is too bad energy can not be focused in a more positive way.

I would guess most college football players could hold their own in a bar fight with other college students, but clearly the Husker players are getting whipped on the field.

Too bad some of these guys don't take a leadership role on the team.

Blowing off steam is one thing, but when you are playing like sh*t, you have no room to be talking down someone that has proven they have what it took.

Right now, I am very disappointed in the lack of leadership this team has, from top to bottom.

...Nebraska fans f**kin' suck...

If this is indeed true and not just another internet rumor then I'd say it's pretty obvious that the issues this team has are NOT going to be fixed by this coaching staff. They obviously have no faith in themselves.

I'd be truly disappointed if SK really said this as it's seems to me that most Husker faithful point to him as one of the few bright spots on this team. As for McKeon...well...it's obvious he's become a cancer to this team...it's really a shame too as he showed SO much potential as a frosh...

I wonder too what...if anything...the coaching staff is doing to address the moral issues with this team...

Mckeon is a friggen joke. This defense is a joke I was at the game and how do our players celebrate when they are down by that much. Id like to see jason, christian and grant go into the locker room and tear Mckeon a new a-hole. Or better yet go out one saturday night after a game run into him and see him talking this sh#t. Mckeon had one great play on saturday, thats it and he talks like he is the leader of this defense. Lil Red could kick his ass